United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-10-2017, 11:04 AM
TheFatGoth

Red face Moyes: "it was all about the small margins"

Quote:
“Jose has his opinion, but there was always going to be a transitional period after Sir Alex’s time was over,”

“There was a changing of the guard. Not only did I replace Alex, David Gill had also stepped down as chief executive and Ed Woodward came in.

“So it was always going to take time. Yes, I took over the champions, but clubs like Chelsea and Man City spent huge amounts of that money that summer in a bid to overtake us.

“And it was difficult for me to go into Old Trafford and rip up the team that had just ran away with the title.

“Having said that, things would have been a lot different if we had landed our main transfer targets.

“We were in for Gareth Bale and Cesc Fabregas.

“Getting them would have been the perfect start in terms of reshaping the squad I inherited.

“Having said that, I accept totally that when you are manager of Manchester United, you have to win.

“But I don’t think there is a manager out there who would have been able to do something better or quicker in the time I was given after Sir Alex retired. It was all about small margins.”
Just shut up ffs

Unread 08-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Pop

Jesus, he's like a recurring urinary tract infection. Just £#%&! off you porridge slurping @#%&!

Unread 08-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Clarkie

Any manager would have been better. Giggs would have been £#%&!ing better!!

Unread 08-10-2017, 11:27 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
I’ve had several attractive offers – one just a few weeks ago – that I gave very careful consideration to.

“Most of them have been from abroad and while I loved working in Spain at Real Sociedad, I want to make sure that my next job ticks all the right boxes.

“After what happened at Sunderland, I want something that gives me a decent chance to really build something. I did that at Everton. That was the club that allowed me to get myself to a level where I was recognised as a candidate for the top jobs, like the one at United.

“I would like to see if I can get back to that because my reputation has been a little bit bruised by what I have gone through over the last four years.

“I’m only 54. I still feel young and energised. And I am also one of the most experienced Premier League managers out there. I think I’m on 499 Premier League games – and there’s probably only three or four other managers out there who have got more top-level games than I

“Before going to Sunderland, I had one of the best win ratios in the Premier League and I still think I’ve got a lot to offer as a manager.

“When I got the Everton job, the chairman Bill Kenwright told me I would get £5million-a-year to spend on players, plus any other money I generated in the transfer market.

“I was fine with that. It’s that kind of honesty I am looking for when it comes to deciding what is next for me.”
£#%&!ing hell

Unread 08-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Red Al

In for 2 players that didn't want to come here

Turn it in dave

Unread 08-10-2017, 11:31 AM
20 times

Needed more time

Unread 08-10-2017, 12:50 PM
AK14

Sounds like he's begging for the Everton job when Koeman gets the boot

Seriously hate the bloke, a born failure of the highest order...

What was fergie thinking ffs

Unread 08-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Denis Irwell

Desperately fishing

Unread 08-10-2017, 01:05 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Fabregas would have been a bad signing. Imagine that snide, snaky @#%&! at United during those tumultuous seasons when you're so reliant on squad unity, ffs.

Moyes just needs to £#%&! off to SPL obscurity, or the Scottish national team.

Unread 08-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Vetch

Thumbs down

Needs a 6yr contract to turn it round.

Unread 08-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Billy Redface

There's nobody who would have done better in the time you were given?

You were given that amount of time BECAUSE you were so hapless. It was the only standard that would have got you sacked, you £#%&!ing @#%&!!

The absolute £#%&!ing cheek of the guy. Basically saying that nobody would have done better than 7th.

#@&%!.

And it's SIR Alex to you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
£#%&!ing hell
'What I went through'

'What I have gone through'

Like his own failure was something that just happened to him.

Aaaahhhh, I £#%&!ing hate the googly disaster-magnet

Unread 08-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Pop

I wonder if this was the moment he truly realised what he had done?

Unread 08-10-2017, 02:18 PM
utd99

Moyes is the ultimate spin doctor.

Unread 08-10-2017, 02:43 PM
flixton

Surely proof that he was unfairly judged with United comes from the big success he made of his subsequent jobs at Real Sociedad and Sunderland?

Unread 08-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Mr_Ed

He had the chance to rebuild at Sunderland this season after getting them relegated but bottled it. The oxygen thief.

Unread 08-10-2017, 05:28 PM
red in cumbria

You know, if he would just take a bit of £#%&!ing RESPONSIBILITY for what happened I wouldn't hate him half as much

Unread 08-10-2017, 05:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I’m only 54. I still feel young and energised.

If any club is after a fresh-faced bundle of excitable zest, give Dave a call.

Unread 08-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Arnold Muhren

You just know this @#%&! wakes up in the middle of the night on the reg, sitting bolt upright sweating and screaming like a Vietnam war vet. Hope he dies miserably and alone. The @#%&!.

Unread 08-10-2017, 06:44 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
You just know this @#%&! wakes up in the middle of the night on the reg, sitting bolt upright sweating and screaming like a Vietnam war vet. Hope he dies miserably and alone. The @#%&!.

Unread 08-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

If any club is after a fresh-faced bundle of excitable zest, give Dave a call.

And even that was three years and three failed jobs ago.

What an absolute bastard shit..
Closed Thread