United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:15 AM
The Watcher

His barnet is £#%&!ing shocking tbh, needs to sort that shit out.

Very good keeper already, potentially great. Hopefully we’ll leave him at Atleti for the rest of the season, don’t think spending half a season on the United bench will do him any good at all.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
His barnet is £#%&!ing shocking tbh, needs to sort that shit out.

Very good keeper already, potentially great. Hopefully we’ll leave him at Atleti for the rest of the season, don’t think spending half a season on the United bench will do him any good at all.
Maybe not, but it would certainly integrate him into the club with very little pressure, learn a little from VDS & get the odd appearance in? I'm sure he's good enough to just rock up in the summer & take it by the balls but you can mitigate a little of the risk (cultural rather than footballing).

I'd just be delighted if he joined!

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Maybe not, but it would certainly integrate him into the club with very little pressure, learn a little from VDS & get the odd appearance in? I'm sure he's good enough to just rock up in the summer & take it by the balls but you can mitigate a little of the risk (cultural rather than footballing).

you big gay bear

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:24 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Any god in nets?
Cristiano thinks so.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

you big gay bear
I was well aware of just how good with colours that post was tbf :bi:

I'm a smidge hungover, I get emotional about signings in the morning, OK...

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:27 AM
safingtons

Manchester United eye David De Gea to succeed Edwin van der Sar
James Ducker
Last updated November 17 2010 10:38PM

Manchester United are on the verge of agreeing a deal to sign David De Gea, the Spain Under-21 goalkeeper, from Atlético Madrid in January.

Talks are at an advanced stage after several weeks of negotiations, with United expected to pay a fee in the region of £15 million for the 20-year-old. It was unclear last night whether De Gea would join United in January or see out the season at Atlético before formally completing a move to Old Trafford in the summer.

With Edwin van der Sar, who turned 40 last month, expected to retire at the end of the season, Sir Alex Ferguson has made it a priority to find a long-term successor to the former Holland goalkeeper and, after a long and extensive search, the manager identified De Gea as his first-choice target.

Tomasz Kuszczak seems unlikely to remain at Old Trafford beyond the summer, so United could make a move for a second goalkeeper and retain a firm interest in Anders Lindegaard. The 6ft 4in Denmark player, 26, plies his trade with Aalesund in Norway and has already drawn comparisons to his compatriot, Peter Schmeichel, the former United goalkeeper.

An imposing figure at almost 6ft 4in, De Gea was part of the Atlético team who defeated Fulham 2-1 in the Europa League final in May and, three months later, he saved a penalty from Diego Milito, the Argentina striker, to help the Spanish side to win the European Super Cup against Inter Milan.

De Gea, who is contracted until June 2013 at Atlético, rejected the chance to join Wigan Athletic last year.

Ferguson’s desire to sign De Gea was such that the United manager missed United’s Carling Cup third-round tie away to Scunthorpe United in September to run the rule over him with Eric Steele, the club’s goalkeeping coach, during a Spanish league game between Atlético and Valencia.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:28 AM
dunk

I'll believe it when he's dropping a %@#$&! at OT in a important CL game for United tbh.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:29 AM
safingtons

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:36 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

I think he’ll learn more playing every week for his club, then sitting on the bench watching VDS. If anything, I think that’d add more pressure on him. Didn’t do that @#%&! Foster much good either. The culture/language bit is a fair point, I’d imagine if this is sorted in January, he’ll start having English lessons while still in Spain (assuming he doesn’t know the lingo). But yea, I just hope he turns up!

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:36 AM
dunk

Saf goes into overdrive whenever there is a transfer mooted, especially when the prospective signing is from the Iberian Peninsula

Turbo posting video's, pictures, interviews, changing his avatar It's like he's 7 and he's worked out what his Christmas present is.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:37 AM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Saf goes into overdrive whenever there is a transfer mooted, especially when the prospective signing is from the Iberian Peninsula
Who started this thread?

That's right, a young Irish lad by the name of Shadowplay.

Suggest you stick to hyping up your mate Balotelli, nft.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:38 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
how can you not have seen the transfer %@#$&!s thread?

I'm partially blind.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:41 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'll believe it when he's dropping a %@#$&! at OT in a important CL game for United tbh.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Ginners

would be a good signing, shame we cant make more like it

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Cristiano thinks so.

Looks a bit, erm, light on his loafers in that pic.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:45 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Value

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Who started this thread?

That's right, a young Irish lad by the name of Shadowplay.

Suggest you stick to hyping up your mate Balotelli, nft.
Yep, but you've posted the same article in this thread and the transfer one, and I've seen at least 1 video that you have posted. I can't see sig's and avatar's, as I have them turned off, but I bet yours is de Gea by now

Balotelli is dead to me (until he leaves the Berties)

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
would be a good signing, shame we cant make more like it
We got Smalling. He's young and tall.

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Ginners

Quote:
yup, that looks like a good signing. just need a few more in the midfield areas

Unread 18-11-2010, 10:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Bebe is young and tall too, so is Obertan.

I'm noticing a theme...

Oh, wait, Hernandez is young, but certainly not tall.
Closed Thread