Unread 29-10-2007, 01:42 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Name me one game except Chelsea when he played well
Roma. nft.

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:42 PM
borsuk

great player. atm we have fantastic options and we'll be able to choose players who are on form, rest players when they need it, suit our tactics to the opposition and give players time to recover from injuries properly. finally.

i don't think the term 'best xi' makes any sense, tbph. 'best xv', maybe. or 'best xi against the arse', which will be different than 'best xi against roma' etc. we've got a great squad and there's nobody better at managing a squad than fergie.

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:44 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Roma. nft.

Last season maybe

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Whalefish

Options aren't allowed Borsuk.

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:45 PM
magic_cantona

We still have to look on the dark side eh?

As pointed out, lets be happy that we've got so many class players who are dying to perform for United.

Let's face it, there'll be plenty of time for us all to give it "Tevez and Rooney dont £#%&!ing work" or "Hargreaves is £#%&!ing rubbish" etc, when Arsenal beat us next week.

Magic = Ex-Doomlord.

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:45 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Options aren't allowed Borsuk.

Dear oh dear

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Name me one game except Chelsea when he played well
There's quite a gap between playing well and being piss poor, a gap into which his play this season fits.

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:50 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
There's quite a gap between playing well and being piss poor, a gap into which his play this season fits.
If you can agree with me that the gap is called poor I'll cut my losses and shake on it! [your hand that is]

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
If you can agree with me that the gap is called poor I'll cut my losses and shake on it! [your hand that is]
It traveles from poor, through mediocre all the way to OK.

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
That's my point. He's not been as good as last season but he's hardly qualified as piss poor, shit or £#%&!.

What if Utd lose to Arsenal next weekend? Will we have one or two 'formistas' creep out the woodwork and say "I've had my suspicions but Tevez isn't as good as we think/Anderson's £#%&!/Rio is past it/Ronaldo's in a huff with Tevez/Fergie out...." As mentioned above, there's always some folk who like to moan.

Will Carrick be happy with rotation/bench? Who knows. If he doesn't like it he knows where the door is but I suspect he'll be fine and will soon return to his form towards the end of last season.

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:54 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
That's my point. He's not been as good as last season but he's hardly qualified as piss poor, shit or £#%&!.

What if Utd lose to Arsenal next weekend? Will we have one or two 'formistas' creep out the woodwork and say "I've had my suspicions but Tevez isn't as good as we think/Anderson's £#%&!/Rio is past it/Ronaldo's in a huff with Tevez/Fergie out...." As mentioned above, there's always some folk who like to moan.

Will Carrick be happy with rotation/bench? Who knows. If he doesn't like it he knows where the door is but I suspect he'll be fine and will soon return to his form towards the end of last season.

At last we finally get there!

All I wanted was your opinion in the 1st place

Unread 29-10-2007, 01:54 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

I know, I'm agreeing with you.

Unread 29-10-2007, 03:28 PM
jatin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
we've got a great squad and there's nobody better at managing a squad than fergie.
Not too sure about that. History suggests that it's when he has too many options and starts tinkering that he fails.

Unread 29-10-2007, 03:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatin2
Not too sure about that. History suggests that it's when he has too many options and starts tinkering that he fails.
Really? 'cos as I remember it, we had a really good squad in '99, 4 strikers, plenty of midfield options etc and won a treble.

Unread 29-10-2007, 04:44 PM
jatin2

Quote:
Really? 'cos as I remember it, we had a really good squad in '99, 4 strikers, plenty of midfield options etc and won a treble.
Fair point but it's also worth remembering all the years since then.

Unread 29-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Gazw649

He knocks O'shea down the pecking list for central midfield; therefore we should rejoice he is at our club.

Unread 29-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Fair point but it's also worth remembering all the years since then.
Where he changed a squad of ageing players with a couple of transfers that didn't really work out and when we had no real quality back up in to the squad we have now?

It's amazing that we stayed in the top 3 and won cups during such a big transitional period tbh. Most clubs take a massive nose dive and end being mid table shite for a few years after a prolonged period of success.

Unread 29-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Very clever player and one of the best passers of the ball in the game at the moment. 2 from Him, Anderson, Hargreaves and Scholes should be picked depending on who is performing the best at that moment in time/who the opposition is.

Why the negativity?
yep, it's to be expected though unfortunately. If a player doesn't play for a while and they enjoy the performances of others (Hargy, Anderson) then for some reason the player almost gets written off. It's a strange trail of thought considering people will moan like £#%&! if we don't have enough Midfielders/players in general..

Unread 29-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Where he changed a squad of ageing players with a couple of transfers that didn't really work out and when we had no real quality back up in to the squad we have now?

It's amazing that we stayed in the top 3 and won cups during such a big transitional period tbh. Most clubs take a massive nose dive and end being mid table shite for a few years after a prolonged period of success.
have you heard people refer 99-2006 as the 'dark period'. It's hilarious, I think it's because we didn't win 7 trebles.

Unread 29-10-2007, 05:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
well, i disagree as it happens. but i was thinking more about personnel than tactics: it's hard to think of a player who left united because he wasn't happy. ruud, maybe, but i suspect fergie was more keen to sell than ruud was to leave. until fergie wants rid he's extremely good at keeping a big squad happy and avoiding the kind of crap lehman is pulling at the moment at the arse, or gerrard at anfailed.
Closed Thread