Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2010, 06:48 AM
wee man

Default Re: Reasons why you love Manchester United

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Red Tatton

The whole ridiculous history we have.

Used to lodge with a Bertie about 10 years ago when the video celebrating 120 years came out, the one with the 'free replica souveniers'.

He was a good lad but a really bitter bastard, so we had the unwritten rule that United/city was never discussed in the house. Anyway managed to get him to watch the video and it was the only time he ever said anything complementary about us.

He just said that he wished city had an amazing history like ours, agreeing that Munich was only one part of an unbelieveable story.

And we do have a ridiculous history, from the Outcasts, to nearly going bust and being saved by a dog, the vision to build and move into Old Trafford, the ground being bombed, Sir Matt Busby and his youth team vision.

The dark days of Munich, the rebirth with Best, Law and Charlton, First English winners of the European Cup, Relegation, The Red Army, Seventies Cup Finals, Continued failure to win the league, Panarama on Edwards, CS gassed, scouse busting, Knighton

Back in Europe and winning at first attempt, Fergie and late winners, Cantona and Cantona and his Kung Foo kick, 'Welcome to Hell'.

The Treble, 3 in a rows and doubles, Pulling out of the FA CUP, World Champions, drug tests, More European success, the Glazers, the attempt to get 4 in a row.

Missed loads out i know, but from day one we have been history makers.
The club, players and fans just seem to have the habit of continually adding chapter after chapter to our unbeliveable history story.

Thats why I Love Manchester United because to pinch it from Barca, We are more than just a football club.

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:23 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tatton

Used to lodge with a Bertie about 10 years ago when the video celebrating 120 years came out, the one with the 'free replica souveniers'.

He was a good lad but a really bitter bastard, so we had the unwritten rule that United/city was never discussed in the house. Anyway managed to get him to watch the video and it was the only time he ever said anything complementary about us.

He just said that he wished city had an amazing history like ours, agreeing that Munich was only one part of an unbelieveable story.

And we do have a ridiculous history, from the Outcasts, to nearly going bust and being saved by a dog, the vision to build and move into Old Trafford, the ground being bombed, Sir Matt Busby and his youth team vision.

The dark days of Munich, the rebirth with Best, Law and Charlton, First English winners of the European Cup, Relegation, The Red Army, Seventies Cup Finals, Continued failure to win the league, Panarama on Edwards, CS gassed, scouse busting, Knighton

Back in Europe and winning at first attempt, Fergie and late winners, Cantona and Cantona and his Kung Foo kick, 'Welcome to Hell'.

The Treble, 3 in a rows and doubles, Pulling out of the FA CUP, World Champions, drug tests, More European success, the Glazers, the attempt to get 4 in a row.

The club, players and fans just seem to have the habit of continually adding chapter after chapter to our unbeliveable history story.

Thats why I Love Manchester United because to pinch it from Barca, We are more than just a football club.
Top postings.

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Sloane

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Dueling Banjos

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Dueling Banjos

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Pop

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tatton

Great post.

And a great thread.

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
MUFC One Love

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Ginners

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:34 AM
MUFC One Love

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:37 AM
BarryX

I was having sex with the Red Devils from the age of 4, but the first time I think we ever made love was in April 1985:

I'll never forget that goal, my run around the room celebrations, or the commentary until the day I die.

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:38 AM
MUFC One Love

Great choice.

£#%&!ing love Eric.

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Billy Bigbollox

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Zaitsev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
die bitch
Come again, @#%&!o?

Unread 03-05-2010, 11:58 AM
rebelcountyred

Unread 03-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Marlon Van Baron

One of my earliest memories of United & one that made me the red I am today. I still remember my Mum waking me up to tell me the score & telling me she had Sportsnight taped on video. I kept that tape for years until I lent it to my best mate about 10 years later who then told me his @#%&!ing video chwed the tape

Watching that gives me goose bumps more than any other game.

Unread 03-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Sloppy

Closed Thread