United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-03-2024, 02:55 PM
Hans Rimmer

Ince vs Keane ffs

Keano goes down as a United legend, one of the club's best ever and an all-time great midfielder to boot.

Ince was very good, especially 93/94.

Unread 13-03-2024, 03:17 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes View Post
Being a good or great player wasn't the question though was it? That celebration when I thought we'd blown the league.
I got over that a long time ago. I don't need to 'forgive' him anything. I'm quite mature.

Unread 13-03-2024, 03:26 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Never mind Ince, doubt I’m gonna forgive whip for this.

Unread 13-03-2024, 03:27 PM
Neo

Exclamation

The whole 'putting your shirt on in the tunnel' thing was weird as £#%&!, btw.

Unread 13-03-2024, 03:29 PM
atticusgrinch

Incey, bless him, is a stuttering boss-eyed shell of a man now. But he was a fine midfielder in his day.

He's forgiven on my part.

Unread 13-03-2024, 03:29 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
The whole 'putting your shirt on in the tunnel' thing was weird as £#%&!, btw.
Anyone with superstitions huge red flag for me Clive

Will thread this to remain on topic...

Unread 13-03-2024, 03:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Incey, bless him, is a stuttering boss-eyed shell of a man now. But he was a fine midfielder in his day.

He's forgiven on my part.

Unread 13-03-2024, 03:48 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsum fantastic View Post
never mind ince, doubt i’m gonna forgive whip for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
incey, bless him, is a stuttering boss-eyed shell of a man now.

Unread 13-03-2024, 03:53 PM
goldfinger II

Brilliant player. Instrumental in those early 90s trophy wins. He was the best in England at that time. Unbelievable run of luck we had to have first Robson, then Ince and finally, Keane in our midfield. Stark contrast to what we've had in the last decade.

Difficult to overlook the Liverpool thing, especially that celebration, but I've been on the verge of forgiving him a couple of times - he had good reason to be bitter having been bombed out the way he was by Fergie. Also, the Big Time Charlie thing really wasn't necessary nor deserved for a player who had done so much for us and done so much for Fergie himself. Fergie was out of line there, IMO.

I suppose my problem is that he is bitter not just towards Fergie, but towards the whole club, and his bitterness still burns as brightly now as it did then. He never misses an opportunity to put the boot in on the club. It's not possible to forgive him because he doesn't give you a chance to forget how much he hates us. The man is 56, ffs, he should have a bit more perspective by now. It's actually quite sad that he hates the club and supporters with whom he had all the very best moments of his career.

£#%&! him, at this point, he deserves no sympathy. Big Louis is in danger of going the same way, alas.

Unread 13-03-2024, 04:07 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II View Post
Brilliant player. Instrumental in those early 90s trophy wins. He was the best in England at that time. Unbelievable run of luck we had to have first Robson, then Ince and finally, Keane in our midfield. Stark contrast to what we've had in the last decade.

Difficult to overlook the Liverpool thing, especially that celebration, but I've been on the verge of forgiving him a couple of times - he had good reason to be bitter having been bombed out the way he was by Fergie. Also, the Big Time Charlie thing really wasn't necessary nor deserved for a player who had done so much for us and done so much for Fergie himself. Fergie was out of line there, IMO.

I suppose my problem is that he is bitter not just towards Fergie, but towards the whole club, and his bitterness still burns as brightly now as it did then. He never misses an opportunity to put the boot in on the club. It's not possible to forgive him because he doesn't give you a chance to forget how much he hates us. The man is 56, ffs, he should have a bit more perspective by now. It's actually quite sad that he hates the club and supporters with whom he had all the very best moments of his career.

£#%&! him, at this point, he deserves no sympathy. Big Louis is in danger of going the same way, alas.
This. Thanks for saving me the time to write a post.

Unread 13-03-2024, 04:08 PM
Zorg

The big-time Charlie thing was obviously nonsense but didn't Fergie say it during a team talk? It was just a way of motivating his players, I very much doubt he believe it at all tbh.

Unread 13-03-2024, 04:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX View Post
This. Thanks for saving me the time to write a post.
Yeah it's absolutely spot on all that

Unread 13-03-2024, 06:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post

I didn't say he was better though did I, I said he was arguably as good as in my opinion. You've ran with it though, good for you...
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=25

Unread 13-03-2024, 06:19 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Fat lad 1-0 bald lad

Unread 13-03-2024, 06:39 PM
Coracao

Unread 13-03-2024, 06:58 PM
RedNick80

Ince-strumental in our early 90's titles, great player. Obviously a bit of a dick but he was a hero all the same to me as a kid.

Claire always seemed nice, down to earth. Not sure about Pat Sharp.

Unread 13-03-2024, 07:26 PM
est.1878

Quote:
2009!

That is a precision smart bomb rarely since since the era of the watcher

Shock and awe

Unread 13-03-2024, 07:55 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 13-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
thanks for er, finding a post from 15 years which is pretty much exactly what my opinion still is.

Even if I'd said "nah I think keane is miles better than Ince ever was" now, you do realise it's ok to change your opinion about something....?

Unread 13-03-2024, 08:10 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Apology accepted.