United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:22 PM
Crumps

The money is there big time with the deals in place. Basically means we will be competing with the Madrids et al when it comes to going for big transfer fees.

How can that be a negative?

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Neo

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Is that classed as a scarf shot?

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:28 PM
Serenity Now

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Got to say I'm loving Woody's negotiating tactic of trying to get top players on the cheap while briefing the media at every opportunity that we have loads of money for transfers at our disposal and now can even break the world transfer record

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:29 PM
ziggyman17

All £#%&!ing talk.. Big teams don't talk big.. They act big with their actions.. Wait for the £#%&!er to say that Van Gaal is happy with what he has got and does'nt need to buy anyone else..

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
The money is there big time with the deals in place. Basically means we will be competing with the Madrids et al when it comes to going for big transfer fees.

Because the gimps will still have the "scrimp and save at all costs" mentality??

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:33 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:35 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Because the gimps will still have the "scrimp and save at all costs" mentality??
"We are still assessing things and looking at options. We are not sitting on our hands and waiting for Louis. He is indicating clearly what he wants. All I am saying is there could be some other things that happen as a result of the time he spends with the players in the next few weeks. If you think about it, for an experienced professional like him from a football perspective, maybe he knows the first 15 players really well but the next 15 not so well. He is taking time to see."

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Liu Jian

TBR must be feeling pretty damn excited right about now .

Our own record is £37m, and we're gonna more than double it on...who exactly?

Let's just take that hypothetical £90m and get Reus, Vidal and Hummels.

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Aman27deep

There's a sanskrit saying which means the dogs which bark don't bite, and the ones which bite don't bark.

Hope Woody stops barking.

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:43 PM
saffers

Forget about a world record fee. No player out there worth it atm.

Unless Neymar decides hes tired of the la liga circus.

Just get 2 or 3 worldies to transform our team.

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:43 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

I quite like big Wooders now tbh

I don't even care if he is lying about the transfer kitty.

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:45 PM
ryanMUFC

Was about to say..you wouldn't see Real Madrid saying this shit but they've always had the world record signing in their side since 2000.

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Forget about a world record fee. No player out there worth it atm.

Unless Neymar decides hes tired of the la liga circus.

Just get 2 or 3 worldies to transform our team.
True, can't think of anyone worth £70m+.

In any case, we'd still be reliant on that player not wanting to go Barca or Real anyway.

Best to stick to up-and-comers which is why I was so pissed off when we didn't get Hazard.

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:51 PM
MUFC One Love

I hate to say it but it's starting to show the hallmarks of a typical summer.

"We have loads of money you know!!!!"

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:51 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian

True, can't think of anyone worth £70m+.

In any case, we'd still be reliant on that player not wanting to go Barca or Real anyway.

Best to stick to up-and-comers which is why I was so pissed off when we didn't get Hazard.
But I doubt many thought Bale and Hames were worth their respective fees.

Hazard could be top 5 players in the world level under a real coach. Throw wild money at Chelsea and him.

People will react in anger at this and say he's not worth it but he is better than both Bale and Hames whose transfers to Madrid have resulted in cry£#%&!ing on here.

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Stickman

joking aside, it certainly looks like the club are aiming to burn another 100M this window.

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:53 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:54 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

erm, I do.

I'm sick to £#%&!ing death of hearing how £#%&!ing rich we are, how big our sponsorship deals are and how we're the biggest club in the world. .....While we put average funds forward akin Ho Stoke and Southampton and £#%&!ing umm and aaah to embarrassing levels.

If we're not signing, then fine, but stop swinging your dick around to anyone who'll take a whiff. its cringe worthy.

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
But I doubt many thought Bale and Hames were worth their respective fees.

Hazard could be top 5 players in the world level under a real coach. Throw wild money at Chelsea and him.

People will react in anger at this and say he's not worth it but he is better than both Bale and Hames whose transfers to Madrid have resulted in cryw**king on here.
Bale is certainly a bigger attacking threat than Hazard.
He's the better player - brings more.

Unread 22-07-2014, 11:56 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
erm, I do.
is it a woman or not?
Closed Thread