Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Switching Off

Question Villa

"Big" story breaking at 11pm.

FFP points deduction?

Unread 18-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Sparky***

lescott v collymore in the car park at 11:30, shirts off, oiled up...may the best man win

Unread 18-04-2016, 10:28 PM
taff

they may make an offer for gareth bale when the window opens.

Unread 18-04-2016, 10:32 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
they may make an offer for gareth bale when the window opens.

Unread 18-04-2016, 10:35 PM
utd99

The chosen one is back!

Unread 18-04-2016, 10:42 PM
est.1878

@StanCollymore
23m
Phew. Thought we were getting Gillet and Hicks or Carsten Yeung. Only Gabby out on the town. Standard.

Unread 18-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Switching Off

Unread 18-04-2016, 11:22 PM
red in cumbria

Well??

Unread 18-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well??
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...16&postcount=6

Also

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...relegated.html

Unread 18-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Sparky***

incredible.

Keep us updated switchers

Unread 18-04-2016, 11:55 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
lescott v collymore in the car park at 11:30, shirts off, oiled up...may the best man win
Just distract them and chuck a grenade into the middle of the @#%&!s

Unread 19-04-2016, 12:37 AM
waynes ear's

Doug Ellis has to be one of the biggest @#%&!s in the world. Sold the club for a fortune, then sits in his gaff giving it "the clubs a joke" shit on sky sports news

Hope he falls off his pedestal and £#%&!ing dies the @#%&!

Unread 19-04-2016, 02:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Doug Ellis has to be one of the biggest @#%&!s in the world. Sold the club for a fortune, then sits in his gaff giving it "the clubs a joke" shit on sky sports news

Hope he falls off his pedestal and £#%&!ing dies the @#%&!
Bit like Edwards then

Unread 19-04-2016, 04:43 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Doug Ellis has to be one of the biggest c***s in the world. Sold the club for a fortune, then sits in his gaff giving it "the clubs a joke" shit on sky sports news

Hope he falls off his pedestal and £#%&!ing dies the c***
Bit like Yorke then

"I left the club 18 years ago to better myself and to get rid of the stench of Villa but, I get the club! I know how the club operates now! Give me the managers job!"

Can't believe I'm saying this but, Moyes would be a genius appointment....Especially if Yorke, Staunton and Townsend are in the running.

Unread 19-04-2016, 07:59 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well??
You've got a bloody cheek after your snooker thread.

Unread 19-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Bit like Yorke then

"I left the club 18 years ago to better myself and to get rid of the stench of Villa but, I get the club! I know how the club operates now! Give me the managers job!"

Can't believe I'm saying this but, Moyes would be a genius appointment....Especially if Yorke, Staunton and Townsend are in the running.

Would prefer anyone but Moyes if I were a Villa fan tbh. At least with the others mentioned there's a chance they might turn out to be decent managers, whereas Moyes has been failing as a manager for almost 20 years.

His only experience of that level of football was failing to get Preston promoted btw.

Unread 19-04-2016, 10:41 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Would prefer anyone but Moyes if I were a Villa fan tbh. At least with the others mentioned there's a chance they might turn out to be decent managers, whereas Moyes has been failing as a manager for almost 20 years.

His only experience of that level of football was failing to get Preston promoted btw.
He hasn't though has he?

Did a great job at Everton, with average resources. May not have won anything but he turned them around (considering where they were when he took over) and they become a solid stable club of which Martinez benefited from when he took over.

He failed at United and had a shocker at Sociedad but he's a good manager who would be a good fit at Villa imo. Problem is behind the scenes they're a mess and he can't change that.

Unread 19-04-2016, 10:51 AM
andyroo

Their problems are far bigger than who the manager is.

The next Leeds. Unless you consider Bolton the next Leeds in which case these are the next Bolton.

Great exclusive btw Switchers.

Unread 19-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
He hasn't though has he?

Did a great job at Everton, with average resources. May not have won anything but he turned them around (considering where they were when he took over) and they become a solid stable club of which Martinez benefited from when he took over.

He failed at United and had a shocker at Sociedad but he's a good manager who would be a good fit at Villa imo. Problem is behind the scenes they're a mess and he can't change that.
He did an adequate job at Everton, no more. If anything he held them back from 2009 onwards.

He isn't a good manager, he's barely even an average one. At Everton he showed he could take a team so far playing 1980s hit and hope 'football' while 'achieving' unremarkable league finishes and never winning anything. The 'average resources' arguement doesn't wash either - McLaren, McLeish, Laudrup and Martinez all won a trophy with similar or less money to spend.

Unread 19-04-2016, 12:50 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
He did an adequate job at Everton, no more. If anything he held them back from 2009 onwards.

He isn't a good manager, he's barely even an average one. At Everton he showed he could take a team so far playing 1980s hit and hope 'football' while 'achieving' unremarkable league finishes and never winning anything. The 'average resources' arguement doesn't wash either - McLaren, McLeish, Laudrup and Martinez all won a trophy with similar or less money to spend.
You reckon Villa fans wouldn't love to be where Everton were under Moyes right about now?

They're in no position to be worrying about whether their team is quite "Tika Taka" enough
Closed Thread