United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep.

As we've mentioned in the LVG debates (promise I'm not starting anything.... .... )
: his players, his style. His team. And it's f***ing awful. At this point, he's completely responsible

There were (unreasonable) expectations that they'd be pushing for top four and they find themselves in a relegation battle. Nothing unreasonable about his sacking though.

Bilic will be gone soon too.

Not convinced at all by Eddie Howe. Seems comfortable in a very small pond.

He'd be a big, Martinez-esque gamble. They have a very uninspiring squad. I think they need someone a little more pragmatic.
So the club sell the centre forward and replace him with about twelve slow no10 players, and it's completely Koeman's fault it's shite?

Again, he's an average manager. But the refusal to look beyond the coach when recruitment is so patently an issue is strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Big Sean has swooped into favourite with William hill
Yep. Will make them "hard to beat" etc. Living the dream

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

howe is a good coach ffs. he's got bournemouth to the premier league and kept them there. he's been successful over a period of about 10 years. fair enough it's the same club but it's not one promotion or a couple of seasons we're talking about. game's not about percentages or lumping it either.

he'd be a good shout but you've got to get off to a flyer and keep it going otherwise you won't get two full seasons...

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:42 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
So the club sell the centre forward and replace him with about twelve slow no10 players, and it's completely Koeman's fault it's shite?

Again, he's an average manager. But the refusal to look beyond the coach when recruitment is so patently an issue is strange.

Koeman seemed to just accept it during the summer. He should've taken responsibility and didn't.

How much did they spend on Sigurdsson again

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:43 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
howe is a good coach ffs. he's got bournemouth to the premier league and kept them there. he's been successful over a period of about 10 years. fair enough it's the same club but it's not one promotion or a couple of seasons we're talking about. game's not about percentages or lumping it either.

he'd be a good shout but you've got to get off to a flyer and keep it going otherwise you won't get two full seasons...
You'll be lucky to get 2 full months now a days.
Howe will need time so i'm not sure they would go for him.
Not sure they have enough pull to get Ancelotti
Rodgers wouldn't surprise me, probably the highest level team he could go to in the premier league

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:44 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:45 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

Howe's done a cracking job (Dyce had a good base to work from because of him imo). They've defo slowed down the last years, a lot of his signings haven't worked out and they've majority of time he's gone back to his tried and tested players.

Maybe in the summer it could work but they're in a fight to stay in the league.

Ancelotti has been phoning it in at Bayern hasn't he?

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Koeman seemed to just accept it during the summer. He should've taken responsibility and didn't.

How much did they spend on Sigurdsson again
Koeman doesn't give a shit. My point is that if I were a fan of theirs the lads sanctioning these moronic deals would worry me more. They're still there. Just like if I were a West Ham fan my concerns would extend beyond Billic and towards those nutters running the joint.

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:47 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Koeman doesn't give a shit. My point is that if I were a fan of theirs the lads sanctioning these moronic seals would worry me more. They're still there. Just like if I were a West Ham fan my concerns would extend beyond Billic and towards those f***wits running the joint.
Spot on. I think some have called for that bloke from Leicester to be binned too, he's not done his job.

Like Spurs after the Bale money, was always going to end in a mess of a transfer window. If they've £75m to throw around.

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Zorg

Didn't someone post something from a Southampton fan when he was manager there, describing how everyone from the players to the canteen staff hated his guts and couldn't wait to see the back of him?
Might have dreamed it. Would have been a weirdly specific dream to have though.

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Didn't someone post something from a Southampton fan when he was manager there, describing how everyone from the players to the canteen staff hated his guts and couldn't wait to see the back of him?
I definitely remember reading it

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Koeman dreams

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Spot on. I think some have called for that bloke from Leicester to be binned too, he's not done his job.

Like Spurs after the Bale money, was always going to end in a mess of a transfer window. If they've £75m to throw around.
Yep. Let poor AVB catch all the heat for that

It is a funny aspect of English football. The manager always gets 100% blame. In most civilised countries the players can expect their cars kicked in and the directors terrorised until they resign. Here the board don't even have to speak up or show their faces. Great gig.

Unread 23-10-2017, 02:54 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Didn't someone post something from a Southampton fan when he was manager there, describing how everyone from the players to the canteen staff hated his guts?
Yeah remember reading it, that and he never played the kids. (of which he ended up relying on doing so at Everton)

What about Benitez?

Another who loved to play the underdog, not a penny to spend etc.

Could it?!

Unread 23-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Zorg

Bet he's kicking himself for ruling out managing Real Madrid a few months ago

https://www.sportsrumors.site/blog/2...e-real-madrid/

Quote:
Ronald Koeman insists he could never manage Real Madrid

“Someone as meaningful as I am with Barca, with its history, could not.”

Unread 23-10-2017, 03:53 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Looks like Dyche is favourite.

They want British.

It's all setup for the 2nd return

Unread 23-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Unless you know something I don't about Everton, surely we have to assume it's the manager's choice. At the very least, he has to ok them.

If Not, how are we to ever judge the manager?

I have no idea how their recruitment works, but to just assume it's all out of the managers hand seems even more odd tbf .

Not much he can do about Lukaku going, but to replace him with Wayne Rooney and a 5m quid striker from la liga was suicide.

Unread 23-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Arnold Muhren

Soon...

Unread 23-10-2017, 04:04 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Unread 23-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Tiberian

The Sigurdsson transfer was a major red flag. Looked like a "Me To" ego display of cash flashing from the club. Good player in a bad team(if the team is built around him), Clint Dempsey-esque.

Not what they needed given the make up of their squad.

Unread 23-10-2017, 05:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Ancelotti has been phoning it in at Bayern hasn't he?
Wasn't he watching Liverpool get tonked by Spurs yesterday?
Closed Thread