United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-03-2018, 12:01 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Zillions

Average working class area. Not a shithole.

Mate comes from Wenty, next door. Same.
I used to live in Wenty

It went upmarket when I left

Unread 06-03-2018, 12:06 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I used to live in Wenty

It went upmarket when I left

Cultural desert but not that bad. Thought you were Vic?

Unread 06-03-2018, 12:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Cultural desert but not that bad. Thought you were Vic?
Bit of both, we moved a lot. Born in western Sydney but lived six formative years in Bendigo. Before moving to Wenty...

Unread 06-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Bit of both, we moved a lot. Born in western Sydney but lived six formative years in Bendigo. Before moving to Wenty...

... Offloaded the gold and jumped ship ?

Unread 06-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Sanchez was frustrated with his team mates, which I'm fine with. Pogba was just being a f***ing dick tbh
He should be frustrated with himself because he was shit .

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:31 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He should be frustrated with himself because he was shit .
improved second half and was always trying to go forward....no way can McTomnothing start ahead of him on Saturday

I'd go with a midfield of Carrick Matic Pogba Mata with Sanchez up top just behind Lukaku (if he's fit)

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*** KFC
improved second half and was always trying to go forward....no way can McTomnothing start ahead of him on Saturday

I'd go with a midfield of Carrick Matic Pogba Mata with Sanchez up top just behind Lukaku (if he's fit)
Not sure you can chuck Carrick into this scale of a match given how little he has played. The aggressive press that Liverpool employ might retire him, not exactly the most mobile midfield with Carrick, Matic and Pogba.

The Scottish Player was shit last night but his role at the moment is just to be the legs of the team and do the defensive work that Pogba can or will not take on. Pogba started so execrably it forced the kid into trying more and exposed his limitations. Get a switched on Pogba for Liverpool and we might still see The Scottish Player.

Unread 06-03-2018, 04:50 PM
dunk

Think McTomminay has to play tbh. Matic is £#%&!ing shite when McTommers isn't there...

Probably should've £#%&!ed the time and money wasted on Sanchez on finding a CM or 2

Unread 06-03-2018, 05:02 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Not sure you can chuck Carrick into this scale of a match given how little he has played. The aggressive press that Liverpool employ might retire him, not exactly the most mobile midfield with Carrick, Matic and Pogba.

The Scottish Player was shit last night but his role at the moment is just to be the legs of the team and do the defensive work that Pogba can or will not take on. Pogba started so execrably it forced the kid into trying more and exposed his limitations. Get a switched on Pogba for Liverpool and we might still see The Scottish Player.
Carrick's experience would be a big help on either saturday or the Sevilla game, I expect he will start one of them and I think it will be Saturday although he may try and get The Scottish Player to do a man marking job on Salah

I'm more worried about our defence tbh could really do with Bailly starting but can't see it sadly, Lindelof was awful last night and Smalling for their second goal...Young was shit and Shaw not much better but I'd start Shaw on Saturday as we need pace somewhere in the defence ffs

Unread 06-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*** KFC
Carrick's experience would be a big help on either saturday or the Sevilla game, I expect he will start one of them and I think it will be Saturday although he may try and get The Scottish Player to do a man marking job on Salah

I'm more worried about our defence tbh could really do with Bailly starting but can't see it sadly, Lindelof was awful last night and Smalling for their second goal...Young was shit and Shaw not much better but I'd start Shaw on Saturday as we need pace somewhere in the defence ffs
I think Bailly has to come in. People get on Smalling, sometimes fairly, sometimes excessively but he is still a far superior defender to Lindelof. Different challenge against Liverpool but I don't fancy Lindelof having to come out to the left when our full back inevitably wanders out of position. Salah would be delighted to get that isolation on VL.

That second goal was amateurish, 3/4 players all switched off. Matic should be stopping the kick, Valencia lets the runner go and Smalling is vainly appealing for offside, ridiculous goal to concede at this level.

Unread 06-03-2018, 05:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I think Bailly has to come in
If he is ever £#%&!ing fit, that is

Unread 06-03-2018, 05:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
I think Bailly has to come in. People get on Smalling, sometimes fairly, sometimes excessively but he is still a far superior defender to Lindelof. Different challenge against Liverpool but I don't fancy Lindelof having to come out to the left when our full back inevitably wanders out of position. Salah would be delighted to get that isolation on VL.

That second goal was amateurish, 3/4 players all switched off. Matic should be stopping the kick, Valencia lets the runner go and Smalling is vainly appealing for offside, ridiculous goal to concede at this level.
agreed with all of that defo wouldn't start Lindelof on saturday just hope Bailly or Rojo make it out of their coffins in time ffs

Unread 06-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Switching Off

Imagine the boiled piss if all 3 of them started. Hasn't Bailly played defensive mid for Villareal?

Sunday Supplement will be great if we park the bus and win 1-0.

Unread 06-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Then again within seconds of equalising we turned into custard again and almost let them walk in and score, but for some Dave heroics

I'm not quite sure what's more reflective of our mindset, the comeback or that it was needed. But I'm delighted. Too long since we had a last minute winner let along a banger like that. Top stuff

Lack of tempo at the beginning of games is a big factor. Arsenal away stood out because we took the game to them, but home and away we've had too many games when they aren't switched on (Spurs away) and they struggle to raise their level.

Suspect Mou will be concerned that we'll be outgunned Saturday and we'll get another sluggish, cautious start. Still think we'll get a result though.

Unread 06-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I don't know why he doesn't play Sanchez on the right. Would be a lot better balanced in attack imo.
Be better balanced with Lukaku right rather than Alexis. Lukaku's best link up play has been when coming in from the right & Alexis has always been better coming in from the left.

Unread 06-03-2018, 07:32 PM
Billy Redface

We've barely seen Carrick or Bailly since fit. Can't see why Saturday will be the time.

It'll be the same back four again. We just have to hope for the best.