United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Sloppy

Default Henry a doubt for Rome

Thierry Henry will not play in the Copa de Final and he is facing a fitness race to be able to appear in the Champions League final in Rome.

The French international suffered a blow to his right knee during the game against Real Madrid and meant that he was unable to play against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in midweek.

According to club medics, Henry has suffered from an anterior cruciate ligament strain in his right knee and is undergoing specific treatment to try and ensure that he can play in Rome against Manchester United.

Four games

Henry will miss the Copa del Rey final against Athletic Club as well as a hat-trick of league games against Villarreal, Mallorca and Osasuna.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/engli...508104927.html

Unread 08-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Switching Off

Not sure thats a good thing. I fancy us against Henry and Etooooo. It's only Messi and their centre mid trio im worried about.

Unread 08-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Rhodzy

I reckon he'll play.

Unread 08-05-2009, 09:48 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Father Christmas

hope he plays

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not sure thats a good thing. I fancy us against Henry and Etooooo. It's only Messi and their centre mid trio im worried about.
Moving Iniesta forward and playing Keita alongside Xavi and Busquets in midfield instead, with Toure in the back 4?

Yes please!

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Grimson

I hope he doesn't play. He can still finish chances.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Moving Iniesta forward and playing Keita alongside Xavi and Busquets in midfield instead, with Toure in the back 4?

Yes please!
Not well up on their squad, know their first team and thats about it. Would be happy with your tactics

tbh, I think we're the better team, i'd make us favourites and im usually ultra cautious. Could still go either way on the night though.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Part 36 Offer

It Kieta plays they might as well give us the trophy now.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not well up on their squad, know their first team and thats about it. Would be happy with your tactics

tbh, I think we're the better team, i'd make us favourites and im usually ultra cautious. Could still go either way on the night though.
That's pretty much what they did against Chelsea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
It Kieta plays they might as well give us the trophy now.
Damn straight, he was £#%&!ing shit the other night. Just awful.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Damn straight, he was £#%&!ing shit the other night. Just awful.

I've watched him a few times, I don't rate him whatsoever.

It's sounds obvious but if we can nulify Iniesta and Xavi we've got a big chance. We've shown before that we can handle Messi and Eto'o.

With Fletcher out, though, I have a feeling that Fergie will play a really attacking team and make them worry about us - especially if both teams are still playing as they are at the moment. We are flying ands they look a bit jaded.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
taff

past-it renault-advertising @#%&!. imo

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
past-it renault-advertising @#%&!. imo

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:35 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Agreed.

Looked anything but this season, he's been brilliant.

And I £#%&!ing hate the @#%&!.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
I've watched him a few times, I don't rate him whatsoever.

It's sounds obvious but if we can nulify Iniesta and Xavi we've got a big chance. We've shown before that we can handle Messi and Eto'o.

With Fletcher out, though, I have a feeling that Fergie will play a really attacking team and make them worry about us - especially if both teams are still playing as they are at the moment. We are flying ands they look a bit jaded.
I'd agree with that.

Just watched the highlights from Tuesday, Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson were fantastic in terms of preventing Song and Fabregas from playing. IT's a £#%&!ing shame that 3 won't be available, Even Xavi and Iniesta would struggle against them IMO.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I'd agree with that.

Just watched the highlights from Tuesday, Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson were fantastic in terms of preventing Song and Fabregas from playing. IT's a £#%&!ing shame that 3 won't be available, Even Xavi and Iniesta would struggle against them IMO.
And to think that Iniesta should be missing the final.

But that's very petty.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

But that's very petty.
Nah, I don't agree with yellow cards for goal celebrations tbh. It just kills some of the fun.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I'd agree with that.

It's a big selection headache for the Big Man.

Despite everyone saying Giggs will be a straight swap for Fletcher, I personally can't see it happening. I don't think the balance would be right with two left footers playing so centrally and I think Giggs is better in a two-man midfield where he has more time and space to exploit gaps.

He might even play Scholes deep, with Carrick and Anderson ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

?

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:54 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

?
Took his shirt off to celebrate his goal and was on a yellow.

Unread 08-05-2009, 10:56 PM
dunk

Quote:

Despite everyone saying Giggs will be a straight swap for Fletcher, I personally can't see it happening. I don't think the balance would be right with two left footers playing so centrally and I think Giggs is better in a two-man midfield where he has more time and space to exploit gaps.

He might even play Scholes deep, with Carrick and Anderson ahead
I was thinking Scholes in tbh, let Carrick, Anderson, Park and Rooney do the running, Scholes to move the ball forward quickly to Ronnie stretching their defence. Would make sense.

It's a damn shame Hargreaves isn't fit either.
Closed Thread