United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Mancunian Red

Default Re: 1/2 Season Player of the Year award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
So other players are rotated and berbatov is dropped?
lol so we lacked goals, Owen and Rooney were out we desperately needed Berbatov and he was rested.

You see I call it as I see it and go to games if someone is shite I don't pretend otherwise others already choose their man of the match before the game has started.

You should give marks for the WBA game now

Unread 31-12-2010, 01:57 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancunian Red
lol so we lacked goals, Owen and Rooney were out we desperately needed Berbatov and he was rested.

You see I call it as I see it and go to games if someone is shite I don't pretend otherwise others already choose their man of the match before the game has started.

Which game was this in?

The Return of JC

Quote:
Well Fergie dropped him, had he been playing that well Fergie wouldn't have dropped him for the likes of Macheda.

People want to rewrite history, he has had his best season so far at OT I'm happy about that and his work rate is far superior but he hasn't been consistent and without Rooney overall he was very poor.
When did he 'drop' him? He missed the Arsenal game so we could switch the system that works against Arsenal. Rooney is a better lone striker and has a good record against Arsenal, so he got the nod. Fergie has since said that he found it extremely difficult to leave him out. Hardly being dropped, is it? Would he really drop him after scoring 5 times? The only other game I can recall is against Sunderland, after scoring three. Apart from that he's been as regular (oo-er!) as anyone else.

As History says, why is he 'dropped' when others are 'rotated'?

Whip Hubley

Quote:
Well Fergie dropped him, had he been playing that well Fergie wouldn't have dropped him for the likes of Macheda.

People want to rewrite history, he has had his best season so far at OT I'm happy about that and his work rate is far superior but he hasn't been consistent and without Rooney overall he was very poor.
bizarre revisionism - after the liverpool game he was great for 4-5 games, even though he didn't score. has had a couple of poor games but who hasn't

oh hold on - having read your previous posts i see we have a marlo in disguise

Unread 31-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Signor Whippy

Is park not worth a shout?

Unread 31-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
He missed the Arsenal game after scoring 5 in his last game. In his next game he scores 2. Great stuff.
Loved that.

Compare it to @#%&!-neck at City throwing his toys out the pram after being subbed and then putting in a transfer request.

Berba's attitude deserves praise.

Mancunian Red

Quote:
Which game was this in?
I'll give you a clue Rooney didn't play Owen was injured and Berbatov was dropped and we weren't winning games..

You could try looking after the Vila game

http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/seasons/season2011.html

History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signor Whippy
Is park not worth a shout?
No he's hit good form, but he's been pretty average/shit overall.

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:00 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Is this the Wolves game? I remember him, Rooney and Owen were all out, weren't they?

Are you suggesting that we played Macheda on his own and he didn't even have Berbatov on the bench because he had dropped him entirely? Like he'd rather have no strikers at all than even have Berbatov grace the bench.

Preeeetty sure that means he was unavailable, mate.

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Mancunian Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
When did he 'drop' him? He missed the Arsenal game so we could switch the system that works against Arsenal. Rooney is a better lone striker and has a good record against Arsenal, so he got the nod. Fergie has since said that he found it extremely difficult to leave him out. Hardly being dropped, is it? Would he really drop him after scoring 5 times? The only other game I can recall is against Sunderland, after scoring three. Apart from that he's been as regular (oo-er!) as anyone else.

As History says, why is he 'dropped' when others are 'rotated'?

LMFAO

Dong is just on a sabbatical too

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:02 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
LMFAO

Dong is just on a sabbatical too

Yup, big smilie and ignoring the point. You win.

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:04 PM
History

Quote:
I'll give you a clue Rooney didn't play Owen was injured and Berbatov was dropped and we weren't winning games..

You could try looking after the Vila game

http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/seasons/season2011.html
He was roated, his place on the bench was took up by rooney making his comeback, he started against rangers 4 days later, im pretty sure starting away in the champions league isnt a sign of 'being out of favour'

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Mancunian Red

It amazes me so called United fans don't read what Fergie says

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...rbatov-1263621

Read the quotes don't like tribal key in Wigan dropped Berbatov in to google lol

But lets imagine it didn't happen

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:06 PM
History

Quote:
It amazes me so called United fans don't read what Fergie says

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...rbatov-1263621

Read the quotes don't like tribal key in Wigan dropped Berbatov in to google lol

But lets imagine it didn't happen

Well this clearly proves berbatov has been shite.

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Mancunian Red

Quote:
Well this clearly proves berbatov has been shite.
And it clearly proves that Berbatov has been superb all season our best player and we dropped him because he has been so good we needed other teams to catch up.

Anyone who watches United regularly live and is fair minded knows Berbatov has had an idiosyncratic season so far.

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:22 PM
believe

Thumbs up Re: 1/2 Season Player of the Year award.

Berbatov for the 3 good games he's had

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Berbatov for the 3 good games he's had
You're better than that, belllers (unlike the tiresome wum cluttering up this thread)

It would be truer to say Berbie has had 3 shite games - and even that may be slightly over-harsh

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:36 PM
History

Quote:
And it clearly proves that Berbatov has been superb all season our best player and we dropped him because he has been so good we needed other teams to catch up.

Anyone who watches United regularly live and is fair minded knows Berbatov has had an idiosyncratic season so far.
Are you saying i don't?

Berbatov has been our best player in what overall has been an inconsistent season for united.

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:37 PM
borsuk

Quote:

don't use words unless you know what they mean.

this #@&%! is a tedious wum, probably the least entertaining one we've had so far.

1/10 must try harder.

Unread 31-12-2010, 02:51 PM
TheKitchenSink

o'shea ... the perfect combination of comedy & football
Closed Thread