United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Scouting shop doorways for the English Bebé.
As long as they aren't upwardly mobile tramps who have moved from Bury or Stockport yes.

Unread 05-09-2014, 05:45 PM
innit

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't blame the rest of the league for shitting it. They're seeing the effect FFP is starting to have on the plastics. It's the reason City couldn't afford Falcao and why Chelsea had to sell £120m worth of talent this year to afford their spending.

They know that United can afford, as the article says, to spend £100m net every summer now. I remember hearing some business expert last year saying the FFP regulations would see the financial power balance shift back towards United. Nobody wants that.
We £#%&!ing do.

Thanks FFP.

Unread 05-09-2014, 08:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Looking back wishfully at purchases of stellar talents like miller, djemba djemba, bellion, dong, bebe, oh what times they were
Against a fair amount of competition, THE worst player we have had in our PL history. Yes, even more so than Bogbrush

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:16 PM
moyescaust

Liam miller

What a complete £#%&!ing non entity he was

I'm trying to remember something about him but I can't

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyescaust
Liam miller

What a complete £#%&!ing non entity he was

I'm trying to remember something about him but I can't
He was about 6 stone wet through and couldn't play football very well

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:20 PM
moyescaust

At leas with djemba we had this

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:26 PM
red in cumbria

He actually looked OK in his first few months. Seems incredible now, but true

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:33 PM
moyescaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He actually looked OK in his first few months. Seems incredible now, but true
I usually have a good memory for these things but I can't rember anything of miller.

Can remember klebersons two goals versus villa and great display against Blackburn.

Bellion against arsenal in the league cup.

Djemba had a very good cameo against Bolton and some other good performances like the 1-1 away to arse where we equalised after Henry's long ranger.

But miller, nothing whatsoever?

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:43 PM
andyroo

Bellion also scored that equaliser at Buuuurlton after they thought they'd won it in injury time

Miller is still playing in Oz I think, or was last year anyway.

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't blame the rest of the league for shitting it. They're seeing the effect FFP is starting to have on the plastics. It's the reason City couldn't afford Falcao and why Chelsea had to sell £120m worth of talent this year to afford their spending.

They know that United can afford, as the article says, to spend £100m net every summer now. I remember hearing some business expert last year saying the FFP regulations would see the financial power balance shift back towards United. Nobody wants that.
Well nobody was shitting it when City and Chelsea started throwing the money about. There was only Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham who were (rightly) pissed off because they were the ones being robbed of a top 4 place because the oil clubs leapfrogged them.

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:50 PM
andyroo

Arsenal and the vermin have always whinged much more about the oil gazillionaire clubs' spending than we have.

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:53 PM
moyescaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Bellion also scored that equaliser at Buuuurlton after they thought they'd won it in injury time

Miller is still playing in Oz I think, or was last year anyway.
Remember that Bolton match.

Just got back from pontine holiday camp in Blackpool that very morning. ( the camp was full of scousers, absolutely infested)

That was my our first look at Gabriel heinze and he looke superb.

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Remember that Bolton match.

Just got back from pontine holiday camp in Blackpool that very morning.

That was my our first look at Gabriel heinze and he looke superb.
Scored didn't he. All the yonners foaming at the mouth when our fans did the Ar-gen-tina chant

Unread 05-09-2014, 11:58 PM
moyescaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Scored didn't he. All the yonners foaming at the mouth when our fans did the Ar-gen-tina chant

Thought heinze was brilliant

Great defender and passer from the back.

His passing wad so sharp.

Pity about 2007

Unread 06-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Thought heinze was brilliant

Great defender and passer from the back.

His passing wad so sharp.

Pity about 2007
Heinze was an awful passer. His technique

Unread 06-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Whip Hubley

I thought Kleberson was actually very good, and on a different wavelenth to the majority of the shit bastards we had at the time. Maybe deserved more of a chance.

Liam Miller

Unread 06-09-2014, 09:15 AM
andyroo

Kleberson was just unlucky, neither he norr Freggle bear any ill will that it didn't work out. He's bringing up his son who was born in Manchester as a red

Unread 06-09-2014, 09:18 AM
teflon_terry

Kleberson was shit nqat. Revisionism at it's finest.

Unread 06-09-2014, 09:19 AM
vangaalsbigballs

I thought kleberson was decent. Not as bad as the likes of liam miller, djembax2 etc. He would have been a useful squad member in other title winning teams.

Unread 06-09-2014, 09:25 AM
believe

Kleberson was definitely an example of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. How we managed to turn it round from 2005-2008 to win the European cup is the only thing that gives me hope nowadays.

Some of the starting XI\s around that time
Closed Thread