United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2009, 09:55 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
When I saw anderson shepherd that ball out at the beginning, I thought "hello, he's £#%&!ing back".

and people wonder why i love him more than most of my family.

Unread 15-04-2009, 09:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
We've got another 4pm Sunday and 7.45 Tuesday for the 2nd leg. Surely we'll try and move the Boro game to the Saturday
We've got to. When is it the? The week after next? We have to move that game. It's Wednesday/Saturday/Wednesday for the rest of the season, just can't see us winning 10-13 games tbh.

Unread 15-04-2009, 09:56 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
rooney was superb tonight, he's having a great season and he is close to becoming the complete player now. absolutely brilliant tactically, creative with the ball, disciplined without it. man of the match by a mile, tremendous display.
Rooney was indeed superb. Does he miss the first leg of the semi ???

I wouldn't say he was man of the match by a mile, though. There were a lot of our boys who put in very very solid performances. I would give the bottle of bubbly to Ronaldo for his exquisite goal - it was, afterall, the thing that got us through.

Smeggs

Quote:
When I saw anderson shepherd that ball out at the beginning, I thought "hello, he's £#%&!ing back".

class. and then he just glared at the @#%&!. was so up for it tonight.

we'll devalue the cup on sunday then by playing the seconds

borsuk

Quote:

and then you thought '£#%&!ing pathetic, we've no chance, this is just shit, £#%&!ing £#%&! performance we're going to lose 125-0 here'.

Stickman

Retain [size="2"]retain [size="3"]retain [size="4"]retain [size="5"]retain

Unread 15-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
and then you thought '£#%&!ing pathetic, we've no chance, this is just shit, £#%&!ing £#%&! performance we're going to lose 125-0 here'.
No, not at all.

user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
1-nil yernited

first half goal. Prolly Ronaldo.

Tiberian

Quote:
rooney was superb tonight, he's having a great season and he is close to becoming the complete player now. absolutely brilliant tactically, creative with the ball, disciplined without it. man of the match by a mile, tremendous display.
Think back to that complete idiot Macari complaining about Rooney being stationed wide at the weekend, how well he did on the left hand side.

Rooney had 2 years of being moved around the pitch, specifically so that he would become a tremendously rounded player, both individually and tactically. Fergie received a lot of criticism for that but as ever he has been proven to be correct.

Rooney was outstanding tonight, sealed up that side of the pitch with the underrated O'Shea, great character, great leadership, personal sacrifice for the team.

Unread 15-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We've got to. When is it the? The week after next? We have to move that game. It's Wednesday/Saturday/Wednesday for the rest of the season, just can't see us winning 10-13 games tbh.
29 April & 5 May, we'll need the full squad I reckon

Unread 15-04-2009, 09:59 PM
marlo

if i didnt have company id be digging up an interesting anderson thread from a few weeks back.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
if i didnt have company id be digging up an interesting anderson thread from a few weeks back.
the gibson one

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Ether

Great result, delighted.

Excellent defensively, Rio makes such a difference. O'Shea was brilliant.

Don't think we were that good going forward though. We were solid but quite wasteful imo. Thank £#%&! for Ronnie pulling that out of his arse, because I'm not sure we really looked like scoring otherwise

Oh, and Sky are utter @#%&!s for trying to hype up a 'feud' between Ronnie and Fergie all night. They'd £#%&!ing love that wouldn't they. #@&%!s.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:01 PM
koppas

Quote:
Please do. Can't wait to see it.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Oh, and Sky are utter @#%&!s for trying to hype up a 'feud' between Ronnie and Fergie all night. They'd £#%&!ing love that wouldn't they. #@&%!s.
That interview by Jeff Shreeves then was £#%&!ing out of order, what a @#%&!

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:05 PM
marlo

what happen with ronnie and fergie. im forced to watch £#%&!ing the hills now

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Tiberian

http://www1.uefa.com/live/competitio...808/index.html

Uefa stats on the game. Interesting to note that our top 3 in ground covered were Carrick, Giggs and O'Shea. Though Rooney would be top but no.

Surprised Giggs could still cover that ground at his age on the wing.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
what happen with ronnie and fergie. im forced to watch £#%&!ing the hills now
£#%&! all, but the press and Sky are being @#%&!s.

Fergie told him to stop pissing off referees, they are making out that Fergie has %@#$&!ed Ronaldo and asked him if the %@#$&!ing worked (not in so many words), fergie £#%&!ed them off, then they asked Ronaldo if he was running to the bench to prove a point to someone, and asked him about his attitude to referee's. Just £#%&!ing winding it up. Ronaldo £#%&!ed him off as well.

They are dying for us to £#%&! the lot up.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
http://www1.uefa.com/live/competitio...808/index.html

Uefa stats on the game. Interesting to note that our top 3 in ground covered were Carrick, Giggs and O'Shea. Though Rooney would be top but no.

Surprised Giggs could still cover that ground at his age on the wing.
Very interesting. Especially O'Shea covering a Km more than Paddy

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
We've got another 4pm Sunday and 7.45 Tuesday for the 2nd leg. Surely we'll try and move the Boro game to the Saturday
From Boro website:
Please note: If United qualify for the Champions League semi-finals, this match will revert to its original date of Saturday May 2 but with a 12.45pm kick-off.
Closed Thread