United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 20-08-2023, 02:04 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Still no excuse for the lack of effort. He is a nothing player.
A nothing player who was comfortably our most productive player last season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
It’s the slapped arse thing that I can’t take. He’s the highest paid player at the club (I’m guessing). He needs to stand up and have a proper go at it regardless of where he’s playing or whether it’s going well for him. Show some £#%&!ing metal. Not everything has to be perfect for him to put in the effort.

Agreed

Unread 20-08-2023, 02:04 PM
Boring Dave

The main problem with Rashford is that as soon as he gets the ball, I have complete confidence the opposition will have it back within seconds. Im rarely disappointed.

Unread 20-08-2023, 02:10 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

That in itself tells you all about the state of our current squad. He wouldn't get a look in at a top club.

Unread 20-08-2023, 02:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Rashford will be absolutely fine once he's playing in his natural position on the left of a front 3.

He clearly isn't comfortable in the centre-forward role, and has said as much. He's one of the most effective attackers in Europe from the left.

He's the least of our (many) problems.
nothing further really needs to be said on this topic.

despite the overall performance yesterday, the two moments that had me off my seat were rashford. I mean the ones where I wasn't off my seat shaking my fist. and... no... I don't have a tv in the downstairs lav.

accepting mediocrity? gtf.

Unread 20-08-2023, 02:11 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

That in itself tells you all about the state of our current squad. He wouldn't get a look in at a top club.
Rubbish. Think he’s the one player we’ve got most other top clubs would want.

Unread 20-08-2023, 02:13 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Rubbish. Think he’s the one player we’ve got most other top clubs would want.
Yeah

Unread 20-08-2023, 02:15 PM
jem

quote holocaust.

Unread 20-08-2023, 03:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
He is a nothing player.
Another example of the silly rhetorical inflation we too often see on here.

The problem with Rashford is that when he is poor, he *is* poor. But to claim that is all there is to him is simply dishonest.

Unread 20-08-2023, 03:11 PM
suedeshoes

People who state that he's shit haven't got a £#%&!ing clue.

He's one of the best forwards in the world.

Unread 20-08-2023, 03:21 PM
Sparky***

He hasn't got the intelligence, awareness, touch or strength to play as a centre forward. Everyone knows this. Why on earth we persist with this nonsense is beyond me. It would literally be more productive to play Bruno up there as a false 9 at this stage, at least he would be aware of other players around him.

Rashford had a very good season last year, there's no chance he's hitting similar numbers this season.

Unread 20-08-2023, 03:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

He’s very much a player who can be top class on the left wing . He is also a confidence player and when he is down nothing goes right from him.

I think it’s fair to expect more from him even slightly out of position when you’re a top earner. A bit more effort wouldn’t go amiss, in the first two games he seems to have just let the game go by .

That being said he clearly is talented , much like the rest of the squad they’re not fully match sharp. You can tell. He had only 200 of pre season mins. Of course the club is to blame for that but rashford is a talented player. Much like the 8 or 9 others we just need them to get going and inject a bit of confidence into them.

Unread 20-08-2023, 03:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He hasn't got the intelligence, awareness, touch or strength to play as a centre forward. Everyone knows this. Why on earth we persist with this nonsense is beyond me. It would literally be more productive to play Bruno up there as a false 9 at this stage, at least he would be aware of other players around him.

Rashford had a very good season last year, there's no chance he's hitting similar numbers this season.
Not everyone mate.

Olelegend99 or whatever he's called has got very upset indeed when i've mentioned this in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
People who state that he's shit haven't got a £#%&!ing clue.

He's one of the best forwards in the world.

Top 50?

Unread 20-08-2023, 03:55 PM
AK14

First Bruno, now Rashford…

Problem is he’s being played out of position because the people above the manager decided we only needed to buy one striker and that striker is currently injured.

Once played on the left he’ll be back to his best.

Unread 20-08-2023, 04:15 PM
shenwen

Rashford coming in from the left was electric at times last season. Play him there, he'll be great. We just need to hurry the £#%&! up getting it done.

Quote:

Unread 20-08-2023, 04:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
quote holocaust.

Unread 20-08-2023, 07:00 PM
Furry Russian hats

His lack of effort and smacked arse demeanour are totally unacceptable. Wouldn’t of got anywhere near any of our top sides, not sure he realises that though

Unread 20-08-2023, 07:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
Wouldn’t of got anywhere near any of our top sides, not sure he realises that though
sure, but then nor would haaland, mbappe or kane. it's not really a fair standard by which to judge any current player.

Unread 20-08-2023, 07:11 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
quote holocaust.

Absolutely no idea what’s happened there but cba even trying to sort that catastrophe out.

Unread 21-08-2023, 07:54 AM
Coracao

He's far too inconsistent to be considered a 'world class' player. Can be a very good player on his day, but there are far too many peaks and troughs. Which is what separates the good from the great. When he is poor, he can be really bad. More worrying this season is how he comes across from an attitude perspective. Hopefully a move back to the left will result in him upping his game.

Unread 21-08-2023, 08:34 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He's far too inconsistent to be considered a 'world class' player. Can be a very good player on his day, but there are far too many peaks and troughs. Which is what separates the good from the great. When he is poor, he can be really bad. More worrying this season is how he comes across from an attitude perspective. Hopefully a move back to the left will result in him upping his game.
100% this. World class players don’t turn in bafflingly bad performances regularly during their peak years. I appreciate it’s not his favoured position, but come on - we’re not asking him to play £#%&!ing left back. He’s not rigidly stuck up front. After the season he’s had, the full summer off, he should he flying out of the blocks and he’s been piss poor in both games. You could even somewhat forgive that if he was at least working his arse off, but he isn’t . Few vids doing the rounds of his pressing flaws and him simply not closing down quickly enough. That’s got nothing to do with his position either because the whole forward line has to do it.

He’ll improve and he’ll score plenty from that left side when his confidence is up, I’m sure, but to be truly considered top bracket, his performances and work rate need to be far more consistent.

And that can be said for a lot of them.