United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Tiberian

Giving Roma a chance to get revenge is seems. Getting smashed would be quite embarrassing, so I am surprised a few more experienced type are not going, but then it is only really VDS, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Giggs, Anderson Ronaldo and Tevez absent.

Good chance for the likes of Pique, he should be more comfortable in a game like this than against the likes of Bolton. Important for Saha as well, while he has not been playing well, these last few games are helping him. Nani could do with a performance as well.

Unread 11-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Luffy

I reckon our team will do well, I like it when we throw some kids in, reminds me of the year the class of 92 broke through. Will be interesting at least.

I would like to see Evans partner Pique in the middle, they're both highly rated prospects, as likely to make it as any of our reserves and have partnered each other before. Partnering calamity Brown probably wouldnt benefit them imo, probably shake them up to be fair.

Hopefully Brown is just travelling to sit on the bench, he isnt short of games with Neville being out.

My choice:

Simpson - Evans - Pique - O'Shea

Eagles - Fletch - Carrick - Nani

Saha - Rooney

Unread 11-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
I reckon our team will do well, I like it when we throw some kids in, reminds me of the year the class of 92 broke through. Will be interesting at least.

I would like to see Evans partner Pique in the middle, they're both highly rated prospects, as likely to make it as any of our reserves and have partnered each other before. Partnering calamity Brown probably wouldnt benefit them imo, probably shake them up to be fair.

Hopefully Brown is just travelling to sit on the bench, he isnt short of games with Neville being out.

My choice:

Simpson - Evans - Pique - O'Shea

Eagles - Fletch - Carrick - Nani

Saha - Rooney
The current young lads are no where near as good as the lads who made it from 92.

Calamity Brown, on present form Evans has taken that mantle. Would be nice to see him turn his season round now though when given a chance, otherwise he'll no doubt be shipped out on loan in January.

Be a good experience for the younger lads.

Unread 11-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
The current young lads are no where near as good as the lads who made it from 92.

Calamity Brown, on present form Evans has taken that mantle. Would be nice to see him turn his season round now though when given a chance, otherwise he'll no doubt be shipped out on loan in January.

Be a good experience for the younger lads.
didnt say they were, just said I like throwing kids in and seeing how they cope. learn a lot that way. Brown is horrible in the middle, see how as soon as Rio went off and brown came inside vs Derby we conceded right away? he's leaky and he aint a leader.

its always tough for young defenders to step in alongside a new partner who they dont know very well and who doesnt speak much. a familiar duo would be much better than an experienced player watching over a youngster.

and if you're going to throw the kids in and throw caution to the wind, might as well do it properly. none of this playing them out of position or in a completely new team who hasnt played together before rubbish. neither circumstance bodes well. you want as much familiarity over the park as you can get.

Unread 11-12-2007, 08:43 PM
MUFC One Love

Who gives a £#%&!?

We have won the group. It's a great chance to give players games who need them and a great experience for Nani etc.

The result is irrelevant.

If we played a decent team we could still lose and get injuries and people would be crying.

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Can't you read?
not if i start typing the question before the answer is up. can't you think?

i doubt roma will be any more up for it than we. a dull 0-0 is what i'd expect.

Unread 11-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Brown is horrible in the middle, see how as soon as Rio went off and brown came inside vs Derby we conceded right away? he's leaky and he aint a leader.
So that was Brown's fault and not VDS coming flying of his line, when he'd have made an easy save had he stayed on his line.

I agree though, Brown is not the best centre back.
Closed Thread