Send the miserable @#%&! to Paris 16 21.62%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2017, 10:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Disagree.

Gibson, cleverly, anderson, (old)park, 40 yr old giggs, back from retirement, partially frozen solid scholes? All carried by carrick.

They used to be called the donut on here. It was a famously poor midfield. With young on the left, Valencia on the right, and nani, the king of weaklings filling in.

It was a side punching light years above its weight.

I don't have a point. Other than to say Jose's tactics are cowardly.
He will be given time -and rightly so-, but the tide is starting to turn. None of us can speak for all the support, but I think we all know deep down that we just want a team that we can be proud of that fights for the shirt. Personally, I’d rather lose giving it a real go than win scabby second rate trophies playing boring, safety first football and taking no risk. That’s not the United I know.

Unread 05-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He will be given time -and rightly so-, but the tide is starting to turn. None of us can speak for all the support, but I think we all know deep down that we just want a team that we can be proud of that fights for the shirt. Personally, I’d rather lose giving it a real go than win scabby second rate trophies playing boring, safety first football and taking no risk. That’s not the United I know.

This

Unread 05-11-2017, 11:42 PM
andyroo

I thought I'd be cool with winning while playing scabby second-rate football. Would still like a chance to find out.

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:07 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He is the biggest idiot on the forum tbf.
What a zinger, that's me told.

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:11 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I thought I'd be cool with winning while playing scabby second-rate football. Would still like a chance to find out.
Yes, playing the "Mourinho way" and still not winning was never likely to be overburdened with admirers.

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Clarkie

We're 2nd in the league to a City side that are in blistering form.
Scored more goals than anyone else other than City.
Pretty much in the knockout stages of the CL
QF's of the League Cup.
Unbeaten at home in 36 games, two short of a club record.

His results against the top 4 are £#%&!ing grim and sometimes his tactics are hard to watch and his £#%&!ing flirtatious ways with PSG are cringe

As frustrating as today was, we're in better shape right now with him, then we were under Moyes and LvG. That's just a fact.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He's definitely trying to work with what he's got and promote youth if it's good enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No player has been given a prolonged run. In fact has anyone from the academy even played a single minute in the league this season?

As myth busting goes, it's hardly stronger evidence is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Bizzare that the argument seems to be that mou will be judged to be a success or not based on whether he brings players through from the academy

Quote:
It's just that Lukaku is a far more long term solution and, especially under a manager such as Mourinho, it's hard to see Rashford, Lukaku and Martial playing together on anything like a regular basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

I don't know where people's heads are these days. No perspective whatsoever. Starting the season with just Rashford and Martial up front

ffs

I remember a time when people on here were able to actually follow a discussion, let alone contribute to it.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:04 AM
Clarkie

Quote:

ffs

I remember a time when people on here were able to actually follow a discussion, let alone contribute to it.
You basically said no one from the academy has played a minute of league football this season

Rashford is from the academy

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:08 AM
AK14

Quote:
If we're ok with losing but having a go then let's just get Moyes back... (jokes)

For me I want to see united progress and improve and under Mourinho we have, so far. The football at times is tedious, but he has to be given time to build his own side and see where we go

His signings have mostly been a success so far (Mikki is debatable) and clearly has a 'type' he goes for that fits into how he likes to play (some don't like it, I get that). Unlike lvg (who I was willing to give time, just like Mou) who had a scatter gun approach when signing players and left us with quite a bit of duds along the way, some of which never even fitted into his style of play.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:09 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
You basically said no one from the academy has played a minute of league football this season

Rashford is from the academy
And we all know who is responsible for that

I remember being slated for saying Rashford was lucky to break through when he did as 6 months later it wouldn't have happened.

Truth hurts.

Wonder if after another shocking footballing display we might be able to have a decent discussion about the team

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:15 AM
armchair

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory_syndrome

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:17 AM
Cream

Brand Siders stronger than ever?

Stock certainly on the rise.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Don't mean to diss Fred, pal. Just too many strawmen for one evening.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:22 AM
Buck

Siders on the storm

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:28 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
And we all know who is responsible for that

I remember being slated for saying Rashford was lucky to break through when he did as 6 months later it wouldn't have happened.

Truth hurts.

Wonder if after another shocking footballing display we might be able to have a decent discussion about the team
Not really. It is true. Only injures got him into the team. He's lucky Martial injured himself that night.
Mourinho wouldn't have given him his chance. As I said the other day, when tasked about bringing the league back, it's difficult to start bloodling youngsters, especially in today's league

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:31 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Not really. It is true. Only injures got him into the team. He's lucky Martial injured himself that night.
Mourinho wouldn't have given him his chance. As I said the other day, when tasked about bringing the league back, it's difficult to start bloodling youngsters, especially in today's league
Overlooks one key element, which is that the manager at the time (iirc) was one who opts against overloading on squad players and prefers to work with a small senior group, as he likes to rely on the academy to provide depth. Had it not been Rashford, it would have been Will Keane.

So no accident in terms of approach to youth development.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:37 AM
AK14

Quote:
Overlooks one key element, which is that the manager at the time (iirc) was one who opts against overloading on squad players and prefers to work with a small senior group, as he likes to rely on the academy to provide depth. Had it not been Rashford, it would have been Will Keane.

So no accident in terms of approach to youth development.
Tbf wasn't Will Keane ahead of Rashford in the pecking order and it was only when Keane got injured did Rashers move up a slot

Imagine thinking Will Keane had more potential than Rashford

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:44 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbf wasn't Will Keane ahead of Rashford in the pecking order and it was only when Keane got injured did Rashers move up a slot

Imagine thinking Will Keane had more potential than Rashford

Not today, buddy.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:59 AM
utd99

Quote:

Not today, buddy.
Seeing Mourinho come in for some criticism -even from forumistas who wanted him in- for our recent form/results is quite encouraging tbh. It shows that most on here still favour United over their pet projects.

Unread 06-11-2017, 02:16 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Seeing Mourinho come in for some criticism -even from forumistas who wanted him in- for our recent form/results is quite encouraging tbh. It shows that most on here still favour United over their pet projects.
Suspect they still believe in him though. Despite being in the Autumn of his second season, us being 2nd and not playing that well.

Sounds familiar, tbh.
Closed Thread