United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2016, 11:10 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
New evidence ?

Unless the room was bugged what new evidence can there be ?

Evans : "she was awake and gagging for it"

Her : "I was unconscious and did not consent"

The jury believed her. Now unless there was a witness I don't see how there is new evidence
Sadly I'm not important enough to know the details, must've been summat though if he's been granted a re-trial

Unread 21-04-2016, 11:13 AM
TheFatGoth

So if he gets found guilty at the retrial does he have to go back to prison again?

Unread 21-04-2016, 11:14 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
So if he gets found guilty at the retrial does he have to go back to prison again?
No, they'll let him go free.

Unread 21-04-2016, 11:18 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
No, they'll let him go free.
Yep, double jeopardy ain't it. No lose situation now for big Chad...

Unread 21-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Something might have been discovered after the alleged incident. I don't really know much about this case, but I vaguely remember her saying she was extremely drunk and therefore unable to give consent, but then video footage showed her walking normally out the hotel in high heels, not a drunken wobble in sight. All this might be wrong, I think I read it somewhere about a year ago, so it could be something else.
Looked pretty hammered to me.

The thing is you can be pissed, seeing double, and still walk. We've all been there. Then fatigue kicks in, the effect of the last few drinks can kick in - or you can sober up a bit, who knows?

Saw the missus do it the other week, absolutely fine in the pub - so she said - by the time she's on the bus home she's really feeling it. 1 hr later she's virtually comatose on the couch.

I could've easily Chedded her.

Unread 21-04-2016, 11:26 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

The thing is you can be pissed, seeing double, and still walk. We've all been there. Then fatigue kicks in, the effect of the last few drinks can kick in - or you can sober up a bit, who knows?

Saw the missus do it the other week, absolutely fine in the pub - so she said - by the time she's on the bus home she's really feeling it. 1 hr later she's virtually comatose on the couch.

I'm in no way condoning your rapist sympathising, but have you ever noticed how a dose of fresh air after being in the pub can make you drunker?

Unread 21-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
I'm in no way condoning your rapist sympathising, but have you ever noticed how a dose of fresh air after being in the pub can make you drunker?
We're on the same page.

The girl wasn't in control of her faculties, Ched sneaked in the side door and the rest is history.

Vile snake who deserved his sentence. Or... she was covering her arse when her boyfriend asked what she was up to last night. IDK.

Unread 21-04-2016, 11:42 AM
King Eric

Quote:

Just wondering what this new evidence is?

Must be something significant for the appeal judges to go to a retrial.

Unread 21-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Just wondering what this new evidence is?

Must be something significant for the appeal judges to go to a retrial.
No idea how it works.

I remember seeing a documentary following a guy accused of spousal abuse.

'People are very strange these days...' so true.

Unread 21-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

but you let Irk do it instead ?

Unread 21-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
We're on the same page.

The girl wasn't in control of her faculties, Ched sneaked in the side door and the rest is history.

Vile snake who deserved his sentence. Or... she was covering her arse when her boyfriend asked what she was up to last night. IDK.
Funny, on the last thread on this you were absolutely adamant he was a vile snake and laughingly ridiculed me and irkles for suggesting the evidence was lacking.
Turns out the evidence was, er, lacking.

I put it to you, sir, that you have changed your tune.

Unread 21-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Big Norm

This is a pretty comprehensive summary of the whole sorry affair. His family sound like a charming bunch.

http://footylaw.co.uk/2015/01/06/che...-from-fiction/

Unread 21-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Child of Darkness

He will be found not guilty at the second trial . Then claim 4 years loss of earnings of the state .

Unread 21-04-2016, 01:35 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
He will be found not guilty at the second trial . Then claim 4 years loss of earnings of the state .
They can charge him for the hospitality of her majesty though. Probably evens out

Unread 21-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
They can charge him for the hospitality of her majesty though. Probably evens out
never really been quite sure how hey have the cheek to do that . His wages are likely to have been massive . That was kind of my point really .

Unread 21-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Given than the initial paragraphs dismiss any possibility of an appeal, this new evidence must be pretty powerful. I can't for the life of me grasp what it could be though
Has to be something which contradicts the girl's version of events.

His behaviour, by his own admission, was still snidey as £#%&! though, so he could still be found guilty again.

Unread 21-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Has to be something which contradicts the girl's version of events.

His behaviour, by his own admission, was still snidey as £#%&! though, so he could still be found guilty again.
Probably, but they've considered the CCTV from the city centre and they say that they have considered the evidence by all of the 3 people in the room.

Now, if there was a 4th person....

Nah, can't be... probably some technicality

Unread 21-04-2016, 01:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

it could be anything really. as the appeal seems to have been on the grounds of an unsafe conviction it could be an issue with the jury. or with the original judge.

let's a bttt of the original thread please

edit: forget that, they're at the bottom aren't they

Unread 21-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Fat Al

According to the BBC, there is fresh evidence which was grounds enough for an appeal which has led to the conviction being quashed & a retrial.
Reporting restrictions mean it can't be broadcast.
Closed Thread