United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-02-2018, 08:37 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Would deffo have expected two utter top reds such as you lads to be on the same side. Surprising that Kev mugged you off tbh.
Friendly fire to be expected with so many guns going off these days.....

Unread 26-02-2018, 08:51 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Would deffo have expected two utter top reds such as you lads to be on the same side. Surprising that Kev mugged you off tbh.

Being a dick head again sniders? .. and you’ve got the neck to go around telling people to grow up when you’re stuck for a legit response. Don’t think you’ll ever be accused of being a top red, pal. Go and support QPR or some other local club worthy of your support. £#%&!er.

Unread 26-02-2018, 09:06 AM
andyroo

Bad day for Team Mou. United win and everyone's happy. They didn't see that coming.

Unread 26-02-2018, 09:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Being a dick head again sniders? .. and you’ve got the neck to go around telling people to grow up when you’re stuck for a legit response. Don’t think you’ll ever be accused of being a top red, pal. Go and support QPR or some other local club worthy of your support. £#%&!er.

Mini Kev over here.

West London btw?

Unread 26-02-2018, 09:11 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Kane is far more clinical than Lukaku im afraid.
There goals to XG ratio is actually quite similar. Spurs just create more

Unread 26-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Can we all stop being rude please.
Tell that to the Toppest Of The Tops. Pointing out facts to them is like rattling the cage of demented foaming rabid dog.

Unread 26-02-2018, 09:45 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
All three of those players in sides that create far more chances than us. And two have been established in their team for a while now.

I think the judgement is fair in terms of failing to turn up in big games and not offering enough with his back to goal, but the goals return is not befitting of a player getting the mockery from some fans that he's getting.

To listen to some, he's been considered a failure. He's going to get 30 goals for the season.

As an aside, as good as Kane is, he misses an awful lot of chances. Missed four today before he scored. Missed three against us and fluffed one penalty at Anfield.

He scores a brilliant range of goals, but he's not that clinical. He's no more clinical than Lukaku.
New to top strikers pol? The very best keep going and keep going until they get their goal(s). Van Nistelrooy was known for it; Ronaldo has always done it. For them a bad run constitutes the number of efforts it takes to get their goal, but they’re going to get that goal come hell or high water. For lesser strikers, without that single minded tenacity, a bad run becomes a drought.

Unread 26-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Even 20 would need an upturn in form as he needs 7 from the last 10 games. At current rate of scoring he'll end on 17/18 league goals, which is why I say I don't think the criticism is too harsh. Yes some will go over the top, but look at Giroud at Arsenal over recent years. Averaged around that 15 league goal mark and widely considered good, but not good enough. And that's Arsenal

Lukaku has six league goals in five months. I like the lad, but it's just not good enough. Today's improvement needs to be the start. Like you say, a turning point. I really don't think it renders the previous criticism harsh. Comes with the territory at the highest level.
That's my point though, the criticism is over the top. Some of it is warranted, but to listen to some of it you'd think he was a resounding failure.

Perhaps we're referring to different levels of criticism.

I don't disagree he should be judged by the highest of standards, but we should also consider all aspects. Of all the top sides, I would say we compromise our forwards more than any other. He had a bad spell Yes, but so do most. Kane took a while to get going. Zlatan was considered a success last season and he had a 8 game barren run.

We should at least be judging his goals return come the end of the season. Right now, he's set for a tally that would be way too high for him to be considered a failure.

99ers, yes ofcourse. Just seems that Kanes misses dont get the attention others do.

Nobody seemed to mention that his penalty at Anfield was one of the worst of all time

18 is round about 20 btw , Siders

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Mini Kev over here.

West London btw?
Keep up with the smileys mini koppas and interfere with your perpetual, tedious snides

West? North etc?... like it matters

Re: Rom, “I like the lad” etc but here come the snides and fabricated stats

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:08 AM
Shade

Quote:
That's my point though, the criticism is over the top. Some of it is warranted, but to listen to some of it you'd think he was a resounding failure.

I don't disagree he should be judged by the highest of standards, but we should also consider all aspects. Of all the top sides, I would say we compromise our forwards more than any other. He had a bad spell Yes, but so do most. Kane took a while to get going. Zlatan was considered a success last season and he had a 8 game barren run.

We should at least be judging his goals return come the end of the season. Right now, he's set for a tally that would be way too high for him to be considered a failure.

99ers, yes ofcourse. Just seems that Kanes misses dont get the attention others do.

Nobody seemed to mention that his penalty at Anfield was one of the worst of all time

Is the "not getting enough good service" thing still valid? Because that's how I see it.

I still have faith in Lukaku, he's been there and done it in the Premier League. I actually think it's the other shitc***s in the squad that are the problem - when a team plays like shit and has less ball possession than the opposition then there's not much a striker can do. It's like Lukaku has to feed on every bit of scrap he can get.

If he was playing for City he'd be scoring goals for fun.

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:10 AM
Bunker Buster

Mini Kev

Kev and Den after the game yesterday....

“Come on the reds, LMTB OG’s”

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:10 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Fair enough.

It's harsh but I think inevitable. The manic depressive analysis of football will always mean you come down on one side of the success or failure line. Okay isn't good enough at United, so he'll always get a raw deal. Plus his goalscoring form really tailed off after a great start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Keep up with the smileys mini koppas and interfere with your perpetual, tedious snides

West? North etc?... like it matters
You're dreadful at this.

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Fair enough.

It's harsh but I think inevitable. The manic depressive analysis of football will always mean you come down on one side of the success or failure line. Okay isn't good enough at United, so he'll always get a raw deal. Plus his goalscoring form really tailed off after a great start.

You're dreadful at this.

Shit snide - proper supporter

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:13 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Mini Kev

Kev and Den after the game yesterday....

“Come on the reds, LMTB OG’s”

Unfortunately Kev turned on Den in the early hours unexpectedly. Den thought they could be top reds together. He thought wrong.

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:13 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unfortunately Kev turned on Den in the early hours unexpectedly. Den thought they could be top reds together. He thought wrong.
Just catching up.....

Very fickle these luna reds.....

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Denis Irwell

Here they come: bananas in pyjamas

Shit result eh, lads?

State

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:18 AM
saffers

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Bad day for Team Mou. United win and everyone's happy. They didn't see that coming.
Bad day.

"Happy"

Cmon, we supposed to believe people like you and siders who have called our manager a @#%&! really wish him well? That's a big, hateful label. Gotta come from real anger. Rarely saw even lvg and moyes get that.....

This was you rooers when the final whistle went yesterday:

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Is the "not getting enough good service" thing still valid? Because that's how I see it.

I still have faith in Lukaku, he's been there and done it in the Premier League. I actually think it's the other shitc***s in the squad that are the problem - when a team plays like shit and has less ball possession than the opposition then there's not much a striker can do. It's like Lukaku has to feed on every bit of scrap he can get.

If he was playing for City he'd be scoring goals for fun.
I wouldn't say he isn't getting service. It's broader than that. The three players with more goals than him. Two of them (Kane, Aguero) are established in their sides. Their sides has a way of playing that is successful and they create more chances overall. Aguero has been combining successfully with Silva for years. Kane with Ali and Eriksen for two or three now. They know their role, playing in cohesive sides.

Salah, as much as it pains me to say, has been a revelation. But again, his side plays to his strengths, with confidence and he's the right fit for them.

Lukaku is in his first season, coming in to a side with no identity and negative set up away from home. We've spoken a few times about how he needs balls down the sides and space to run in to. Those are his strengths. His strengths are not with his back to goal (he needs to improve that) yet we play up to him that way a lot away from home.

When we played better, he scored goals.

Ofcourse he's missed some and some of the criticism of his all round game is perfectly valid and fair, but I'd wager he'd score more in any of the other three teams mentioned and the other three players would all score fewer in ours.

He has a chance now to put the dodgy winter behind him too. The last few weeks have produced his best performances. If he can continue that and his recent goals return, he can turn this season in to one that it would be hard to argue against being a success.

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:21 AM
Zorg

Come on guys

Unread 26-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Come on guys

Rik: Saffers
Neil: Dunk
Vyvyan: Earsy
Mike: Bunks