United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Coracao

Default Re: Reserves tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Class player, very smooth and always seems in control of the situation. At what point will Fergie look to get him involved with the first team. Might jump past Eikrem as midfield playmaker simply because he is a better athlete.
I think it said a lot that Fergie put him on at the end of our last carling cup game, albeit with about 15 seconds left. 3 years younger than Eikrem too.

Unread 18-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Tiberian

[quote=Coracao;2236995]I think it said a lot that Fergie put him on at the end of our last carling cup game, albeit with about 15 seconds left. 3 years younger than Eikrem too.[/QUOTE

Normally Fergie would give him games in wide roles at the start of his career, but with Bebe and Obertan backing up Valencia, Nani, Giggs and Park that may prove a little more difficult. He looks like a central midfield player in the making, has a lot of time on the ball, lovely touch and imagination in his play, very exciting prospect.

Unread 18-11-2010, 09:58 PM
MUFC One Love

[quote=Tiberian;2237004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I think it said a lot that Fergie put him on at the end of our last carling cup game, albeit with about 15 seconds left. 3 years younger than Eikrem too.[/QUOTE

Normally Fergie would give him games in wide roles at the start of his career, but with Bebe and Obertan backing up Valencia, Nani, Giggs and Park that may prove a little more difficult. He looks like a central midfield player in the making, has a lot of time on the ball, lovely touch and imagination in his play, very exciting prospect.
As Coracao says, the fact that Fergie included him in the CC game and brought him on at the end proves how highly he must rate him. I really hope one of these young players makes it as a top player for United.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester

Some humble pie for those mocking Bebe at the start of the thread.
I wasn't one of those mocking Bebe at the start of this thread, but it's going to take more than a couple of goals for the reserves to redeem his shocking performance in a proper grown ups game against Wolves the other week.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
what a goal by bebe, if he keeps this up he's gonna make me eat my words from a couple of weeks ago
And then a couple of weeks later he'll make you regret this post.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
I wasn't one of those mocking Bebe at the start of this thread, but it's going to take more than a couple of goals for the reserves to redeem his shocking performance in a proper grown ups game against Wolves the other week.
I appreciate that, it was a tongue and cheek comment

However, it does go to show that people shouldn't hang the lad out to dry after a poor game. After the Wolves game he was wrote off, whereas if we're being realistic, he's extremely raw, but does show a lot of potential. Give the kid time before slating him (not aimed at you Terry, just a general comment).

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Sandman

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Harri Jaffa

That second from Bebe is mental

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:11 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
I appreciate that, it was a tongue and cheek comment

However, it does go to show that people shouldn't hang the lad out to dry after a poor game. After the Wolves game he was wrote off, whereas if we're being realistic, he's extremely raw, but does show a lot of potential. Give the kid time before slating him (not aimed at you Terry, just a general comment).
Great goals. He's at least a couple of years younger in terms of football coaching and development than his actual age and he is only 20, so we'll see how he is in a year or two. He did cost a fair bit of money though on the other hand.

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:14 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Good tap in tbh.

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:15 PM
dunk

Was that a cross?

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Sloppy

That bebe goal was quality.

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

hope Bebe is back in the squad on Saturday

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Great goals. He's at least a couple of years younger in terms of football coaching and development than his actual age and he is only 20, so we'll see how he is in a year or two. He did cost a fair bit of money though on the other hand.
I'm not so sure about that, from elsewhere, the latest accounts indicated that Hernandez and Bebe cost an initial £8.2m. And I can't see that it was the Bebster that was the dearest of the two.

But I agree with you, he's definitely a couple of years behind where he should be.

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

add the money up united £#%&!ing wasted in the summer and they could have signed a decent player for that

smalling, hernandez and bebe ffs

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Love the homeless hate Glazer

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
add the money up united £#%&!ing wasted in the summer and they could have signed a decent player for that

smalling, hernandez and bebe ffs
Could've had VDV for the same price as Bebe ffs...

...or not.

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:44 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that, from elsewhere, the latest accounts indicated that Hernandez and Bebe cost an initial £8.2m. And I can't see that it was the Bebster that was the dearest of the two.

But I agree with you, he's definitely a couple of years behind where he should be.
I thought that initially too but on further inspection it looks like it was a net £8.2m after the transfers of Tosic, Cathcart and Possebon were taken into account.

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Could've had VDV for the same price as Bebe
yeah, if only

Unread 18-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Coracao

This shit has been done to death.
Closed Thread