United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2013, 08:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Default Patrice Evra slams French media as “bums and parasites”

Bixente Lizarazu joins Lillian Thuram in getting his arse handed to him by Patrice

Video links in the article

Quote:
The big story in France on Sunday centres around an explosive interview with Manchester United defender Patrice Evra on Téléfoot.

Three years after it happened, Evra was quizzed about France’s infamous Knysna strike at 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and the Old Trafford left-back snapped back on camera.

Evra claimed the certain journalists in France, whom he called ”bums and parasites” were out to try to ruin his reputation.

"They want to lie to the people of France, saying Evra is unloved. Arrogant? This is not true.

"When I meet people in the street they are super friendly. I have no problem with people, just with pundits. I took [French pundit] Michel Fernandel on a visit to Old Trafford in 2008, he thought it was like Euro Disney.

"[Bixente] Lizarazu, I do not know what he has against me. He has his reasons. I do not know what Lizarazu has against me. He was never voted the best full-back in the world, like I was. With France, he did not shake my hand when I arrived, but he’s like that.

"After [the World Cup revolt in] Knysna, I went to eat in central Paris. It shows the French people like me. I am proud to wear the France shirt.

"They should stop talking, they go too far. It does not hurt me at all because I am a happy man. There are many people who would like to be in my place. It does not affect me at all, but the problem is that it can affect my family.

"These bums should stop lying to France. They are parasites."

Having finished their interview with Evra, Téléfoot then spoke to Lizarazu for his response. The former World Cup, European Championship and European Cup winner hit back saying:

"This is appalling. To answer him, yes, I was voted the best left-back in the world and my CV spoke in my favour. But it’s not important. He said that I did not shake his hand when he arrived in French squad. I do not remember crossing him. Look when I stopped and when he started.

In addition, the timing of his quotes is very bad because we will have a [World Cup qualifying] play-off in a month. Honestly, this is ridiculous. We had already lost him in South Africa, and now we lose him again. I have no dispute with him.”

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/ma...and-parasites/

Unread 20-10-2013, 08:07 PM
taff

can't help but read that in pat's accent.

'zees berms'

Unread 20-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Mr Castro

These bums I love pat.

Unread 20-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Michael Myers

Probably a good thing he's not letting his football do the talking - it would be the equivalent of Zed's voice from Police Academy.

Unread 20-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Zorg

'Tramps' would have been a better translation tbh

Unread 20-10-2013, 08:25 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 20-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
:geek:

Unread 20-10-2013, 08:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Does he say something about Thierry Henry also?

Unread 20-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Whalefish

Mad bastard.

Unread 21-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Denis Irwell

Default what's all this about then eh?

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/t...e-s-heading-fo

would go someway to explaining the Baines move

Unread 21-10-2013, 11:29 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Woodward did that last week.

Pat will be like many others that won't sign a new deal and leave in the summer.

Unread 21-10-2013, 11:31 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Quote:
“Your contract expires in June 2014. Does this bother you?"

"No, not at all. It's personal. It's not Manchester (United) that don't want me to sign a new contract. This whole thing is personal. Manchester United's dream is that I finish my career there, but this is something personal."

"You can't say anything else on the matter?"

"No."
might be saving his face. He has been poor for nearly 3 years now. Will be surprised if he is still here next season. Moyes will surely bring another left back in january too seeing how desperate he was for baines and then tried for coentrao

Unread 21-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
might be saving his face. He has been poor for nearly 3 years now. Will be surprised if he is still here next season. Moyes will surely bring another left back in january too seeing how desperate he was for baines and then tried for coentrao
He was excellent last season you utter £#%&!ing dope.

Unread 21-10-2013, 12:21 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
He was excellent last season you utter £#%&!ing dope.
New to rafabio? :shakehead:

Unread 21-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Ethers

Wants to go to Monaco, pretty obvious tbh. Don't blame him either.

Unread 21-10-2013, 12:49 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Wants to go to Monaco, pretty obvious tbh. Don't blame him either.
Yep.

No concerns from me, love Patrice.

Be really sad to see him go but understand his decision to finish off his career back home in France.

Unread 21-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Thierry Phuckwit

Love Evra but hes costing us now at the back and has been for some time.
Time to go.

Unread 21-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Aman27deep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Phuckwit
Love Evra but hes costing us now at the back and has been for some time.
Time to go.
You both are just

Last season he was our second or third most consistent player. FACT. It's obvious Moyes doesn't like him and therefore his performance levels have dropped this year. It's no surprise he wants to leave when our manager wants to £#%&! another scouse into our squad. He is our vice-captain and I'd just be devastated if he left as he's certainly the toppest of top reds.

Love Patrice, me. £#%&! the haters.

Unread 21-10-2013, 01:59 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
You both are just

Last season he was our second or third most consistent player. FACT. It's obvious Moyes doesn't like him and therefore his performance levels have dropped this year. It's no surprise he wants to leave when our manager wants to £#%&! another scouse into our squad. He is our vice-captain and I'd just be devastated if he left as he's certainly the toppest of top reds.

Love Patrice, me. £#%&! the haters.
How is it obvious? It could be equally obvious that he's told United he wants to go back to France. He almost left a couple of times under Fergie by all accounts.

Unread 21-10-2013, 02:06 PM
ryanMUFC

I think Evra saying au devoir at the end of the season is best for both parties. He'll get a nice pay day in Monaco and he'll probably be better suited to playing 3 or 4 string teams a season instead of playing for a team that the whole league tries to put a performance in. Hopefully our next LB respects the club like this lad has.
Closed Thread