United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Tiger
SSN breaking news - Villa appeal Friedel red card.
Is that so?

Unread 23-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Tiger

Gonna go back to jinxing/slating Rooney and co after the International break. BTW, I reckon that prat will come into his top top form now he's reunited with his best mate Emile Heskey.

Unread 23-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Whalefish

Wibble.

Unread 23-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Withers

Looks like everybody else skim reads your posts Grimmers.

Unread 23-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Looks like everybody else skim reads your posts Grimmers.
tbh I'm happy they get even that much attention.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Withers

Guess what.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Grimson

Has it definitely been rescinded?

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:25 PM
regholdsworth

yes just on radio!

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Nero

How £#%&!ing predictable. This is me now

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Grimson

Well, we shouldn't need favors. Liverpool put 4 past him, and so did we two seasons ago.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Neon Tiger

I expected it and you should have aswell, Nero.

It's all getting very familiar isn't it, everyone is against us and I hope it serves as further motivation for the players.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:34 PM
naes_sean

£#%&!ing %@#$&!s.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Neon Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Well, we shouldn't need favors. Liverpool put 4 past him, and so did we two seasons ago.
He still had a great game in that 4-1 game, we were just relentless though and actually played as a team back then which might have something to do with putting out the same team pretty much every week bar 1 or 2 changes and not 5 or 6 like it has been this season.

If Friedel actually does have to make saves then that is progress from our last 2 utterly abject performances bar one little cross from Ronaldo which Park £#%&!ed up and then Rooney forced a decent stop from Schwarzer.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:35 PM
naes_sean

skysports:

Quote:
Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel's appeal against the red card he received against Liverpool has been successful.

Friedel was sent off during the second half of Villa's 5-0 defeat at Anfield on Sunday after bringing down Liverpool striker Fernando Torres in the box.

The American was shown a straight red card by referee Martin Atkinson, but after the match Friedel told Sky Sports of his disappointment with the decision.

He said at the time: "I just stood my ground, and as the cameras show I turned my shoulders to show that I didn't try to make contact. He is the one who ran in and made contact with me.

"Does he have an argument for a penalty? Sure. Does he have an argument for a booking? Sure. But sending off is very harsh considering he had a defender alongside him."

Villa lodged an appeal on Monday with the Football Association and a disciplinary panel has overturned the dismissal.

The decision means Friedel will not have to serve a one-match suspension and is free to play in Villa's next game at Premier League leaders Manchester United on Sunday 5th April, live on Sky Sports 1 & HD1.

Meanwhile, Villa full-back Wilfred Bouma played 90 minutes for the reserves on Monday night as he continues his recovery from a dislocated ankle.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:38 PM
borsuk

not what we should be worrying about

villa have been on their last legs for a while. the bad luck for us isn't friedel getting the card rescinded - it was never a red anyway - but the fact we have to play villa after they've just had a two week rest. they were shattered against the vermin, while we looked stronger the longer the match went on against fulham. with the international break there's every chance that we'll be playing the villa that was challenging for second not so long ago, not the villa that hasn't won for months.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:39 PM
dodger

Well, you have to

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:42 PM
MJ Ramone

It's easy to forget how many pens Liverpool have had this season (funnily enough the vast majority of them won by Steven Gerrard. Hmm) ...not to mention how many times they've had the luxury of playing against ten men.

I wonder if we'd had such good fortune a few of the hacks might have done a little article or ten about it?

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:48 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not what we should be worrying about

villa have been on their last legs for a while. the bad luck for us isn't friedel getting the card rescinded - it was never a red anyway - but the fact we have to play villa after they've just had a two week rest. they were shattered against the vermin, while we looked stronger the longer the match went on against fulham. with the international break there's every chance that we'll be playing the villa that was challenging for second not so long ago, not the villa that hasn't won for months.
I doubt it. I think it's more than just tiredness. Even if the tiredness is the only factor, their confidence will be shot to pieces.

Not taking anything for granted, ofcourse, but I'd be surprised if all was peachy again for them just because of a little break.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:51 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
with the international break there's every chance that we'll be playing the villa that was challenging for second not so long ago, not the villa that hasn't won for months.
I think that's almost guaranteed.

I'm convinced we'll bottle this now, so I’ve very little hope of us managing three points against Villa. Expect more tantrums from Ronaldo, Berbatov acting like he's taking a stroll in the park and our defence to commit hari kari at any given opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It's easy to forget how many pens Liverpool have had this season (funnily enough the vast majority of them won by Steven Gerrard. Hmm) ...not to mention how many times they've had the luxury of playing against ten men.

I wonder if we'd had such good fortune a few of the hacks might have done a little article or ten about it?
Oh no, those loveable scousers don't get any decisions though. Only mean old Manchester United, who cheat in every game and have the backing of the FA, UEFA, FIFA and the Illuminati. And Stevie G doesn't cheat like those nasty foreigner – how dare you suggest such a thing! He's just "cleaver" at "winning" penalties.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:52 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

I don't think Liverpool have been particularly lucky or unlucky this season. They're about where they deserve to be.

If they win the league, it'll be because we £#%&!ed up and they took full advantage.
Closed Thread