United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up Michael Carrick.

Thought he was excellent last night, not quite as good as Rooney of course but excellent all the same. Really took control of a pretty iffy midfield. If hargo doesn't make it for GRAND SLAM SUNDAY!!!!!!!! I'm perfectly happy for him to play

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:28 AM
waynes ear's

Hargo should be forcing his way into the team, not just just being played if fit, fergies £#%&!ing about with carrick and its pissing me off

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Hargo should be forcing his way into the team, not just just being played if fit, fergies £#%&!ing about with carrick and its pissing me off
Sorry but last night and Chelsea apart Carrick hasn't been good enough to cement a place. Glad to see a return to some sort of form though.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Hargo and Anderson and protect the defense and hurry their midfield
Or Carrick and Anderson and try to play a passing game
Or Carrick and Hargreaves and lose.

Decisions decisions.

I say Hargo and Anderson. Scholes and Carrick were over run last season at Anfailed.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:34 AM
MUFC One Love

He was alright. Still lacks bottle for me. He kinds of just lets people nick it off him sometimes by letting them use their strength without using his back. Then when the balls in the air he doesn't attack it to head it he just stands and lets it hit his head.

I thought O' Shea played very well. As did Nani, Pique and Evans.

I like the look of Evans btw.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Alright enough, Nani did not have a good game. Showing signs doesn't mean he had a good game.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Hargo and Anderson and protect the defense and hurry their midfield
Or Carrick and Anderson and try to play a passing game
Or Carrick and Hargreaves and lose.

Decisions decisions.

I say Hargo and Anderson. Scholes and Carrick were over run last season at Anfailed.
I agree, if fit I'd go with hargo and Anderson but I'm glad to see a better performance from Micky C.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Alright enough, Nani did not have a good game. Showing signs doesn't mean he had a good game.
I'm not getting where this Nani had a agood game business is coming from? Thought the back 4 played well, Carrick was excellent, Saha did well and Rooney was maginificent.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'm not getting where this Nani had a agood game business is coming from? Thought the back 4 played well, Carrick was excellent, Saha did well and Rooney was maginificent.
Agreed. Even impressed with O'Shea last night.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:43 AM
MUFC One Love

I thought Nani held the ball well and his decision making was better, and it will get better we could have scored another couple last night. He won the ball back loads of times and kept hold of it.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:46 AM
waynes ear's

linda hamilton was solid i thought, love seeing him score too

and rooney was too quiet for my liking but still had a decent game

MoM was fletch, legend in the making i reckon, £#%&! hargreaves

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Thought he was excellent last night, not quite as good as Rooney of course but excellent all the same. Really took control of a pretty iffy midfield. If hargo doesn't make it for GRAND SLAM SUNDAY!!!!!!!! I'm perfectly happy for him to play
he was excellent

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Whalefish

Fletcher MOTM?

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I thought Nani held the ball well and his decision making was better, and it will get better we could have scored another couple last night. He won the ball back loads of times and kept hold of it.
Kept hold of it? I would have expected more from a winger than to keep hold of the ball. Which he struggled to do 70% of the time.

His game last night was summed up toward the end when he won the ball back after one of his corners was cleared, again.
After he beat a defender he tried a pivot and went on his arse, Roma broke he lay on his bottom with his pepperami head screaming like a slapped arse.

O.K I'm being cruel but thems the facts. He does look like a pepperami.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Fletcher MOTM?
and Rooney quiet? I think waynes on drugs.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:52 AM
MUFC One Love

The main overview from the game is we have a terrific squad but they need to be used correctly. I thought Fergie's selection was perfect last night. A mix of youth but then experienced players who need games and Rooney and Saha up front.

I thought Saha looked a lot sharper and looked interested which is brilliant news. I think Saha could be the key to success this season. Where as last season he got injured at a vital time and we had to live without him, this season he could be a major bonus and be fit and fresh coming off the bench or starting important games when the schedule gets hectic.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Kept hold of it? I would have expected more from a winger than to keep hold of the ball. Which he struggled to do 70% of the time.

His game last night was summed up toward the end when he won the ball back after one of his corners was cleared, again.
After he beat a defender he tried a pivot and went on his arse, Roma broke he lay on his bottom with his pepperami head screaming like a slapped arse.

i thought Nani did well. Always offered an option and runs with the ball well. Admittedly his final ball was not up to much but do you recall who the last player was we said the same thing about?

Pepperami - you are a cruel man Fuzzy

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:54 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Well yes they have to do more. But I thought he was solid on the ball and was a good option.

I suppose that's the beauty of football. The different opinions. I thought Nani did pretty well for the most part except the last 10 minutes, where as I thought even when Carrick had a free midfield with loads of time and space he still only did the basic passing and then when Roma actually got into it in midfield he started to go under like he does. The first hour was likle a training match for Carrick yet all he could do we do basic passes. He had a chance to really make a point to Fergie last night and he failed. Fletcher had a similar game to him. motwyw.

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:54 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Fletcher MOTM?
sarcasm > doom

Quote:
and Rooney quiet? I think waynes on drugs.
not at all sir, i was jesting

[SIZE="1"]*goes christmas shopping*

Unread 13-12-2007, 10:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
i thought Nani did well. Always offered an option and runs with the ball well. Admittedly his final ball was not up to much but do you recall who the last player was we said the same thing about?
Shaun Wright Phillips?
Closed Thread