United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:01 AM
marlo

Default football is slowing moving back to the days of free and flowing football

and some people are moaning...

'oh poor defending'
'poor keepers'

do people want to go back to the days of liverpool and and chelsea '0-0's'

i think its good that teams are now having a go. goals galore and good football.

i take that over the phase of 1 goal a game that we had a few seasons ago.

confirmed.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:05 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
and some people are moaning...

'oh poor defending'
'poor keepers'

do people want to go back to the days of liverpool and and chelsea '0-0's'

i think its good that teams are now having a go. goals galore and good football.

i take that over the phase of 1 goal a game that we had a few seasons ago.

confirmed.
very astute observations Marlo

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:07 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
thanks.

i do know my football.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
astute in his differentiation between mistakes/poor play and flair football?

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:09 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
astute in his differentiation between mistakes/poor play and flair football?
this 'mistake' %@#$&!s keeps cropping up.

and tbh its a brilliant way to pick out people who dont know much about football but try to portray themselves as sage's of the sport.

how many goals arent scored as a result of a defensive 'mistake' ?

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:11 AM
jaffo

Quote:

and tbh its a brilliant way to pick out people who dont know much about football but try to portray themselves as sage's of the sport.

About 43?

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

how many are stopped by good defending?

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Ginners

Quote:

billy goes to games therefore he is always right, dont argue with him marlo.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:14 AM
marlo

Quote:
how many are stopped by good defending?
cant you answer the question billy?

people have been churning out %@#$&!s about our game at ot with liverpool and how all their goals came from 'mistakes'

how else are goals meant to be scored. if a chance is taken, its clinical football. simple as that.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
cant you answer the question billy?

people have been churning out %@#$&!s about our game at ot with liverpool and how all their goals came from 'mistakes'

how else are goals meant to be scored. if a chance is taken, its clinical football. simple as that.
the best teams make the least amount of mistakes, they have better players who make less mistakes

shit defending isn't the same as free flowing flair football

if you can't see the difference between brilliance and vidic making a complete £#%&!ing #@&%! up to let Torres in then there is little hope

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:22 AM
marlo

Quote:
the best teams make the least amount of mistakes, they have better players who make less mistakes

shit defending isn't the same as free flowing flair football

if you can't see the difference between brilliance and vidic making a complete £#%&!ing #@&%! up to let Torres in then there is little hope
what about torres' brilliance in chasing down the ball, forcing the error and his clinical finishing from the half chance?

vidic scores a header...what about the poor marking on the corner or the defender who made a mistake and let vidic get away from him?

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
what about torres' brilliance in chasing down the ball, forcing the error and his clinical finishing from the half chance?

vidic scores a header...what about the poor marking on the corner or the defender who made a mistake and let vidic get away from him?
well exactly

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:38 AM
marlo

Quote:
well exactly
dodging the issue you raised and about to run and hide eh billy?

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:40 AM
J_RED

Some people even go on Forums relating to the team they are supposed to support, and moan about poor performances from Individuals even though that club is top of its domestic league and has a fighting chance to win every single trophy well into April. You are right Marlo Football fans have changed

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
Some people even go on Forums relating to the team they are supposed to support, and moan about poor performances from Individuals even though that club is top of its domestic league and has a fighting chance to win every single trophy well into April. You are right Marlo Football fans have changed

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
dodging the issue you raised and about to run and hide eh billy?
erm no

i don't care how well Torres chased it down it was a complete and utter £#%&! up by Vidic

Players will always make mistakes but it is not a water tight argument for a new dawn of flair football

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
erm no

i don't care how well Torres chased it down it was a complete and utter £#%&! up by Vidic

Players will always make mistakes but it is not a water tight argument for a new dawn of flair football
i believe the new dawn of which marlo speaks is still in its infancy. only came into being at 7:45 last night.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Very true..

Indeed , it was Helenio Herrera the architect of Catenaccio who said that the perfect game would end 0-0 as that'd mean there were no mistakes.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Smeggs

new era, new dawn.

really can't see it tbh. chelsea's defending in the first half was some of the most nervous and comical i have ever seen and i don' tthink the murderers actually played that well. i'm sure when i read the papers it'll tell me different though.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:47 AM
marlo

Quote:
erm no

stating the obvious billy?

there is a saying.
'you dont have to to go to football matches to know your football'

you should be in there as an (e.g)
Closed Thread