United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Lok

They'd be very lucky to have Moyes.

I can't stand the @#%&! but we're talking about a club that is in pieces. They're a shambles and have probably had the worst season any team has ever had in the Premier League.

Moyes obviously wasn't the man for United but to suggest he isn't good enough for Villa is ridiculous.

Unread 19-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
You reckon Villa fans wouldn't love to be where Everton were under Moyes right about now?

They're in no position to be worrying about whether their team is quite "Tika Taka" enough
Villa now are not where Everton were when Moyes took over. There's no reason to believe that Moyes could get them promoted, only lots of evidence to the contrary.

As I said earlier, his only experience of that division saw a defeat in the play-offs (which set the tone for the rest of his career: him being a loser).

Villa might not be in a position to be picky, but surely they'd be better off with someone who knows the Championship and has actually got a team out of it?

Unread 19-04-2016, 03:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
They'd be very lucky to have Moyes.

I can't stand the @#%&! but we're talking about a club that is in pieces. They're a shambles and have probably had the worst season any team has ever had in the Premier League.

Moyes obviously wasn't the man for United but to suggest he isn't good enough for Villa is ridiculous.
Derby in 2007/08 still set most of the benchmarks for that one.

Unread 22-04-2016, 11:28 AM
TheFatGoth

Lerner takes the blame...

Quote:
"I write to Villa supporters to make clear that this relegation lies at my feet and no one else's."

"I know Villa will return better, stronger. It will come back more able, with the edge and attitude it must have to represent our history and tradition."

"I can say certainly in good faith that I have tried to sell since my May 2014 announcement and put our beloved club in better suited hands - but that hasn't happened."

"I will continue to try to put the club into worthy hands as I have, and also do my best to position Villa for the quickest possible return to its rightful place among England's elite.“
Quote:
"Memories of Ashley Young scoring a late winner against Everton still romantically nourish me"

Unread 22-04-2016, 11:44 AM
doudou

Good for him. Ash Young isn't averse to a bit of romantic nourishment online.
Closed Thread