United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-11-2010, 06:45 PM
safingtons

Default Re: Fergie in Doha

He's chatting with Zidane in the stands at the Brazil Argentina game.

Unread 17-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
cheeky bid?

Unread 17-11-2010, 06:55 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Hope Fergie rubs it in that we got Bebe and they didn't.

Unread 17-11-2010, 07:54 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Gary Neville wrote in his Malta Times article (yes, it does exist) that when Rooney stated he was going to stay "The main thing is that after a difficult week the best outcome was reached for all parties, except perhaps Manchester City."

So I'm pretty sure he was approached, & for a short while even considered it because of what that @#%&!apotomus Stretford said to him. Fergie sorted him. The end.
Didn't the journo who does ghost writer for Nev in that column get pulled for adding the "except City" bit in himself.

Unread 17-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Sandman

Unread 17-11-2010, 08:12 PM
safingtons

Who are those guys around SAF? The people SSG2 was on about earlier?

Just to show you how much money the qatari royal family have: they bought Harrods from Al Fayed for £1.5bn just for the fun of it. They would easily afford £1bn for United, the most profitable club in the world wouldnt need anything else from them, though i'm sure they'd give SAF money to get Messi, Ronnie back etc if he wants.

Unread 17-11-2010, 08:16 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Update on my Qatar speculation I've been muttering about for a year or so.

Lots of speculation out there that the Qatari Royal Family are in talks to buy the club. As i've said before the people telling me this have no interest in football or wums
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Drop in the ocean for them, would build there profile for 2022 and the place £#%&!ing loves united are the key points i've been told.
They also want to out do the Sheik and show some muscle....
I'm nearly shooting my load tbh wet wipes.

Unread 17-11-2010, 08:19 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm nearly shooting my load tbh wet wipes.
TBH, not really arsed whether its a 'normal owner' or the qataris. We make shitloads of money and will have more than enough for transfers. The qataris wouldn't be too useful under SAF imo, you just can't see him spending £150m on a Messi can you? That would be the only benefit of having the arabs, we don't need a sugar daddy to compete in transfer market once the debt is gone.

Unread 17-11-2010, 08:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
TBH, not really arsed whether its a 'normal owner' or the qataris. We make shitloads of money and will have more than enough for transfers. The qataris wouldn't be too useful under SAF imo, you just can't see him spending £150m on a Messi can you? That would be the only benefit of having the arabs, we don't need a sugar daddy to compete in transfer market once the debt is gone.
Exactly.

But, there's only really this kind of outfit with the cash to clear the debt. Yeah, it'd be great being run by the fans and all the other idealistic ways, but which genuine United fan would care as long as we were safe and not lobbing all our cash at a crippling debt?

Unread 17-11-2010, 08:37 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Exactly.

But, there's only really this kind of outfit with the cash to clear the debt. Yeah, it'd be great being run by the fans and all the other idealistic ways, but which genuine United fan would care as long as we were safe and not lobbing all our cash at a crippling debt?
You're right.

And you know what, lets get Messi when they take us over. He won't retire at Barca, their stars never do, they either fall out with them or they get fat.

Unread 17-11-2010, 10:13 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
i'm just hoping they're not offering him a half share in a camel

Unread 17-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
nice, like it

Unread 17-11-2010, 10:33 PM
armchair

Unread 17-11-2010, 11:15 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Who are those guys around SAF? The people SSG2 was on about earlier?

Just to show you how much money the qatari royal family have: they bought Harrods from Al Fayed for £1.5bn just for the fun of it. They would easily afford £1bn for United, the most profitable club in the world wouldnt need anything else from them, though i'm sure they'd give SAF money to get Messi, Ronnie back etc if he wants.
Got going to happen.

Unread 17-11-2010, 11:22 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Fergie in Doha

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Unread 17-11-2010, 11:38 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

This "£220m" debt is to be paid off Monday, in which nobody knows where the money is coming from. All of a sudden Fergie is backing the World Cup bid of a group who are interested in buying the club and watching a game with them.

Obviously i'd love to see the fans own the club but that boat sailed a long time ago and now we are in a shocking financial state which requires somebody willing to pay over £1billion to get us back in a position where we can compete with smaller clubs, if this happened i'd be happy only because with Fergie in charge we wouldn't have a manager who's go out and buy "named" players for the sake of it, he'd build the club the right way within the clubs traditions.

Aint going to happen though

Unread 17-11-2010, 11:50 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Fergie in Doha

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
This "£220m" debt is to be paid off Monday, in which nobody knows where the money is coming from. All of a sudden Fergie is backing the World Cup bid of a group who are interested in buying the club and watching a game with them.
You called Rooney re-signing when it looked like he was off, so I have faith in your foresight

Unread 17-11-2010, 11:53 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
You called Rooney re-signing when it looked like he was off, so I have faith in your foresight
Also the rumours that the club are going to buy "big next summer"

It wouldn't suprise me to see the club changing hands and the "loan repayment" is the start.

Unread 17-11-2010, 11:56 PM
dunk

Quote:

It wouldn't suprise me to see the club changing hands and the "loan repayment" is the start.
£#%&! off, a glimmer of hope just flickered

Despair I can live with, it's the hope I can't stand

Unread 17-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:

I'll have messi to replace giggs, fabregas to replace scholes, Casillas for van Der Sar, and dani Alves for Neville. Oh and Jay bothroyd, obviously.
Closed Thread