United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 09-02-2010, 06:24 PM
My Name is Keith

Default Re: Official statement on G & G from FC United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I think you'll find it's slightly more than one tbh

I'm sure you're right but like a moth to the flame, you flapped your dusty embittered wings towards my gently flickering thread which was silently waiting here just for you.

Unread 09-02-2010, 06:24 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
s

i was of the same opinion as jack when FC was first set up. i thought it was a vehicle to further the protest rather than an end in itself, which has really only served to divide the protesters. the glazers must have been delighted that the most militant voices marginalised themselves and concentrated on doing their own thing - divide and conquer.
Whitcha

Unread 09-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

I'm sure you're right but like a moth to the flame, you flapped your dusty embittered wings towards my gently flickering thread which was silently waiting here just for you.
Another interesting glimpse into your reality to be sure.

I was on this thread some time before you, of course.

Credit where it's due though, I'm sure you know full well I'm right.

Unread 09-02-2010, 10:00 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
I'm with Duckers on this one.

Will the fans come back once Glazer is gone? I can't see it.
It's a good point Redders with probably many diferent personal answers.

Thing is though...and I'm not talking about you but your quote highlights my point...I get shit from Reds who say Ive 'left' and would I 'come back' and not one of the £#%&!ers goes to the match. If I'd stopped going to the match but hadn't gone to watch FC would my boycott be more noble?

If the club ends up being owned by people who wernt raping it for their own ends then I would go back. to watch some games...and probably still go and watch FC as well.

There's some good posters on this thread making some good points and just coz we dont agree dosnt make it a problem.

Unread 10-02-2010, 10:50 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
It's a good point Redders with probably many diferent personal answers.

Thing is though...and I'm not talking about you but your quote highlights my point...I get shit from Reds who say Ive 'left' and would I 'come back' and not one of the £#%&!ers goes to the match. If I'd stopped going to the match but hadn't gone to watch FC would my boycott be more noble?

If the club ends up being owned by people who wernt raping it for their own ends then I would go back. to watch some games...and probably still go and watch FC as well.

There's some good posters on this thread making some good points and just coz we dont agree dosnt make it a problem.
im not saying this is the case, but it seems with pronouncements such as the above that some FCers have left themselves open to allegations of committing the most heinous of footballl crimes namely switching teams.

Unread 10-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Sandman

Liverpool were formed as a breakaway club from Everton weren't they?

Unread 10-02-2010, 12:13 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
im not saying this is the case, but it seems with pronouncements such as the above that some FCers have left themselves open to allegations of committing the most heinous of footballl crimes namely switching teams.
the 2 are not mutually exclusive
every fc fan i know still supports united and always will

Unread 10-02-2010, 12:52 PM
redloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Liverpool were formed as a breakaway club from Everton weren't they?
IIRC the landlord at Anfield tried to hike Everton's rent, so they pissed off to L5. He recruited a load of new players and started a new club on that site and Liverpool was born. Unfortunately.

Unread 10-02-2010, 03:46 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
'Switching teams'. Hmmm. I havnt swapped one for aother in my heart however I have withdrawn my funding from United so interpret it as you will.

In my mind the two clubs are inextricably linked anyway and it's only my mind I'm bothered about.