Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2023, 04:35 PM
andyroo

Default 21/01/2023 other football

West 'am v Everton, might see both managers sacked after this

Unread 21-01-2023, 04:53 PM
dunk

Take a bow son.

Westham 2-0 Everton, Frankie bit is looking proper £#%&!ed. As are Everton tbf.

Unread 21-01-2023, 04:53 PM
History

Another excellent example of Tory levelling up on display at the Olympic stadium no but seriously Lampard in trouble

Unread 21-01-2023, 05:51 PM
dunk

Good to see Iwobi’s rapid recovery from Malacia’s career ender

That Mitoma is £#%&!ing brilliant.

Some header from Ferguson.

Unread 21-01-2023, 05:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Some header from Ferguson.
Big fan of him.

Everton stone motherless last.

Unread 21-01-2023, 06:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Big fan of him.

Everton stone motherless last.
He looks a proper prospect.

I'll be delighted to see Everton disappear tbh.

Impressive turnaround from Villa under Emery, just goes to show how shit slippy G. was

It would be nice if Palace could show a similar desire and determination tonight, big ask after under 3 days rest.

I've a feeling that there won't be anyone in red and blue top cornering a freekick..

Unread 21-01-2023, 07:02 PM
andyroo

Griezmann the mad lesbian

Unread 21-01-2023, 07:05 PM
Sparky***

newcastle fans showing how truly two bob they are with that god awful 'ee-eye, ee-eye, ee-eye, oh up the premier league we go" dirge that is usually the hallmark of championship clubs.

Never has a support base other than Liverpool been given such a reputation that it doesn't deserve.

Unread 21-01-2023, 07:15 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
newcastle fans showing how truly two bob they are with that god awful 'ee-eye, ee-eye, ee-eye, oh up the premier league we go" dirge that is usually the hallmark of championship clubs.

Never has a support base other than Liverpool been given such a reputation that it doesn't deserve.
They’ve been singing the exact same chants for the last 30 years

Unread 21-01-2023, 07:44 PM
jem

zaha - new (£#%&!ing stupid) hair; same stumbling over when through on goal. christ, he's shit.

how the £#%&! are newcastle not in a relegation fight?

Unread 21-01-2023, 07:47 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
zaha - new (f***ing stupid) hair; same stumbling over when through on goal. christ, he's shit.

how the f*** are newcastle not in a relegation fight?
You tend to be out of the bottom 3 if you only lose 1 game out of 19.

Unread 21-01-2023, 07:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Newcastle are well drilled, but I just don’t see a top side yet. Said a few weeks back they are riding a wave and I stick by it.

They aren’t going to just fall away, but they’ll draw a lot of games and make hard work of everything.

Arsenal and City are a big ask to finish above, but there’s nothing below that we shouldn’t be finishing above.

Unread 21-01-2023, 07:51 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Newcastle are well drilled, but I just don’t see a top side yet. Said a few weeks back they are riding a wave and I stick by it.

They aren’t going to just fall away, but they’ll draw a lot of games and make hard work of everything.

Arsenal and City are a big ask to finish above, but there’s nothing below that we shouldn’t be finishing above.

Don’t like them very much. (They’re fans) they’ve been riding on a near title win for 30 years.

Rather spurs get that 4th spot than them. However Tottenham are dog shit , likes of Brighton and Fulham don’t have the proper resources to challenge for top 4.

Unread 21-01-2023, 07:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

They don't concede a lot of goals newcastle which is a huge plus point.

They doing to Palace this half what we should have done to them, keeping them pinned into their half, sustaining attacks and not trying silly stupid flicks and turning the ball over cheaply.

Palace will cave eventually because they're shit and generally speaking it never ends well for teams who try and 'see games out'.

Unread 21-01-2023, 07:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
You tend to be out of the bottom 3 if you only lose 1 game out of 19.
I understand that their league position is based on results. however, every time I've seen them, they have looked a bit shit.

Unread 21-01-2023, 07:58 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I understand that their league position is based on results. however, every time I've seen them, they have looked a bit shit.
They've had games where they have played some excellent stuff. There goal difference is +22. Not like they have been scraping by in games. They defend well and are capable of punishing sides.

Unread 21-01-2023, 08:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Because they have the best defensive record in the league. They've conceded 11 goals in 20 games. If you don't let goals in there's always the chance you can nick games, which is what they do.

Unread 21-01-2023, 08:04 PM
jem

maybe I'm just underwhelmed after all the money I spent on isak in fantasy.

Unread 21-01-2023, 08:04 PM
dunk

Not conceding goals helps tbf. They’re a bitch to break down.

Scored 1 league goal in 2023, conceded 0? So far at least.

Unread 21-01-2023, 08:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not conceding goals helps tbf. They’re a bitch to break down.

Scored 1 league goal in 2023, conceded 0? So far at least.
If you take away the 3 goals City scored against them at home then it's actually 8 goals condeded in 19 games which is some going considering they've been to Arsenal and Old Trafford.
Closed Thread