United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Tumescent Throb

Anfield is turning into rent-a-quote er ville or someat

but the journos know that eventually Ferguson will give them something if they keep the story moving

as for Benitez? eventually he'll sus what's going on ie they don't give a £#%&! who he is, United is the story

Wenger got it in the end - took his time though.

Unread 09-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Camel

yep, give him enough rope...

as you say wenger knows the score now hasn't aged well at all. seems to have lost a lot of the fight he once had.

Unread 09-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
yep, give him enough rope...

as you say wenger knows the score now hasn't aged well at all. seems to have lost a lot of the fight he once had.
I think Fergie broke him in the end . He did put up a good fight for a while though.

Unread 09-04-2009, 05:09 AM
borsuk

arsenal will be our main challengers next season imo

it's hard to go head to head with fergie when you're consistently 4th or so and he's winning the lot. next season we'll see the old wenger imo.

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
arsenal will be our main challengers next season imo

it's hard to go head to head with fergie when you're consistently 4th or so and he's winning the lot. next season we'll see the old wenger imo.
The old Wenger has never gone away

He just got pissed off that the story was always United and stopped feeding it so freely

Benitez will eventually catch on if he stays around long enough

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:30 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
...& the fact they had '4' at Craven Cottage didn't they?

I love how teams come to OT & time waste from start to finish - Friedel taking an age to take goal kicks, players going down injured & getting on pitch treatment etc.. not to mention all Subs - & then when the board goes up with 4 or 5 minutes on they have to nerve to imply 'cheating' on OUR part!
@#%&!s.

I swear to God, despite how poor we've been at times this season, this may well be the sweetest Title yet if we land the £#%&!er.
It always makes me laugh that the injury time is to our advantage. Wasn't it a draw? Didn't Villa desperately need to win that game too? The match is there to be won by both sides.
They'd had the better of the play and the chances, they could've opened out and tried to win it too. The goal came 2 minutes into the 5. So it was actually the last 3 of the 5 that Villa needed.

The cheating bastards.

And as you say, a sea of time wasting (which the referee acknowledges with watch pointing), all three subs made by both sides (that's 3 mins right there) and then they have the audacity to complain when they aren't allowed to get away with it. 4 minutes is pretty standard time at the end of any game these days since the introduction of 30 seconds for the subs. Besides, who cares? Just deal with it. If you can't survive for an extra 30 seconds to a minute then I think that says more about you than the ref.

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Tumescent Throb

Great point JC

In fact Villa actually needed to win more than United did

How adding an extra 5 minutes on to a game that they were supposedly out-playing us in becomes United bias £#%&! only knows

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
It always makes me laugh that the injury time is to our advantage. Wasn't it a draw? Didn't Villa desperately need to win that game too? The match is there to be won by both sides.
They'd had the better of the play and the chances, they could've opened out and tried to win it too. The goal came 2 minutes into the 5. So it was actually the last 3 of the 5 that Villa needed.

The cheating bastards.

And as you say, a sea of time wasting (which the referee acknowledges with watch pointing), all three subs made by both sides (that's 3 mins right there) and then they have the audacity to complain when they aren't allowed to get away with it. 4 minutes is pretty standard time at the end of any game these days since the introduction of 30 seconds for the subs. Besides, who cares? Just deal with it. If you can't survive for an extra 30 seconds to a minute then I think that says more about you than the ref.
Spot on.

I've always found it ridiculous, whingeing about injury time. As if the previous 90 minutes didn't count. Is only one team allowed to attack in injury time? Villa should have been at least 3-1 up anyway, they weren't, their fault, bye.

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:48 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Great point JC

How adding an extra 5 minutes on to a game that they were supposedly out-playing us in becomes United bias £#%&! only knows
Exactly my point. We took a huge risk at 2-2. We decided it was more important to win than worry about losing. This gave Villa a great chance to hit us on the break. A chance that was never out of their reach. They could've easily won it themselves.

I can't believe that Liverpool would have the audacity to whinge about injury time after all their late shows this season. I never complain about injury time. You can only admire a team who keeps scoring late on (actually, you can hate them too, but you get my point). I'd curse their name, but never call them lucky. Chelsea do it, we do it, Liverpool do it, Tiger Woods holes the final shot from 18 feet to win it. It's what winners do. Liverpool have impressively done it often enough themselves, you think they'd know the same qualities when they saw them.

Unread 09-04-2009, 11:50 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Great point JC

any decision short of burning down old trafford is media evidence of united bias and fergie's evil ming-like influence over the authorities. you should know that
Closed Thread