Unread 21-10-2017, 09:42 PM
utd99

Fraud.

Unread 21-10-2017, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
tries his best imo, just isn't that great
Yeah, I agree. Most of our players with the right attitude are unfortunately limited, and too many of the talented ones are lacking mentally.

And we are meant to think signing Ozil will help the latter problem particularly?

Unread 21-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Billy Redface

By United standards, he's average.

He's not bad. We've had much worse and he works hard.

But he's not good enough to be first back up.. which is apparently what he is.

Let's be honest, did anyone expect him to actually play well and do a better job than an on form Mickey when they saw the team sheet announced?

I don't even know what he does well. Good for the occasional stunner. That's about it. I expect him to buzz around.. his movement is ok....but that's because he's ALWAYS Moving so much.... He's not quick. He's not skilful. He's not got a good range of passing and he doesn't have any finesse.

I have absolutely no idea what I hope he'll do when he gets the ball. He has formed no expectation that anything good will happen when he's on the ball.

Oh good. Lingard is on the ball. He probably won't give it away... but is anyone else around that could help?

He really shouldn't be playing for us

I don't mind any one of Damian, Jones, Smalling, Young, Lingard starting from time to time ..... the problem is that they've ALL started at least 1 of the last 2 league games.

Unread 21-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
By United standards, he's average.

He's not bad. We've had much worse and he works hard.

But he's not good enough to be first back up.. which is apparently what he is.

Let's be honest, did anyone expect him to actually play well and do a better job than an on form Mickey when they saw the team sheet announced?

I don't even know what he does well. Good for the occasional stunner. That's about it. I expect him to buzz around.. his movement is ok....but that's because he's ALWAYS Moving so much.... He's not quick. He's not skilful. He's not got a good range of passing and he doesn't have any finesse.

I have absolutely no idea what I hope he'll do when he gets the ball. He has formed no expectation that anything good will happen when he's on the ball.

Oh good. Lingard is on the ball. He probably won't give it away... but is anyone else around that could help?

He really shouldn't be playing for us

I don't mind any one of Damian, Jones, Smalling, Young, Lingard starting from time to time ..... the problem is that they've ALL started at least 1 of the last 2 league games.
I watched Cleverley today playing for watford and he looked a more productive player than Lingard, that's £#%&!ing saying something.

When your team is playing well and everyone is on song, Lingard is exactly the kind of average player who will look half decent, maybe even chip in with an assist or goal.

but when it's time to roll up your sleeves and see about turning a defeat into a victory or you're looking for someone to unlock a resolute defence, he's nowhere near good enough.

Unread 21-10-2017, 11:45 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I watched Cleverley today playing for watford and he looked a more productive player than Lingard, that's f***ing saying something.

When your team is playing well and everyone is on song, Lingard is exactly the kind of average player who will look half decent, maybe even chip in with an assist or goal.

but when it's time to roll up your sleeves and see about turning a defeat into a victory or you're looking for someone to unlock a resolute defence, he's nowhere near good enough.
And he was kept on today.

Like for like changes at half time was our one and only move.

Why not change to system? Go two up top? Maybe gamble for the first time with Rashford, Martial and Lukaku all together?

Hererra, Mata or lingard could have been subbed for that.

Unread 21-10-2017, 11:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
And he was kept on today.

Like for like changes at half time was our one and only move.

Why not change to system? Go two up top? Maybe gamble for the first time with Rashford, Martial and Lukaku all together?

Hererra, Mata or lingard could have been subbed for that.
Because i don't think he trusts them when the game gets stretched sadly.

Unread 21-10-2017, 11:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Because i don't think he trusts them when the game gets stretched sadly.
Really?

Because his main attacking tactical change this season has been to bring on Rashford or Martial.

Unread 22-10-2017, 12:52 AM
Jack Duckworth

he's nowhere near good enough for a united team aspiring to win the league.

Unread 22-10-2017, 12:59 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
he's nowhere near good enough for a united team aspiring to win the league.
The problem is you can say that about the majority of our squad - I don't think that's exaggerating.

Unread 22-10-2017, 01:12 AM
Clarkie

Rubbish.

He tried though, just not up to it....Which brings me onto the next man, who has gotten away with being below average for so long...

Juan Mata

Unread 22-10-2017, 01:14 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Rubbish.

He tried though, just not up to it....Which brings me onto the next man, who has gotten away with being below average for so long...

Juan Mata
Agreed, vastly overrated

Unread 22-10-2017, 03:01 PM
utd99

Unread 22-10-2017, 03:38 PM
puressence

The only one wanting the ball yesterday looking for the forward pass obv the experts the cab drivers won’t see it

Unread 22-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
no idea who that is but

Unread 22-10-2017, 03:53 PM
rockored2

I witnessed Jesse's dream recently at a petrol station.
It's crisps, chocolate and fruit cider.

Unread 22-10-2017, 04:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
The only one wanting the ball yesterday looking for the forward pass obv the experts the cab drivers won’t see it
But you are an expert, yeah?

What year were you calling for Fergie to be binned again?

Unread 22-10-2017, 05:20 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
true, he really wanted the ball yesterday, pity he could'nt control or run with it.. he has the first touch of a donkey..

Unread 22-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Billy Redface

He wanted the ball

£#%&!ing hell , is that the best we can do?

"I was really impressed, when we were 2-0 down, with how lingard didn't just leave the field of play "

Unread 22-10-2017, 05:23 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
true, he really wanted the ball yesterday, pity he could'nt control or run with it.. he has the first touch of a donkey..
People who wanted Lingard to have the ball yesterday: Lingard.
People who didn’t want Lingard to have the ball yesterday: Everyone else.

Unread 22-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Shade

Quote:
The only one wanting the ball yesterday
Yeah. Because wanting the ball alone makes a football player Lionel Messi obviously.
Closed Thread