United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Blagger

Talking Arsenal see their arses over RVP

Quote:

"For it not to happen and for supporters not to acknowledge the Manchester United team as they come out would actually boost Robin van Persie's ego.

"I would rather us just acknowledge them and then get on with the game - otherwise the focus will be on Robin van Persie, rather than the Arsenal team, which is what we are supposed to be going there to support.

"Having said that, the reality is he will get a hot reception."
Langton added: "Football is a game of passion and emotion, and there are a large amount of supporters who feel very strongly about the circumstances in which Robin van Persie left.

"We had the seven years of him being injured with us, then he had his one injury-free good season, and at the end of that he decided to leave.

"The statement he came out with when he left, which I think he felt showed he identified with supporters, actually showed how very far removed he was from supporters.

"He completely called it wrong, he did not appreciate how Arsenal supporters felt about him and about the club.

"He alienated himself from supporters by the way in which he brought about his move, that is still felt very strongly by Arsenal supporters and is what is going to generate the response that he is going to get when he comes back on Sunday."

Van Persie has continued his fine goalscoring form this season, chalking up 28 in all competitions and is in line to collect the Premier League's Golden Boot once again.

"He has also not been terribly respectful towards Arsene Wenger, with the celebration after he scored that penalty (against Stoke), when he ran over to the touchline and embraced (Sir) Alex Ferguson," she added.

"It sends out a message that Arsene Wenger has not been the one who brought him to the stage he got to now, recognising who got him to where he is today.

"When he came to us he was a slight persona non grata in Holland, where he had difficulties at Feyenoord. It was a risk buying him, and without question Arsene Wenger has made him into the player he is today."
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...d-8586487.html

Unread 25-04-2013, 12:05 PM
irk

They'll be claret everywhere. As well as vol au vents and the rest of the contents of their hampers.

"Pass me the balsamic giles, van Persie will Bally well get it"

"I can't Julian it has to go the left"

Unread 25-04-2013, 12:16 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger

Bet he's shitting himself.

Quote:
"He has also not been terribly respectful towards Arsene Wenger, with the celebration after he scored that penalty (against Stoke), when he ran over to the touchline and embraced (Sir) Alex Ferguson," she added.
Silly cow should stick to cleaning and cooking. He celebrated a goal WITH HIS MANAGER.

Unread 25-04-2013, 12:19 PM
naes_sean

:cringe:

Unread 25-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Jez Quigley

Default For me

Arsenal are one of the 3 great clubs in England,. along with us and Liverpool ( )

Spurs, Everton, Villa and possibly Chelsea are in the next batch of clubs below that.

They should show a bit more class and accept it was a transfer that happened and just get on with supporting their own team.

Unread 25-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Mr_Ed

Nwaf

Unread 25-04-2013, 01:29 PM
andyroo

Albeit not quite as funny as the scousers' fall from grace, but what is?

Unread 25-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Zorg

So many football fans don't realise that 99% of players don't give a £#%&! about them 99% of the time.

Unread 25-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Unread 25-04-2013, 01:38 PM
irk

Quote:

Bet he's shitting himself.

Silly cow should stick to cleaning and cooking. He celebrated a goal WITH HIS MANAGER.
Awesome gif.

It looks for all the world like a genuine riot until you notice the little old chap at the front that isn't in the least bit troubled by the attempts to get past him. the face though. The sheer animal rage. Undiluted anger. Grrrr. Lemme at em.

Unless there is a secret force field holding them back.

Unread 25-04-2013, 01:41 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Awesome gif.

It looks for all the world like a genuine riot until you notice the little old chap at the front that isn't in the least bit troubled by the attempts to get past him. the face though. The sheer animal rage. Undiluted anger. Grrrr. Lemme at em.

Unless there is a secret force field holding them back.
The funniest bloke is the one the guy in the yellow is climbing all over... face all scrunched up, eyes closed, teeth gritted

Unread 25-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Scabs

They sold him.

yawn.

Unread 25-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

arsenal fans haven't forgiven him

Why would anyone be arsed...

Unread 25-04-2013, 01:44 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
The funniest bloke is the one the guy in the yellow is climbing all over... face all scrunched up, eyes closed, teeth gritted
I think he's spotted half a pie on the floor tbf.

Theyll all good. It's the best line up since that photo with "the living ham".

Unread 25-04-2013, 01:52 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
imagine if van persie scored and celebrated like adebayor

Unread 25-04-2013, 02:03 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I think he's spotted half a pie on the floor tbf.

Theyll all good. It's the best line up since that photo with "the living ham".
They are. Love the guy with the curtains. You can tell by just looking at him that he will have used the phrase 'taking liberties' probably 200 or 300 times that day. All to people who won't return his eye contact for fear of getting involved in a longer conversation.

Pretty sure he uses the word 'manner' on a weekly basis too.

Unread 25-04-2013, 02:06 PM
dodger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
They are. Love the guy with the curtains. You can tell by just looking at him that he will have used the phrase 'taking liberties' probably 200 or 300 times that day. All to people who won't return his eye contact for fear of getting involved in a longer conversation.

Yep. Bet he "turns round" and says stuff to people all the time too.

By the way, as a measure of how childish this all is by the Arsenal fans; I don't remember our fans acting like this when we sold them Silvestre....

MJ Ramone

Quote:
Love the guy with the curtains. You can tell by just looking at him that he will have used the phrase 'taking liberties' probably 200 or 300 times that day.

Jez Quigley

Quote:

My only disappointment is Carrick turning up in a purple top near the end, centre topm bopping away without a care in the world..:shakehead:

Unread 25-04-2013, 02:08 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Yep. Bet he "turns round" and says stuff to people all the time too.

By the way, as a measure of how childish this all is by the Arsenal fans; I don't remember our fans acting like this when we sold them Silvestre....

I think it was them that got narked at that as well.
Closed Thread