United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:28 AM
dunk

Saha () and Silvestre were missing, I think.

Anyway, we should've kept Forlan and not signed Smith imo, it would've worked better for us imo.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:43 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
lazy? different player to the one i saw. always full marks for effort, atrocious finishing at times. good player but second-tier really. atletico is his level tbh.
I was going disagree with the Lazy summing up although I think that judging Athletico as second tier is a little harsh. Good little outfit imho opinion

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:44 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Think his first goal was a pen against Maccabi Haifa or someone in a thrashing.

first league goal, Villa home, equalising header in a 1-1 (Mellberg had scored for them)

Superb Googling mate

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:46 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I was going disagree with the Lazy summing up although I think that judging Athletico as second tier is a little harsh. Good little outfit imho opinion
exactly - a level below real, barca, united, juve etc in terms of history, expectations, pressure etc. i wasn't saying they're a poor team by any means. actually very good to watch atm.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:51 AM
carlosartorial

I bought half a dozen Forlan keyrings and presented them to my mates as Christmas gifts one year. Got them from the £1 shop for 10p each about 6 months after he'd left.

Great days.

Unread 15-09-2009, 09:51 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
exactly - a level below real, barca, united, juve etc in terms of history, expectations, pressure etc. i wasn't saying they're a poor team by any means. actually very good to watch atm.
I get what your saying, sorry I interpreted second tier as second rate.

Unread 15-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Superb Googling mate
Its not a trick is it?

Knowledge..........

Unread 15-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Mr_Ed

Nomatter how poor he was at times I will always remember the 2 goals at Anfield...

Rememeber Dudek ballsing it up and giving him an open net? Even then I thought he'd miss it...

Unread 15-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Nomatter how poor he was at times I will always remember the 2 goals at Anfield...

Rememeber Dudek ballsing it up and giving him an open net? Even then I thought he'd miss it...

YouTube - Diego Forlan vs. Jerzy Dudek
Ha ha... Forlan almost takes his shirt off then thinks... "yellow card... £#%&! !"

Unread 15-09-2009, 11:01 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I bought half a dozen Forlan keyrings and presented them to my mates as Christmas gifts one year. Got them from the £1 shop for 10p each about 6 months after he'd left.

Great days.
I got a job lot of Lee Sharpe height charts for about 50p after he left. Seemed funny at the time.

Unread 15-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Sloane

he had some beast shots tonight

Unread 15-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
he had some beast shots tonight
all 3 were absolute belters.

He was well unlucky.

Unread 15-09-2009, 10:47 PM
believe

My memory tells me that he wanted to take the pen against Haifi but Keane took the ball off him. Later Keane said that Ruud (or whoever it was was the named penalty taker) and that Forlan shouldn't break his duck that easily. Or was that another game/player?

Unread 16-09-2009, 03:31 AM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
if memory serves...

Ruud was injured or suspended
Rio was injured
Heinze and Ronaldo were at the olympics

Sure there was a couple more too.
Rio was suspended. How could you forget that?

Unread 16-09-2009, 03:43 AM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Vaguely remember that slip against Chelsea. Was it at the opposite end from the Shed End, on the right of the TV screens?
I can still remember it as my old man was going balistic thinking he slipped on purpose so he could get a transfer out.

Unread 16-09-2009, 09:14 AM
borsuk

Question

Quote:
The Uruguay striker, who is set return to England with Atlético Madrid to face Chelsea in the Champions league group stage on 21 October, said: "Ferguson wanted me to play with long studs, the interchangeable ones that suit wet pitches, but I feel more comfortable in short ones.

"I agreed to change but I didn't and, against Chelsea, I slipped in front of goal and wasted a chance.
surely 'forlan got carted because he ignored instructions from fergie and £#%&!ed up as a result' would be a little closer to the truth.
Closed Thread