United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Baron

Football David Beckham, aged 23:

Ever seen a player cross the ball so well ? So many players in world football capable of a step over, a @#%&!ing rabona, a £#%&!ing round the world & a nutmeg, but can those @#%&!s cross the ball properly at the Nou Camp, at the Stadio Delle Alpi, Anfield & again back at the £#%&!ing Nou Camp (twice) to create vital, vital goals on the way to the Treble ?

Can they £#%&!.

Metronomic, & by £#%&! I wish we had a player that could deliver the ball the way he did - not to mention being capable of scoring from a direct free kick once in a while.

The simplicity of his game when he was on song was immense & something that is missing from a vast majority of supposed top players games.

Bit of a shame he went all "Charlie potatoes" really.

I'd make Nani watch that video on a loop to instill the same consistency to go with the progress he's made the past 12 months, & get Rafael out on the training pitch with him on the overlap.

Unread 03-01-2011, 03:30 AM
tatty

Default Re: David Beckham, aged 23:

I hope the lad doesn't come back and try and flog the horse for another couple of seasons.

A great, great player who unfortunately had a bit of 'flakiness' about him imo which I think made him easy to hate ('98 aside).

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:53 AM
tatty

Forgotten just how good he was, very much reminds me of tatty playing at his peak.

Unread 03-01-2011, 07:17 AM
Stickman

I still think back to 95 96 and and 97, before he became glued to the right and loved the attacking midfielder he was. When you think back to his winner at white hart lane, it was from a central run. That was the kind of player I thought and hoped he was going to be for us.

Don't get me wrong, he was an immense right midfielder and his vision was second to none, but I still think hed have been an even better player if he been continually played in a sort of free role.

I also thought he became somewhat obsessed with putting a cross in even if it wasn't necessarily the best option, a tad for the cameras but maybe I'm being harsh.

Unread 03-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Jez Quigley

What a player DB was - I often got into arguments with Germans who said he wasn't a good player - I wish I'd have had this clip to show how wrong they were.

Was he as good as Pele, Maradona etc.? No.

Next level down of Matthaus, Zidane etc.? No.

However, the next level down - yes, I believe he was great at what he did and this clip is a great showcase for his talents.

Love Beckham me - and always will.

BTW - one cross for Yorke v Inter I think - you can see how he looks over before crossing the ball, not too many players do that nowadays. Top man, top player.

Unread 03-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
What a player DB was - I often got into arguments with Germans who said he wasn't a good player - I wish I'd have had this clip to show how wrong they were.

Was he as good as Pele, Maradona etc.? No.

Next level down of Matthaus, Zidane etc.? No.

However, the next level down - yes, I believe he was great at what he did and this clip is a great showcase for his talents.

Love Beckham me - and always will.

BTW - one cross for Yorke v Inter I think - you can see how he looks over before crossing the ball, not too many players do that nowadays. Top man, top player.
Zidane belongs in the very top bracket IMO.

But yeah, Beckham was a good player. Shame he embraced all the celeb shite.

Unread 03-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I still think back to 95 96 and and 97, before he became glued to the right and loved the attacking midfielder he was. When you think back to his winner at white hart lane, it was from a central run. That was the kind of player I thought and hoped he was going to be for us.

Don't get me wrong, he was an immense right midfielder and his vision was second to none, but I still think hed have been an even better player if he been continually played in a sort of free role.

I also thought he became somewhat obsessed with putting a cross in even if it wasn't necessarily the best option, a tad for the cameras but maybe I'm being harsh.
Scholesy's emergence as a central midfielder pretty much killed that.

Unread 03-01-2011, 01:12 PM
irk

I thought his slide began when he decided ghat he wanted to be a central midfielder.

Great player but annoyed the piss out of me before he left.

Hasn't hd always said he'd never play for another English club?

Unread 03-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
a @#%&!ing rabona
A what?

Unread 03-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Darth Vidic

The thing David Dunn tried to do and fell over

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Macca1990

£#%&! it, I want us to sign him on loan better than the current number 7

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Id take Beckham back

Unread 03-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
A what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
The thing David Dunn tried to do and fell over

Unread 03-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Sparky***

gabriel obertan aged 22

Unread 03-01-2011, 04:10 PM
safingtons

Unread 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Baron

Only you Sparkles. Only you.

Unread 03-01-2011, 05:27 PM
MagnificentSeven

that whole team was incredible imo, becks, ole, giggs, scholes, nev, cole, sheringham, top season

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
£#%&! it, I want us to sign him on loan better than the current number 7
Yup, and I am no great Becks fan. Rather him than Fletcher or £#%&!ing Gibson on the wing, until Tony V comes back

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Bunker Buster

DB won us the Treble, for that i'll always love him........x

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
that whole team was incredible imo, becks, ole, giggs, scholes, nev, cole, sheringham, top season
He wasn't. Bar the last two games
Closed Thread