Originally Posted by TC23 Henchasaurus
Next up Leicester
Well that's a £#%&!ing relief

Unread 18-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Of course he's right.

It's bizarre. We chop and change players/formations etc... in the hope that something magically works.

It's like watching a kid play Champ Manger for the first time.
The concerning thing is that he's not playing that many different combinations in different areas and the ones he's changing aren't the issue.

How many changes was today from last Saturday? Three? Two of them in the wide areas?

Fellaini and Rooney have started every league game. Mhiki has started one and that was out of position.

The spine has been more or less the same.

I wish he would play some different combinations in midfield. I don't get how Herrera can be brought on last week to good effect and then just dropped again the next week. Fellaini's supposed aerial prowess isn't enough to justify the rest of his shit. And why start him against city? Not exactly a big side.

I can only hope some of these players are playing themselves right out of the club.

State of £#%&!ing memphis when he came on. Gave away about three free kicks in the left back spot, relieving pressure again and again and got himself booked. Hopeless cameo.

One or two are out of form. So be it. Rest/drop them. Martial your best example. Rest him. He needs and deserves it. Bring him back when he's needed.

Play players who fit the system. Get the best out of Pogba. Give him the protection of Carrick and Schneiderlen. Give them the chance to play their way into form like Rooney and Fellaini are currently being granted.

I'd like to see this side next week:

De Gea

Valencia
Bailly
Blind (£#%&! off Smalling)
Shaw

Carrick
Schneiderlen
Pogba

Mkhi
Rashford
Zlatan

Unread 18-09-2016, 05:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
You don't think Mourinho would have improved on what we got between December and May? You don't think we'd be the ones in the CL now and not City?
Take Pogba and Zlatan out of this shambles and that's what we had last season. Blaming the manager was always too simplistic.

It's still very early this season but it's a concern how lethargic we look and how easily we're getting beat. You'd hope things will settle down, but to me it feels like Mourinho might have to make some tough early decisions to avoid things going into crisis.

The midfield partnership and Rooney being the obvious ones. There's plenty else wrong, but that feels the easiest to address.

Unread 18-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Take Pogba and Zlatan out of this shambles and that's what we had last season. Blaming the manager was always too simplistic.

It's still very early this season but it's a concern how lethargic we look and how easily we're getting beat. You'd hope things will settle down, but to me it feels like Mourinho might have to make some tough early decisions to avoid things going into crisis.

The midfield partnership and Rooney being the obvious ones. There's plenty else wrong, but that feels the easiest to address.
Yep.

Unread 18-09-2016, 05:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep.
The Pogba issue was always an inevitable problem. More so because he's simply out of position rather than this unexpected early mini crisis. How do you move him forward without dropping Rooney or putting him out wide, where Mourinho really doesn't want him.

Going to be interesting. I think perhaps Carrick or Schneiderlin in for Fellaini could be the first step.

Unread 18-09-2016, 05:56 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
The concerning thing is that he's not playing that many different combinations in different areas and the ones he's changing aren't the issue.

How many changes was today from last Saturday? Three? Two of them in the wide areas?

Fellaini and Rooney have started every league game. Mhiki has started one and that was out of position.

The spine has been more or less the same.

I wish he would play some different combinations in midfield. I don't get how Herrera can be brought on last week to good effect and then just dropped again the next week. Fellaini's supposed aerial prowess isn't enough to justify the rest of his shit. And why start him against city? Not exactly a big side.

I can only hope some of these players are playing themselves right out of the club.

State of £#%&!ing memphis when he came on. Gave away about three free kicks in the left back spot, relieving pressure again and again and got himself booked. Hopeless cameo.

One or two are out of form. So be it. Rest/drop them. Martial your best example. Rest him. He needs and deserves it. Bring him back when he's needed.

Play players who fit the system. Get the best out of Pogba. Give him the protection of Carrick and Schneiderlen. Give them the chance to play their way into form like Rooney and Fellaini are currently being granted.

I'd like to see this side next week:

De Gea

Valencia
Bailly
Blind (£#%&! off Smalling)
Shaw

Carrick
Schneiderlen
Pogba

Mkhi
Rashford
Zlatan
this should have been the team that started the season...... I hope Mourinho does not become pig-headed and stick with Rooney and Fellaini because everybody can see its the wrong choice......

Unread 18-09-2016, 05:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
this should have been the team that started the season...... I hope Mourinho does not become pig-headed and stick with Rooney and Fellaini because everybody can see its the wrong choice......
We've all had a drink...

Unread 18-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
The Pogba issue was always an inevitable problem. More so because he's simply out of position rather than this unexpected early mini crisis. How do you move him forward without dropping Rooney or putting him out wide, where Mourinho really doesn't want him.

Going to be interesting. I think perhaps Carrick or Schneiderlin in for Fellaini could be the first step.
Definitely.

Even second half with the players shifting around, it still didn't suit Pogba. We're either moving him forward into space where Rooney can't be dropped from, or were moving him back to help Fellaini (and allow Rooney to advance) where he's less effective.

Fellaini is too shit to leave on his own. Rooney is too in-the-way to let him advance. He needs one or maybe even two players alongside him with a better reading of the game and passing than Fellaini.

Blind, Carrick, Schneiderlen and Herrera are all with their flaws too, but all are better and offer more than Fellaini.

Meanwhile, the German player of year and our second biggest signing of the summer is being left out for a woeful Wayne Rooney. Mata and Ibrahimovic would also be better in Rooney's position. Two very obvious things that need changing.

Unread 18-09-2016, 06:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Meanwhile, the German player of year and our second biggest signing of the summer is being left out for a woeful Wayne Rooney. Mata and Ibrahimovic would also be better in Rooney's position. Two very obvious things that need changing.
Not much chance of that being repeated, tbh.

Unread 18-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not much chance of that being repeated, tbh.
Since he plays in England now, I'd agree.

Unread 18-09-2016, 08:08 PM
dunk

Memphis had 5 minutes and found the team pegged back throughout. How is he supposed to impress in his ridiculously short cameo when forced to defend his own corner flag throughout?

Unread 18-09-2016, 08:15 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Memphis had 5 minutes and found the team pegged back throughout. How is he supposed to impress in his ridiculously short cameo when forced to defend his own corner flag throughout?
This is our story of the last few years. Players struggling for confidence being asked to step into a side struggling for confidence. The nervousness and pressure is contagious.

Unread 18-09-2016, 08:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yeah, he needs a start really. Nobody really gives a shit about the Europa so just play him in all those games and try and build him up.

Unread 18-09-2016, 08:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Yeah, he needs a start really. Nobody really gives a shit about the Europa so just play him in all those games and try and build him up.
This not giving a shit stuff isn't very helpful. There's far too much of that rot set in at the moment. Europa is a chance to lift the stench of negativity around us and build some sort of buzz.

Unread 18-09-2016, 10:09 PM
red in cumbria

As is the next match. Is it too much to hope the club - players and others - will take it seriously?

Unread 18-09-2016, 10:32 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
He can't help being there when he's needed, but he gave away three stupid fouls in about three minute. He's got previous for that too. He Newcastle and Stoke last season. It's only a side note, not expecting miracles in five minutes, but it's a small example of ill-discpline and nativity. He wasn't the only one, mind you.

Unread 19-09-2016, 03:07 AM
Coracao

Fully expect depay to be one of the first to be binned

Unread 19-09-2016, 05:15 AM
Marlon Van Baron

I have to admit I have been shocked by the last three performances. I honestly thought that Jose would turn water into wine and get performances from a lot of the squad he had inherited. Even he must now realize that 75% of the squad are not up to it and this is an even bigger rebuilding job than he first thought.

This will take another 2-3 windows to sort out this mess out. He has inherited years of poor buying from Fergie, Moyes and LvG. This will not be an overnight fix.

My concerns with Jose are that as bad as we are playing we are still to see the likes of Carrick and TFM not get anywhere near the first team and Herrera is only getting the odd game here and there. Based on today's squad these are the only three players we need alongside Pogba to allow him to play his natural game. Why is he persisting with Fellaini and Rooney?

Unread 19-09-2016, 12:38 PM
redhegemony

so far

Signings: 6/10 Didn't get a right back or anyone creative and didn't get rid of Fellani. Overall the signings were very positive.

Team Selection: 4/10 where are the passers? And Rooney dearie me.

Tactics: 3/10 Awful against City and Watford beggars beliefs a midfield 2 ?? especially after Herrera's display in the second half. Slow to change.

Player Management: 2/10 Blaming players publicly should be done very rarely.

Overall very disappointed.

Unread 19-09-2016, 06:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
so far

Signings: 6/10 Didn't get a right back or anyone creative and didn't get rid of Fellani. Overall the signings were very positive.

Team Selection: 4/10 where are the passers? And Rooney dearie me.

Tactics: 3/10 Awful against City and Watford beggars beliefs a midfield 2 ?? especially after Herrera's display in the second half. Slow to change.

Player Management: 2/10 Blaming players publicly should be done very rarely.

Overall very disappointed.
I agree it should not be routine, but there is also an argument certain of our players should have been called out long before now.
Closed Thread