United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2016, 09:55 PM
redhegemony

Default Smallingbauer

Today pretty much confirmed the opinion that he really isn't good enough to be a first choice centre back. That means we need 2 top quality centre halves. Where will we find them?

Unread 21-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Today pretty much confirmed the opinion that he really isn't good enough to be a first choice centre back. That means we need 2 top quality centre halves. Where will we find them?
Have faith in our Lord & Saviour, El Jose.

(I might be £#%&!ing £#%&!ered)

Unread 21-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Have faith in our Lord & Saviour, El Jose.

(I might be £#%&!ing £#%&!ered)

Unread 21-05-2016, 10:05 PM
chooch

Top avatar bants

Unread 21-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Pop

He's a nothing player and always has been. He just plays alongside people who are slightly more #@&%!ed than him.

He'd get nowhere near the starting lineup in a decent team.

Unread 21-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Sparky***

Our problem isn't smalling - it's the constant 1v1 defensive situations we leave our defenders in. Bolaise and Zaha isolated our full backs time after time. We have no defensive minded midfielders to help. You push your centre backs up so they're in the other teams half and you put immense pressure on them to win every challenge or you're £#%&!ed on the break.

This is a team problem not just smalling.

Unread 21-05-2016, 11:32 PM
BarryX

We need one experienced, top class centre back at least. 29-31 years old. Maybe get Varane in as well, but definitely we need a wise head back there. Our biggest failure in the transfer market was not replacing Vidic with a like for like, slightly younger player.

(edit: Chiellini - would fit the bill, had to check how to spell his name).

Unread 22-05-2016, 01:16 AM
Clarkie

He is an absolute £#%&!ing idiot....No arguments there...

But, go back and look at their set pieces...He was covering for players, who weren't marking their men. He's not the greatest but, I'd rather him at the club than Jones

Unread 22-05-2016, 03:56 AM
Tumescent Throb

he's a total £#%&!wit.

Unread 22-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Sapien

His limitations are clear to see but the second yellow was a sacrifice akin to Ole's vs Newcastle.

Unread 22-05-2016, 08:30 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
His limitations are clear to see but the second yellow was a sacrifice akin to Ole's vs Newcastle.
He didn't need to rush into him - he doesn't think quickly enough.

Unread 22-05-2016, 08:57 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Our problem isn't smalling - it's the constant 1v1 defensive situations we leave our defenders in. Bolaise and Zaha isolated our full backs time after time. We have no defensive minded midfielders to help. You push your centre backs up so they're in the other teams half and you put immense pressure on them to win every challenge or you're £#%&!ed on the break.

This is a team problem not just smalling.
Southern softarse sympathy alert

Good job it wasn't Bojak

Unread 22-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
well according to the bbc his 1st one stopped an actual goal

Unread 22-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
well according to the bbc his 1st one stopped an actual goal
Red card then.

No excuse for his decision making, but physically he has dropped a level over the season. I do not know if he is carrying an injury, or more probably the strain of starting 55 games when his previous high was early 30's, but he is not moving as smoothly or winning the physical duels as easily.

Could do with a rest in the Summer.

Unread 22-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Red card then.

No excuse for his decision making, but physically he has dropped a level over the season. I do not know if he is carrying an injury, or more probably the strain of starting 55 games when his previous high was early 30's, but he is not moving as smoothly or winning the physical duels as easily.

Could do with a rest in the Summer.
hope he plays 2 games a day then.

Unread 22-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Grimson

Quote:
He had Blind covering 20 yards behind him

Unread 22-05-2016, 03:31 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He had Blind covering 20 yards behind him

...in a 1 v 2 situation.

Took one for the team nqat

Unread 22-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
...in a 1 v 2 situation.
60 yards from goal, with the player ostensibly in possession still struggling to get to his feet and another defender just two steps behind him recovering, and the world's best goalkeeper waiting.

I'd take that situation and play on with 11 players any day.

Unread 22-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
60 yards from goal, with the player ostensibly in possession still struggling to get to his feet and another defender just two steps behind him recovering, and the world's best goalkeeper waiting.

I'd take that situation and play on with 11 players any day.
it's the most ridiculously amateurish professional foul i've ever seen, especially in a major game anyway.

Unread 22-05-2016, 03:59 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's the most ridiculously amateurish professional foul i've ever seen, especially in a major game anyway.
He's a dimwit. His one on one defending has improved, but it's only one aspect of a centre back's game, the rest doesn't read very well. Unintelligent, awful on the ball and a terrible organiser.

Not good enough I'm afraid.
Closed Thread