United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
so eric, zidane and platini have to be there for benzima's unveiling then?
can u smell it?
smells like bullshit to me :£#%&!er:

That is a completely irrelevant comparison. Eusebio didn't make a fraction of the money those players did, and suffered debilitating injuries that robbed him of the ability to do things most people take for granted, starting as early as when he was 35. He was out of football for a long time and struggled to pay his medical bills. There was nothing at all wrong with him being there, and equating what he's been through with the lifestyles Eric, Zidane, and Platini have rightfully earned is ignorant.

Unread 08-07-2009, 06:06 AM
berba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That is a completely irrelevant comparison. Eusebio didn't make a fraction of the money those players did, and suffered debilitating injuries that robbed him of the ability to do things most people take for granted, starting as early as when he was 35. He was out of football for a long time and struggled to pay his medical bills. There was nothing at all wrong with him being there, and equating what he's been through with the lifestyles Eric, Zidane, and Platini have rightfully earned is ignorant.
that is not the point. it was a marketing gimmick.

its like inviting pele for the unveiling of douglas costa ( if we do sign him ). Its totally irrevellant that pele needs the money that will be given to him by united.

Unread 08-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by berba

its like inviting pele for the unveiling of douglas costa ( if we do sign him ). Its totally irrevellant that pele needs the money that will be given to him by united.
Then blame Madrid. Blaming a half-crippled old man is mean-spirited even by the standards of this place.

Unread 08-07-2009, 06:14 AM
berba

Quote:
Then blame Madrid. Blaming a half-crippled old man is mean-spirited even by the standards of this place.
both should be blamed imo.

Unread 08-07-2009, 06:31 AM
d_knight

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Yeah how dare he supplement his pension with some easy money. He did after all play when players were paid 1000s of euros a week. How dare he also turn up to a signing involving one of his country's best talents where he himself is seen like Bobby Charlton. How dare he turn up to support one of his own making good in his country's national rivals? He should get back to working in Lou's Chippy shouldn't he?

that's why my post was in response to

Quote:
where in my post did i mention anything about money or that eusebio shouldn't making money or "equating what he's been through with the lifestyles Eric, Zidane, and Platini have rightfully earned"?

besides, u telling me platini made more money than eusebio playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berba

here's a man who makes sense.
at least he understands what i'm on about.

Quote:
calling the guy names is ok then, eh?

Unread 08-07-2009, 06:38 AM
borsuk

if you expected madrid's 'unveiling' of cristiano ronaldo to be a classy affair then please pm me. i may have an investment opportunity to share with you.

personally i'm surprised they didn't have juan carlos performing a coronation in the centre circle, but maybe they're keeping that one back for the season opener.

Unread 08-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
where in my post did i mention anything about money or that eusebio shouldn't making money or "equating what he's been through with the lifestyles Eric, Zidane, and Platini have rightfully earned"?

Then what's your objection to him being there?

besides, u telling me platini made more money than eusebio playing?

Um, yes. Platini made lots more. He played 15 years later and in the highest paying league in the world at the time in SerieA. You think someone playing for Benfica in 1975 made more money than someone playing for Juventus in 1987? Have you seen the list of clubs Eusebio played for after leaving Benfica? You think Toronto Metros-Croatia outspend Juve?

Get a grip.

Unread 08-07-2009, 07:01 AM
d_knight

Quote:
Then what's your objection to him being there?

did i object to him being there? read again. i was just being cynical towards above poster coz he was being sarcastic about other posters disapproving eusebio being there.

Um, yes. Platini made lots more. He played 15 years later and in the highest paying league in the world at the time in SerieA. You think someone playing for Benfica in 1975 made more money than someone playing for Juventus in 1987? Have you seen the list of clubs Eusebio played for after leaving Benfica? You think Toronto Metros-Croatia outspend Juve?

ha, my bad.
dunno why i think they're similar aged.
is it because eusebio looks youthful or platini looks like an old @#%&!?

and your response to this?

Get a grip.

i am - although my left is tired and i might switch to my right in a minute.
say, how'd u guess?

Unread 08-07-2009, 07:20 AM
Grimson

"i was just being cynical towards above poster coz he was being sarcastic about other posters disapproving eusebio being there."

You could have made that more obvious. Defending the people disapproving of him being there is not that far off disapproving him being there. Especially when it's the middle of the night and I'm tired.

"is it because eusebio looks youthful or platini looks like an old @#%&!?"

Both.

Unread 08-07-2009, 05:23 PM
£#%&! KFC

Eusebio...I say Kiddo

Unread 08-07-2009, 09:36 PM
n48

In my post (as if anyone gives a monkeys ) I was referring to Bobby Charlton's reputation in the country and abroad specifically exclduing those learned fredsters who know the real Bobby Charlton. Anyway Eusebio is a legend in Portugal so he can do what he wants.

Unread 08-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

i'd imagine the Ronaldo unveiling was an exciting event in the daily routine of most of those present

it's bizarre that people who don't support Real want to criticise it tbh

me thinks you protest just a wee bit too much

if you aren't interested don't watch it and don't read about it seems to be the way to go

Unread 08-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13
#@&%!.

Unread 08-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Bral

My old man says Eusebio was the best player he ever saw play in the flesh, nft.

Unread 09-07-2009, 12:21 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
yep pretty sure he was way better than George Best

Unread 09-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
Perv

Unread 09-07-2009, 12:23 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i'd imagine the Ronaldo unveiling was an exciting event in the daily routine of most of those present

it's bizarre that people who don't support Real want to criticise it tbh

me thinks you protest just a wee bit too much

if you aren't interested don't watch it and don't read about it seems to be the way to go
or don't post about it

Unread 09-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Bral

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yep pretty sure he was way better than George Best
Was only saying...

Unread 09-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
or don't post about it
you're confused

it's not me criticising it

what I'm saying I suppose is that hype and anti-hype are fundamentally the same thing

and all this hatred towards Real on here is a back-handed compliment to their appeal

pretty similar to the abu phenomenon in England in fact

Unread 09-07-2009, 12:58 AM
d_knight

reminds me...
Quote:
"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one."
Closed Thread