United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2009, 06:55 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

we bring on a player in extra time and he looks the most tired of the 22 on the pitch and then as a striker cant even manage to score a penalty.
yeah was hilarious

i can't stop doing this face

Horst_ Bucholst

the future looks bright though can see us dominating football for a few years yet with these youngsters coming through.
the fa cup has never been a priority for us since we started winning championships on a regular basis .
two big prizes still to play for not the end of the world is it

Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's played very well, with an energy that has been missing from him all season, but to say he 'nearly scored' is to use a serious dose of poetic license.
Just to confirm Dunk, you have no problem with Anderson right

Unread 19-04-2009, 06:56 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
It was the risk he took. If Berbatov scored that, you'd all think he was cool as fook.

But i can't figure that whole performance out in general. Every decision Fergie made today seemed to be writing off the FA Cup.

Sticking kids out in a semi final;
Electing Rio and Vidic to take penalties over Tevez, Scholes etc.

It looks like he didnt rate the FA cup, didnt want that extra date in the calendar, and sabotaged our chances of winning it. Im not being all dramatic, im not really that arsed to be fair, hope Everton win it.
horse #@&%!.

how do you know tevez didn't bottle it? the only thing that bothered me was fergies insistence on having welbeck on the left when it was obvious his left peg is for standing on.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Why didnt Scholes want to take one???
He is shit at them.

The fact is that for the 2nd consecutive season and for countless other games, the referee didn't have the tesitcles to give us a clear cut penalty as they can't take the media witchhunt that follows it. As scouse as that sounds.

marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
That penalty was a £#%&!ing disgrace. Everton miss, our first pen, time for a statement of intent and an assured finish from an experienced player. Oh no, wait, it's Berbatov, so of course he's going to play silly buggers. Just surprised he didn't take it with the outside of his £#%&!ing foot.

Unread 19-04-2009, 06:57 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
did you think this at the end of last season as well?
No. He did alright, but it was clear he had no pace and a poor first touch then. But since he's had to prove it he hasn't, he's been shit. It's just a shame some hated Berbatov as soon as we signed him. Like Carrick, people have re-wrote history. I remember one forumite saying Zakora would have been a better signing... Tevez has played a lot of football and hasn't delivered this season. Berbatov has done alright, but I'd like to see more from him, can be infuriating 'cos we know what ability he has, but the use of Tevez to beat him with a stick is embarrassing considering Tevez has been £#%&!.

wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

we bring on a player in extra time and he looks the most tired of the 22 on the pitch and then as a striker cant even manage to score a penalty.
you seem upset.

user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Why didnt Scholes want to take one???
He never does

Unread 19-04-2009, 06:58 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
If you swapped him with Smudger you wouldn't of noticed.
On Berbatov I don't know wtf that penalty was, could of played it to the left as Howard dived early, anyway the OTT fans saying he should be sold should stfu.

As I said before it's a kick up the arse to the players, how many cup games have we had that have been decided by us winning a shootout after an abject display. It grinds my gears.
What really baffles me is, the Tevez fan boys also seem to hate Park, the same Park who does what Tevez does, but better, 'cos he holds the ball and has a better first touch. There is a reason why Tevez will probably join a half decent club for about £15m at most this summer.

Unread 19-04-2009, 06:59 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Most tired? He did more than Tevez in the short time he was on
ffs.

Tiberian

Decent performance, the kids all did well, Utd were the better team over at least the first 100 mins, tired slightly as the match went on, but still dealt with everything they produced pretty comfortably.

Riley bottled the penalty decision, he is a weak ref.

Fabio injured again, he and his brother have both suffered a succession of injuries this year, adapting to the very physical prem is no doubt a part of it.

Would have liked to seen Nani on, we lacked a real threat out wide, especially when Gibson went right side. Wellbeck had some good moments, has a lot of potential, a bit coltish still though and playing him on the left made it harder for him.

Anderson was our best player, delighted to see him show high energy levels over 120 mins on a draining pitch.

Tevez frustrates the hell out of me, will never take 1 touch if 15 will suffice. Maybe the support did not come quickly enough, but get your head up and pass the ball quicker. Compare that to Macheda, his attempts at quick interchanges with Wellbeck looked out biggest threat. Showed some good touches, but put an awful lot of effort in early on and went out of the game a little.

We have won a few shoot outs recently, luck was bound to turn at one point but berbatov handing the momentum right back to them was awful. Not just missing it, but the nature of his effort. If ever a penalty summed up what a players doubters believe it was that effort

Everton were awful IMO, little ideas, aimless lumps to Felliani and Co, constant fouls, complete lack of imagination and ambition about their game. Solid enough at the back, but very fortunate that the scheduling and fixture congestion conspired to give them that opportunity.

Gorilla Monsoon

I don't see how anyone could say Macheda had a better game than Tevez. Wellbeck did himself proud definitely, especially playing out of position.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Where is this 'Class' the Berb boys drone on and on about constantly....?

£#%&!ing lazy @#%&! Couldnt even run up to take his penalty....

What does it bother him thought? the vampire faced £#%&! doesnt give a £#%&!...

Never be United.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:00 PM
magic_cantona

£#%&!ing hell, you'd have thought that the FA Cup was the only trophy that we could bank this season the way some are carrying on here.£#%&!ing embarrassing.

We're about to get something like our whole first team back for a title run in.We're in the semi's of the Euro....no, I can't be arsed.

We're £#%&!ing spoiled.

Unread 19-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface
that utter @#%&!ing #@&%! head who probably got out of breath on the run up ever take one, the @#%&! wont even shoot from open play nevermind a £#%&!ing penalty !

Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
That penalty was a £#%&!ing disgrace. Everton miss, our first pen, time for a statement of intent and an assured finish from an experienced player. Oh no, wait, it's Berbatov, so of course he's going to play silly buggers. Just surprised he didn't take it with the outside of his £#%&!ing foot.

Anyway, gutted we're out, absolutely £#%&!ing gutted. Thought everyone played pretty well though, and the defence looking so solid was encouraging.

Is it true we haven't scored a goal in open play at Wembley yet??
Giggs scored one in the community shield if that counts (IMO it doesn't)

Ginners

Quote:
What really baffles me is, the Tevez fan boys also seem to hate Park, the same Park who does what Tevez does, but better, 'cos he holds the ball and has a better first touch. There is a reason why Tevez will probably join a half decent club for about £15m at most this summer.
you keep talking about tevez fanboys, do you not think youre a bit of a berbatov fanboy? has he really done anything this season to warranty a 30 odd million price tag?

tevez was twice the player in his first season, yes he hasnt been great this season. but theres a lot of excuses for him.

both rooney and berbs have played more than him in the league btw.

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
£#%&!ing hell, you'd have thought that the FA Cup was the only trophy that we could bank this season the way some are carrying on here.£#%&!ing embarrassing.

We're about to get something like our whole first team back for a title run in.We're in the semi's of the Euro....no, I can't be arsed.

We're £#%&!ing spoiled.
Try going to a game now and then or owning a season ticket.....

We pay their wages.

They £#%&!ing skived in the Brew room all afternoon...

Rhodzy

Quote:
If Berbs had started today instead of him we would of won.
Ether, Giggs scored in the Charity Shield against Chelsea but thats the only goal.
I hope Everton win the cup tbh, deserve it considering who they have played on the way. Also it's their first cup final for 14 years so they're bound to celebrate a little.
Closed Thread