United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Rossi the Red

Question I reckon Carrick is gonna take on a defensive role and be told to mark Totti tomorrow

The way Totti plays in the hole, having Wes or Rio mark him will leave us exposed. I think that if we have Carrick marking him/sitting back, this will help us deal with Totti.

What do you reckon?

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:08 PM
MUFC One Love

Something will be put in place as usual in Europe which restricts us and results in us playing slow football with no creativity, leading to a 1-0 defeat or a snatched goal or a penalty for a 1-1 for us.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Jack Duckworth

we will lose 2-0 tomorrow and have 2 shots on goal all game.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:12 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
The way Totti plays in the hole, having Wes or Rio mark him will leave us exposed. I think that if we have Carrick marking him/sitting back, this will help us deal with Totti.

What do you reckon?
No, the man-marking role on Totti will go to.......

Fletcher

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:

What do you reckon?
Totti has been playing up top on his own this year, holding it up and playing in the wide men.

Carrick will probably be asked to sit in and try to cut out any attempts of Totti to play anyone else in. If he was man-marking him, however, we'd end up with a back 5.

Full backs will be key.... John O'Shea...

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Rossi the Red

Totti has 21 goals for them!

then Mancini with 8 and Perotta with 7.

Thats a huge amount of goals from one player. If we can keep him quiet, they're £#%&! all!!

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:44 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Something will be put in place as usual in Europe which restricts us and results in us playing slow football with no creativity, leading to a 1-0 defeat or a snatched goal or a penalty for a 1-1 for us.
Ofcourse we have to play our own game. But it's naive to think we can go in without adjusting at all to compensate for the opposition.

Reality is, Totti can hurt us. We have to combat that and THEN allow our own game to flourish.
You have to account for quality opposition.

But, just because we have a game plan doesn't mean we need to compromise our own game. We just need to be disciplined and hope our football speaks for itself.

It's playing players out of position and adjusting our tempo for the sake of being 'tactical' that spoils our Euro aways and big premiership aways.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:51 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Full backs will be key.... John O'Shea...

Spot on.

Rio and Wes won't have much to do, such is the roma formation - BUT - they have to alert all game long.

Got a feeling our deputies wil be our best performers tomorrow. It's going to be a great result - I feel it in my bones.

Unread 03-04-2007, 03:58 PM
MJ Ramone

Has Evra travelled??..I doubt he'll be thrown in after a month out though.

I understand Park is injured now?? ...how the £#%&! has that happened??

I can't see Saha starting after so long out.
Not sure how we're going to line up.

I'd be surprised if we had more than 2 shots at goal though, going on recent European away form.

It really is time Ronaldo & Rooney started doing it in Europe though.
Maybe they'll finally come good tomorrow night..a goal a piece in a 2-0 win..

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:00 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Has Evra travelled??..I doubt he'll be thrown in after a month out though.

I understand Park is injured now?? ...how the £#%&! has that happened??

I can't see Saha starting after so long out.
Not sure how we're going to line up.

I'd be surprised if we had more than 2 shots at goal though, going on recent European away form.

It really is time Ronaldo & Rooney started doing it in Europe though.
Maybe they'll finally come good tomorrow night..a goal a piece in a 2-0 win..

Evra and Saha haven't travelled as far as I know.

It's all set to be a decent result MJ, you know how football works.

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:01 PM
MUFC One Love

Saha has travelled.

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Rossi the Red

I think we'll be fine. Roma fans must be thinking:

"£#%&!ing hell lads, we got man utd tomorrow, gotta contain Ronaldo, Rooney Giggs!! Not to mention to not give scholes time on the ball. Gonna be a tough one for us"

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:07 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I think we'll be fine. Roma fans must be thinking:

"£#%&!ing hell lads, we got man utd tomorrow, gotta contain Ronaldo, Rooney Giggs!! Not to mention to not give scholes time on the ball. Gonna be a tough one for us"

Or;

"Them thick @#%&!s will shit it and play 4-5-1 allowing us to pressure them for 90 minutes and probably win 1-0. Thank £#%&! for that, if they played to their strengths they could leather anybody in Europe".

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Or;

"Them thick @#%&!s will shit it and play 4-5-1 allowing us to pressure them for 90 minutes and probably win 1-0. Thank £#%&! for that, if they played to their strengths they could leather anybody in Europe".
That's the Doom version!

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:09 PM
red red robbo

There's only one man gonna cost us the game tomorrow, and he won't be wearing football boots.

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
There's only one man gonna cost us the game tomorrow, and he won't be wearing football boots.

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Or;

yeah.

hope we're both wrong mate, but i can't see us abandoning our defensive style away to an italian team in the quarter-finals of the champions league.

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
That's the Doom version!
No.

It's the reality version, I'm not a doomlord but in Europe Fergie handicaps us. Stop being deluded and realise that fact.

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:12 PM
red red robbo

Quote:

Tell me I'm wrong.

Play our normal game and leave it to the players, 2 - 1 United

£#%&! about with the tactics and play people out of position because it's a big european away game 2 - 0 Roma

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo

Tell me I'm wrong.

Play our normal game and leave it to the players, 2 - 1 United

£#%&! about with the tactics and play people out of position because it's a big european away game 2 - 0 Roma
yes you are right my friend.
Closed Thread