United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:00 PM
dunk

Default At least the players understand how it works...

Even if certain fans quite often don't.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...832136,00.html

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:05 PM
wiganste

I really hope he proves me wrong & turns it around for us because he has bags of talent and his potential is there. Maybe the signing of Tosic is the kick up the arse that he needs.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:05 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

He was in "last chance saloon" on tuesday night!!

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Not with anyone with a modicum of intelligence he wasn't.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:09 PM
marlo

'nani is crap. that tosic looks good because of his bow legged walk. nani is toast now'

signed.

top red aka 'sound lad'

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Now he's at the Inn of Possible Redemption.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Baron

signed for £19m.

£#%&! off was he! How can they get away with putting it there in black & white? %@#$&!s journalism for a change.

Nani is a throbbing purple headed womb ferret, but he's got bags of talent, he just needs to play & get %@#$&!ed a bit. At least he's capable of making the right noises rather than throwing the toys out of the pram. Fair play for that.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:16 PM
marlo

i hope ronaldo isnt leaving soon as it will also have a negetive effect on nani.

i personally dont know why we went out and spent 16m on tosic.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
signed for £19m.

£#%&! off was he! How can they get away with putting it there in black & white? %@#$&!s journalism for a change.
exactly, people expect a lot from him because of these silly prices quoted, it was more like £8m and £5m based on sucsess

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

[quote=hollowman;1343084]i hope ronaldo isnt leaving soon as it will also have a negetive effect on nani.

i personally dont know why we went out and spent 16m on tosic.[/QUOTE]

I think that valuation was set by us paying £27 million for Nani.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
i hope ronaldo isnt leaving soon as it will also have a negetive effect on nani.

i personally dont know why we went out and spent 16m on tosic.
Ronaldo won't be leaving in the near future.

We haven't spent £16m on Tosic, we have bought Tosic and Ljajic for £4-5m each with add ons that could reach £16m for the pair.

For a trainee accountant, you do struggle with monetary matters.

We had 3 wingers, all capable of different things, none of which are left footed, we signed a left footed winger.

Ryan Giggs may well retire in the summer.

All makes perfect sense to me.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:25 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ronaldo won't be leaving in the near future.

We haven't spent £16m on Tosic, we have bought Tosic and Ljajic for £4-5m each with add ons that could reach £16m for the pair.

For a trainee accountant, you do struggle with monetary matters.

We had 3 wingers, all capable of different things, none of which are left footed, we signed a left footed winger.

Ryan Giggs may well retire in the summer.

All makes perfect sense to me.
can you substantiate this with a link to a credible website with what you have said broken down clearly.

if not its just a reasonable guess based on figures placed in the media like mine.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
can you substantiate this with a link to a credible website with what you have said broken down clearly.

if not its just a reasonable guess based on figures placed in the media like mine.
Giving £16 million up front for a 25 year old winger who has never done anything shows the utter ineptitude of everyone assocoiated with out club.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:27 PM
koppas

Can you prove that we have paid £16m for Tosic?

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
£17 million in fact.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...em-Ljajic.html

Manchester United sign Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic
Premier League champions Manchester United have completed the signings of Serbian footballers Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic from Partizan Belgrade.

By Telegraph staff
Last Updated: 3:03PM GMT 02 Jan 2009

Previous1 of 2 ImagesNext New boys: Serbians Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic have joined Manchester United from Partizan Belgrade Photo: AP
Flagging up the talent: Sir Alex Ferguson with his Serbian contingent of (l to r) Adam Ljajic, Nemanja Vidic, club scout Budimir Vujacic and Zoran Tosic Photo: GETTY IMAGES
Tosic and Ljajic – both attacking midfielders – are United's first signings of the January transfer window.

The club released a statement saying: "United is pleased to announce it has reached an agreement with Partizan Belgrade and the players for Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic to join the club.

Tosic, 21, will sign with immediate effect and wear the No 14 shirt, while an agreement is in place for 17-year-old Ljajic to remain with Partizan for the rest of 2009."

Having personally pleaded for the 21-year-old Tosic's work permit at a hearing in November, manager Sir Alex Ferguson had been frustrated that the move was being held up by the Serbia winger's pay demands and number of agents involved in the deal.

There had been fears that Premier League rivals could hijack the move, but the acquisition was completed within 24 hours of the transfer window opening Thursday.

Tosic, who has made 12 international appearances since his debut against Finland in 2007, including at the Beijing Olympics, will join immediately as United looks to close the seven-point gap on Premier League leaders Liverpool with two games in hand.

Ljajic has made just 10 league appearances for Partizan Belgrade since his debut in July, although he underwent a trial at Old Trafford in October when the Serbian club's general manager confirmed Manchester United had been in contact "for some time now".

The 17-year-old right-sided midfielder has been nicknamed "Little Kaka" after impressing in Champions League qualifiers for Partizan Belgrade.

It has been suggested United could end up paying around £17 million for the duo, although that figure is likely to be based heavily on future success and the club have refused to comment on the size of an initial payment.

So there you go. £17 million for an unknown Serb winger.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:30 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
can you prove we didnt hakan?

mine is a estimate based on amounts ive seen in the press.

ranging from £10m to £20m

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
can you prove we didnt hakan?

mine is a estimate based on amounts ive seen in the press.

ranging from £10m to £20m
I think it likely we paid £20 million up front on the basis of this, a shocking amount.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:32 PM
dunk

As I recall, I am far to lazy to go looking for the links, but we signed both players, Tosic and Ljajic, for a fee that could eventually reach £16m.

Now, of the two, Ljajic is supposedly the more highly rated and certainly the most sought after.

Now, to anyone even remotely intelligent, that does not equate to £16m for Tosic.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
As I recall, I am far to lazy to go looking for the links, but we signed both players, Tosic and Ljajic, for a fee that could eventually reach £16m.

Now, of the two, Ljajic is supposedly the more highly rated and certainly the most sought after.

Now, to anyone even remotely intelligent, that does not equate to £16m for Tosic.
Exactly!

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:36 PM
dunk

It would be money well spent if Tosic was South American, or Black, even better if he was both and a Top Boy to boot.
Closed Thread