United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Sparky***

Default Our left hand side of defence

Any noticing a familiar pattern with the goals we're conceding this season?

£#%&!ing hell carbon copy for both goals. Why is Fellaini so deep and level with our centre backs? What is happening down that left hand side? Come to think of it didn't City's 2nd goal come from down our left hand side as well? Feyenoord's goal the same thing on Thursday? Down our left and cut back across the 18 yard box? So that's 3 goals in two games conceded from square passes across the 18 yard box from our left side.

And City's 2nd goal.

Even bournemouths I think was from our left hand side...

Unread 18-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Billy Bigbollox

A biddly biddly bong

Unread 18-09-2016, 06:41 PM
andyroo

Bournemouth's was a hoof into the area wasn't it?

Anyway... our shape is horrendous and we can't control games. The berts mainly went down our other side. Fellaini is a turd, Smalling has no balls, and Feyenoord's goal was offside. Nothing at all is working and trying to isolate it down to little manageable problems is a fools' errand sadly.

Unread 18-09-2016, 06:49 PM
ZiggyStardust

In those situations one centre half looks after the near post while the other is at the back post so it's the job of the DM to look after the pull back
Fellaini isn't a defensive midfielder but we already knew that

Unread 18-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Switching Off

Tactical analysis?

Unread 18-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Ethers

It's not a problem with the flank imo, the problem is in the middle. Once it gets cut in we have no £#%&!er there.

Unread 18-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Bunker Buster

We need a solid CB partnership....don't need your images.

5 games in and we've had B/B S/B

A GoOd defence comes from a decent partnership....cut back goals are also V hard to defend.

Unread 18-09-2016, 09:59 PM
gbmufc

I think Carrick might be the answer...maybe

Unread 18-09-2016, 10:06 PM
AK14

Play a midfield three and one of Carrick or Blind at the base and it'll get sorted.

Unread 18-09-2016, 10:07 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
He's the new comfort blanket for some, he's 34/35 and has shown the last few years whilst he's a top player he can't be relied on every single week.

We need someone who can play every week, knows the job and what needs to be done. For me that has to be Schneiderlin, and he needs to be given a run of games and the opportunity to show what he can do rather than picking him every now and then.

For me it's Herrera AND Schneiderlin for the next few weeks, give them a run of games and see what happens.

Unread 18-09-2016, 10:09 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Absolutely scandalous that he's had zero minutes when you look at the state of our midfield

Unread 19-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Sparky***

Seems Jose agrees with me.

Unread 19-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Red Al

our defence should be

Dave

Tone(for now) Eric Mike(for now) Fat Arse

Blind or Carrick (protecting the back 4)

with the players we have at the moment this is not rocket science plus we need to get this part right first and stop shipping stupid goals.

Unread 19-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What is happening down that left hand side?
Dunno

Unread 19-09-2016, 05:02 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
our defence should be

Dave

Tone(for now) Eric Mike(for now) Fat Arse

Blind or Carrick (protecting the back 4)

with the players we have at the moment this is not rocket science plus we need to get this part right first and stop shipping stupid goals.
Timmeh Eric Daley Luke. Tony and Smalls in are basically #@&%!ed.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Seems Jose agrees with me.
Oh shit.

Only kidding, pal ;-)

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Dunno

Unread 19-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Timmeh Eric Daley Luke. Tony and Smalls in are basically #@&%!ed.
Fair point with timmeh but would still prefer blind in front of the back 4 as I can see him linking up nicely with ander and poggers

Unread 19-09-2016, 09:15 PM
£#%&! KFC

well at least Rojo will be back at left-back on wednesday

Unread 19-09-2016, 09:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
well at least Rojo will be back at left-back on wednesday
Yeah, 'cos he was in no way susceptible in Holland in exactly the same way..
Closed Thread