Originally Posted by Sapien
I see that Lindelof has been completely written off after 1 friendly
The beds are wet again

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Vedder

Quote:

Amazing how people take these friendlies so serious. None of the players give a £#%&!. Footballers are known to hate pre season. He's trained with the lads a week and played in a 352 formation none of the players are that used too.

Remember our pre season under LVG when we smashed Madrid, Liverpool etc good £#%&!ing season that was

Unread 18-07-2017, 11:06 AM
saffers

Quote:
Preferable to us making photoshops of him with a crown, calling him King Victor, declaring him the best centre half in England etc.

The doom is what makes us

Unread 18-07-2017, 03:41 PM
red in cumbria

There can be a happy medium, sometimes

Unread 18-07-2017, 03:46 PM
dragflick

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

yhbr.

Unread 18-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Or a miserable clairvoyant

Unread 18-07-2017, 06:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Or a miserable clairvoyant

Actually, that should be their default state given the general state of the world.

Unread 18-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
We will finish 6th again
Well we certainly won't be winning any league titles with the players we've signed so far .

We're going to start the season without a £#%&!ing left back.

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:10 PM
AK14

I think we'll still sign Peresic

Probs after their tour?

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:13 PM
dunk

Reckon there will be a flurry of moves in the last fortnight tbh. Lots of clubs asking far too much money for players they want rid of or to cash in on.

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Sparky***

Have any of our signings addressed our main issue last season - mainly the complete lack of goals from anyone apart from our no9?

No.

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Have any of our signings addressed our main issue last season - mainly the complete lack of goals from anyone apart from our no9?

No.
Except for a 25 goal striker no we've not addressed the problems - i agree

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:19 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We had that last year.

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
We had that last year.
Exactly

Quote:
What number does Lukaku wear mate?

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I think Sparky is saying he's replaced a striker and therefore that doesn't count. It's basically a way for him to ignore us spending £75m to score goals and pretend we've done nothing about trying to score more.

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:25 PM
dunk

We started the summer heavy in defence, light in midfield and light in attack.

Would say we're probably a bit worse off from an attacking POV overall, numbers wise. Lost 2, bought 1. One injury and we're struggling. Little in the way of options/variety.

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:27 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We started the summer heavy in defence, light in midfield and light in attack.

Would say we're probably a bit worse off from an attacking POV overall, numbers wise. Lost 2, bought 1. One injury and we're struggling. Little in the way of options/variety.
I know the thread is 'if', but I just can't see us not signing anyone else this summer. We'll get a winger/forward and probably a cm.

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I know the thread is 'if', but I just can't see us not signing anyone else this summer. We'll get a winger/forward and probably a cm.
Let's hope so. Need some magic in that forward line...

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I think Sparky is saying he's replaced a striker and therefore that doesn't count. It's basically a way for him to ignore us spending £75m to score goals and pretend we've done nothing about trying to score more.
I'm not saying it doesn't count, Billy. I said that our problem was we relied on one bloke to score all of our goals and nobody weighed in with a respectable total outside of our no9.

Lukaku will score goals...Mkhitaryan might even score 10+ maybe...

Who else is going to get goals in the double figures or 15+?

Unread 18-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Buck

The goals will be spread out.

We created enough chances last season - our conversion was abysmal. The players know that. Take Rashford for example who last season really lacked confidence in front of goal. One miss, two misses, three misses.......this becomes a mental problem. That was it for practically everyone. However if we keep creating chances things will be much improved. Clean slate, fresh start and all that shit.

In addition we bought a striker whose actual general play is pretty meh but.....he scores goals. Mata is always good for a goal. Mkhi has had twenty goal seasons in the past and is 2/2 so far. Martial got 17 in his debut season. There is goals in this team.
Closed Thread