United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:01 PM
TheKitchenSink

Not a great performance, but against teams like Bournemouth shit performances are still enough to win (and not even concede a goal). 5 wins out of 6 now in the league though, so...

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:02 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Utter shite - a shocking response. They need to snap out of this lull quickly or we’ll just fall off a cliff. Perhaps we have already.

Utter £#%&!ing poo.
What cliff? We are in quite good form results wise. Awful performance but the result is all that matters on nights like this. What has happened to our fanbase that they expect champagne football and 4-0s every week?(not saying you demand this btw)

And looking at our fixtures we will likely keep winning. Spurs have to get something this weekend to breathe life into the title race tho.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
No. We need to win. We are on course for 90 pts, the only issue is a freak of a season from city who usually have 2 or 3 bad runs in them. If we keep going they might a stumbling block eventually but that gap might save them now.

Football is about winning. We play good stuff generally anyway. This myth about beautiful football since the spain and barca nonsense is one of the worst things about modern football.
Yeah, no-one was bothered about exciting football in the good old days. Bloody modern 'footy' fans and their obsession with 'excitement' and 'skill'.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
No. We need to win. We are on course for 90 pts, the only issue is a freak of a season from city who usually have 2 or 3 bad runs in them. If we keep going they might a stumbling block eventually but that gap might save them now.

Football is about winning. We play good stuff generally anyway. This myth about beautiful football since the spain and barca nonsense is one of the worst things about modern football.
Football is about what ever you want it to be as a fan. If this is what you are happy with then I am pleased for you, but you need to accept that others want and expect more. If City did not exist and Utd were top of the league there would still be disquiet with the style of play, see that spell when LVG had Utd top, most knew it was a false representation.

How can Bournmouth look a better coached and more cohesive team than Utd. You see patterns of play and structure to their attacking play. Their individual talent level is so much lower but they look like a team rather than a collection of individuals. That is on Mou.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Nobody's asking for champagne football, Saffers.

Buck's fizz football would be nice. We completely stopped playing there in the last 20 mins AGAIN. We do it every £#%&!ing game now. Aside from one Rashford pot shot from 20 yards out we were non existent as an attacking threat in the 2nd half. At home. To bournemouth.

I wouldn't accept that under van gaal and I won't accept it now.

Lose to the billionaire arab plaything by the odd goal - whatever, it happens. But not playing football at home to shite like that? No, i'm sorry. Not on.

Those £#%&!ing @#%&!s owed the fans a performance and yet again it was beyond them to do anything but scrape home.

Not good enough.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:06 PM
AK14

Wednesday night in shit weather after a derby defeat..

Not sure what people expected? We'd obviously be a little flat, but we picked up the three points which is all that matters in games like this under those circumstances

We've also played some very good football of the course of the season and we're still very much a work in progress.

Again tonight there was only two Mourinho signings in the starting line up, it takes time to get where we want to be.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Buck

Quote:

You don't lift the trophies pal.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Zorg

Would accept dandelion & burdock football at this point tbh.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:09 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Football is about what ever you want it to be as a fan. If this is what you are happy with then I am pleased for you, but you need to accept that others want and expect more. If City did not exist and Utd were top of the league there would still be disquiet with the style of play, see that spell when LVG had Utd top, most knew it was a false representation.

How can Bournmouth look a better coached and more cohesive team than Utd. You see patterns of play and structure to their attacking play. Their individual talent level is so much lower but they look like a team rather than a collection of individuals. That is on Mou.
Bournemouth better coached and more cohesive than United.

Must be why we are 2nd place and they will be lucky to avoid relegation.

Like at Real Madrid, you'll only truly appreciate what Mourinho has done for the club once he leaves. Nothing more to be said.

The same vultures who were talking about sacking him last year are around like wolves whenever there is a bit of a grind of a match going on.

Pointless discussing when you will get attacked simply for not being anti united and anti mou. Whatever lads, you just keep hoping for us to drop points to score your forum points.

Utd on course for 90 pts btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I'd lift you though, and throw you out the window from the 20th floor of a building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Nobody's asking for champagne football, Saffers.

Buck's fizz football would be nice. We completely stopped playing there in the last 20 mins AGAIN. We do it every £#%&!ing game now. Aside from one Rashford pot shot from 20 yards out we were non existent as an attacking threat in the 2nd half. At home. To bournemouth.

I wouldn't accept that under van gaal and I won't accept it now.

Lose to the billionaire arab plaything by the odd goal - whatever, it happens. But not playing football at home to shite like that? No, i'm sorry. Not on.

Those £#%&!ing @#%&!s owed the fans a performance and yet again it was beyond them to do anything but scrape home.

Not good enough.
We do not play like this every game, relax.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Would accept dandelion & burdock football at this point tbh.

Not the best week in the club's life. But we got away unscathed tonight.

Who's next game?

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:13 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Not the best week in the club's life. But we got away unscathed tonight.

Who's next game?
West Brom away.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wednesday night in shit weather after a derby defeat..

Not sure what people expected? We'd obviously be a little flat, but we picked up the three points which is all that matters in games like this under those circumstances

We've also played some very good football of the course of the season and we're still very much a work in progress.

Again tonight there was only two Mourinho signings in the starting line up, it takes time to get where we want to be.
There'd be three if he hadn't frozen one of them out.

I'm not surprised by that performance so I'm not as pissed off by it. I'm still not over Sunday so I doubt the players are...... but I'm a fan, I'm allowed to be. They looked like they were sulking from Sunday out there.

As Sparky says, we yet again end up switching off. Completely. No pattern of play. Just hoping we defend well. And hoping we see it out. To Bournemouth. If they had snatched a point, we would have had no room for complaint.

And then imagine the £#%&!ing mood around the place.

How quickly our confidence evaporates. We went in to that city game full of it after a great week. 3 days later and we look completely flat again.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:16 PM
saffers

If you want entertainment then you can go to the theatre, a comedy show or watch a movie at the pictures.

United is about winning and winning only.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:18 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
There'd be three if he hadn't frozen one of them out.

I'm not surprised by that performance so I'm not as pissed off by it. I'm still not over Sunday so I doubt the players are...... but I'm a fan, I'm allowed to be. They looked like they were sulking from Sunday out there.

As Sparky says, we yet again end up switching off. Completely. No pattern of play. Just hoping we defend well. And hoping we see it out. To Bournemouth. If they had snatched a point, we would have had no room for complaint.

And then imagine the £#%&!ing mood around the place.

How quickly our confidence evaporates. We went in to that city game full of it after a great week. 3 days later and we look completely flat again.
Did we? We sure as £#%&! didn't look like it.

Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

And then imagine the f***ing mood around the place.
To be fair, they know the title is gone after the derby. It's quite demoralizing stuff.

Quote:
We went in to that city game full of it after a great week.
Are you kidding me? Did you see the first 40 minutes against City?

LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
this - entertain me. too many meh performances TBH. yep loads of 4 goal games , loads of them 1-0 late on. not good enough in a shit league and looking at city just batter the £#%&! out of sides we struggle against.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Buck

Quote:

I'd lift you though, and throw you out the window from the 20th floor of a building.

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:21 PM
Bobda

Thumbs up

Didn't get to see tonights game. Rather than watch the highlights, I've come up with a system that tells me all I need to know about the game.

Tonight v Bournemouth - 256 posts in the thread at time of posting this, almost 10% of them were Sparky
Last Sunday v City - 797 posts in the thread, 8% Sparky
CSKA Moscow - 236 posts in the thread, just 11 Sparky less than 5%
Arsenal - 600 posts, less than 4%

The shitter the performance, the higher the post count and the seeth...

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:21 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Bournemouth had 9 shots on target at Old Trafford.

United had 2 shots on target.

Really spokes volumes.
I’d sort you £#%&!ing tires out pal

Unread 13-12-2017, 10:24 PM
jem

Quote:
If you want entertainment then you can go to the theatre, a comedy show or watch a movie at the pictures.

United is about winning and winning only.