United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 30-07-2017, 06:52 PM
ZiggyStardust

Let's be honest that was a bit shit

Slightly concerned by our lack of creativity
Not helped by Fellaini being one of the attacking players but I think the biggest issue is the lack of threat from our full backs
Comparing city's full backs last night to how ours play is like night and day

I know he setup the goal but Micki really pisses me off sometimes
Gives the ball away so easily. Is it too much to ask for a bit of consistency from the lad

Unread 30-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Let's be honest that was a bit shit

Slightly concerned by our lack of creativity
Not helped by Fellaini being one of the attacking players but I think the biggest issue is the lack of threat from our full backs
Comparing city's full backs last night to how ours play is like night and day

I know he setup the goal but Micki really pisses me off sometimes
Gives the ball away so easily. Is it too much to ask for a bit of consistency from the lad
Have one fit proper full back at the entire club so what do you expect.

Everyone else is either an adapted winger or central midfielder

Unread 30-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Vedder

We are in desperate need of two natural wide players.

Sick of seeing strikers forced out wide. Mata isn't fluid or quick enough. Miki is a 10. We need pace and trickery ffs.

Unread 30-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Tiberian

Darmian is going to start this season isn't he? Capable defender against non elite athletes but he is inept as an attacker. He is not even O'Shea or Brown level going forward. Mou seems to like him, perhaps views him as poor mans' Azplizecueta, but he is so limited.

Our wide pairings might be the main weakness in the squad atm.

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:06 PM
dunk

Pereira's dead ball delivery may give Mourinho something to think about. He loves a set piece..

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Cream

You lot switched off?

Lukaku! We're gonna win the league.

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:10 PM
ziggyman17

Perisic will make a huge difference to our team,,

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Darmian is going to start this season isn't he? Capable defender against non elite athletes but he is inept as an attacker. He is not even O'Shea or Brown level going forward. Mou seems to like him, perhaps views him as poor mans' Azplizecueta, but he is so limited.

Our wide pairings might be the main weakness in the squad atm.
Absolutely, yes. He'd be starting even if Shaw was fit tbh.

We don't have one natural fullback or one natural winger. Is it any surprise we look dodgy down the flanks.

Once Shaw is fit and gets a chance, It's crucial he takes the chance. And we need Perisic.

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Tiberian

Bit of width and we look dangerous. Remember in the finals days of Fergie how people were bemoaning our over reliance on crossing, moved too far in the other direction since his retirement.

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Cream

In better news, Martial looks more determined and Perreira looks quality.

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Pereira has given the ball away 4 times in a row

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Will be very disappointed if he heads out on loan. Based on what he has shown this pre-season he should be in match day 18's. Looks ready.

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Vedder

Great finish son

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Pereira has given the ball away 4 times in a row
Didn't say he was Paul Scholes. Looks good on the ball and that, my friend, is a £#%&!ing rarity.

Ah look, the boy The Scottish Player. You said he was shit too, yes?

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:28 PM
dunk

finish. A bit Beckham at Blackburn that..

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Didn't say he was Paul Scholes. Looks good on the ball and that, my friend, is a £#%&!ing rarity.

Ah look, the boy The Scottish Player. You said he was shit too, yes?
No idea who the £#%&! he is

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:30 PM
armchair

Perreira, not for me. Certainly not when he's trying to pretend to be a defensive midfielder.

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No idea who the £#%&! he is

Nice again from Perreria there, good shot from the big man too.

Slightly less depressing stuff from the greys.

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Tiberian

Got some good young talent Utd. Tunazebe impressive again, going to have move some on to make room for him. Could see him in midfield again, lot to like in his game.

Could see Mensah going out on loan, a great athlete but not much else at the moment.

Unread 30-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Got some good young talent Utd. Tunazebe impressive again, going to have move some on to make room for him. Could see him in midfield again, lot to like in his game.

Could see Mensah going out on loan, a great athlete but not much else at the moment.
Yeah liking big Axel. Perreria has gone to shit. Get rid.