United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:03 PM
legendary saf

Default Rio v Torres

Rio needs to be on his game, stop Torres and we can stop Liverpool, their only decent forward.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:04 PM
waynes ear's

cheers for that insight

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:05 PM
chorleyred

aren't these in the bottom 3 in the french league?

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:07 PM
chorleyred

no actually they are 3 pts clear of the relegation zone now

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:09 PM
legendary saf

Regardless of tonight, hes their best forward and what theyve been missing in games against us, if Rio plays well we have a chance of getting something from this game.

Hopefully the ref wont be feeling like giving Liverpool cheap penalties.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

i fear crouch more

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Regardless of tonight, hes their best forward and what theyve been missing in games against us, if Rio plays well we have a chance of getting something from this game.

Hopefully the ref wont be feeling like giving Liverpool cheap penalties.

You are one serious, serious #@&%!.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

I get the feeling you seriously seriously believe that

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
woody78

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
i fear crouch more
agreed
I think Rio is suited to play against fast players

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:17 PM
dunk

I see your point.

Rio has consistently struggled against fast attackers like Henry, and Drogba scores for fun against us....

Oh, wait, neither of those players ever really makes an impact against us, and a soft @#%&! like Torres certainly won't. Plus, he doesn't usually thrive when they resort to long ball tactics, as they always do against us.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:17 PM
legendary saf

Quote:

When was the last time we went to Anfield and dominated them? This is their strongest side for years, I saw your post in the other thread thinking it'll be a cakewalk. Overconfidence which will most likely come back to bite you in the arse.

A draw would be a great result for us.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:21 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
When was the last time we went to Anfield and dominated them? This is their strongest side for years, I saw your post in the other thread thinking it'll be a cakewalk. Overconfidence which will most likely come back to bite you in the arse.

are you on a wu?

a draw would be a result i'd take, but how the £#%&! is a draw ever a great result?

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:24 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
are you on a wu?

a draw would be a result i'd take, but how the £#%&! is a draw ever a great result?
Because this is their biggest game in the league for ages and their last home game against a title contender.

Not winning is disastrous to them with away games at United Chelsea and Arsenal coming up.

So yeah, a draw would be a great result for us.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Because this is their biggest game in the league for ages and their last home game against a title contender.

Not winning is disastrous to them with away games at United Chelsea and Arsenal coming up.

It's our biggest game for ages too

who gives a £#%&! what it is to them, it's not about them if we do our job properly

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Alan

Quote:

What has history got to do with anything?

United will be playing a completely different midfield 2 to last time we played them, and will be playing a different front pairing too.

No team is going to dominate a team with Anderson and Hargreaves in it's midfield, certainly not that shower of dogshit diarrhoea.

There's absolutely £#%&!all to fear from those @#%&!s, which makes me think you're either on an attention seeking WUM, or are just plain stupid.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
It's our biggest game for ages too
I wouldnt say so

We'll finish them off at Old Trafford in March hopefully if it isnt over by then.

Quote:
who gives a £#%&! what it is to them, it's not about them if we do our job properly
TBH they're at home, and no doubt are favourites.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:30 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
There's absolutely £#%&!all to fear from those @#%&!s.
And i'm the one whos stupid?

Your hate for Liverpool is clouding your judgement.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

We are a better team than liverpool, therefore anything over than a win would be a disappointing result, although dropping points there is not disastrous.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:31 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
I wouldnt say so

We'll finish them off at Old Trafford in March hopefully if it isnt over by then.

TBH they're at home, and no doubt are favourites.

I can't think of any bigger game we've had recently, and I include Arse and chelsea in that if you want to go back months

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Alan

Quote:
And i'm the one whos stupid?

Your hate for Liverpool is clouding your judgement.
Yes, you are stupid. Shall we bump some threads to prove it?

I hate Liverpool, however I am also able to objectively comment on the fact that United are a far better team than them.

Football is a funny old game, as they say, but to suggest a draw is the best United can hope for is pretty stupid, and also gay.
Closed Thread