United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2017, 07:45 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
The most overrated player of the post Fergie era?
Between him or Herrera I'd have thought

Unread 24-10-2017, 08:25 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Between him or Herrera I'd have thought
Nice lads though

Unread 24-10-2017, 12:31 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
The most overrated player of the post Fergie era?
Quite possibly but one of few players worth rating. Squad full of shit@#%&!s does that to you.

Unread 24-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Hate to say it but perhaps the real damage done by the Moyes reign was that he signed Rooney, Mata and Fellaini to long term contracts. Mata's a lovely lad, but the fact he's hanging about hoping we will offer him a one-year contract says a bit about his status.

13 league goals from his last 70 odd appearances. Doesn't run the game the way someone with low goals output might either. Could be some debate over whether it's been a truly successful signing.

Dunk's absence felt here.
How is he supposed to run the game and be creative when the 3 managers he's played under have been risk averse scared of the opposition shit the beds?

Every player is getting stick atm while nobody is questioning why these players who have done well elsewhere suddenly look ineffective. It's not that hard to work out ffs

United used to be known as an attacking team that dominated games. You're not going to get the best from players like Mata when you're waiting for huddersfield town to tire before you have a go at them.

Unread 24-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
How is he supposed to run the game and be creative when the 3 managers he's played under have been risk averse scared of the opposition shit the beds?

Every player is getting stick atm while nobody is questioning why these players who have done well elsewhere suddenly look ineffective. It's not that hard to work out ffs

United used to be known as an attacking team that dominated games. You're not going to get the best from players like Mata when you're waiting for huddersfield town to tire before you have a go at them.

Giveth Giggseh?

Unread 24-10-2017, 01:16 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

Before that, we were known as a striker’s graveyard - Birtles, Brazil, Davenport, etc.

While you make a great point about risk aversity, there are players who simply look better a class below because they cannot handle the pressure.

Unread 24-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Cream

Remember when he arrived in a helicopter, didn't you feel privileged?

Unread 24-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Remember when he arrived in a helicopter, didn't you feel privileged?
Moyes greeting him off the helicopter

"Hello Mr.President"

Unread 24-10-2017, 01:55 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Matey boy mata would be universally hated if it wasn't for kidding people with the effort he puts into developing his persona.

Does a lot for good, oh do £#%&! off, causes.

Unread 24-10-2017, 01:57 PM
forwardirektion

City have got 5 players that can play in the same position that are all better than him

Unread 24-10-2017, 02:00 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Moyes greeting him off the helicopter

Hi, I'm David

David Moyes

The manager

I £#%&!ing am, I'm telling ya

Hey Phil, Phil aren't I the manger

Unread 24-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Hi, I'm David

David Moyes

The manager

I £#%&!ing am, I'm telling ya

Hey Phil, Phil aren't I the manger

Unread 24-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Before that, we were known as a striker’s graveyard - Birtles, Brazil, Davenport, etc.

While you make a great point about risk aversity, there are players who simply look better a class below because they cannot handle the pressure.
And.... the mighty Terry Gibson

Unread 24-10-2017, 04:44 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
And.... the mighty Terry Gibson
You bastard. I’d managed to convince myself that we’d only signed one Gibson.

Unread 24-10-2017, 04:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
While you make a great point about risk aversity, there are players who simply look better a class below because they cannot handle the pressure
Unfortunately, this is correct.

Unread 24-10-2017, 08:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

How are LvG and Mourinho's records elsewhere, mate?

Mata has never come close to winning a league title in his career iirc.

Unread 24-10-2017, 10:30 PM
sa7

"Hugs"

Maggot

Unread 24-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Alan

Quote:
How are LvG and Mourinho's records elsewhere, mate?

Mata has never come close to winning a league title in his career iirc.
Both got sacked from their previous jobs IIRC.

How was Mata's record elsewhere, mate? Chelsea's POTY and a welcome signing for most at the time. Suddenly he comes to United playing under negative managers, is less effective and it's him at fault according to some

You tend to need 10 other players to win a league title btw. Not sure what you're driving at with that one tbh.

Unread 24-10-2017, 10:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Both got sacked from their previous jobs IIRC.

How was Mata's record elsewhere, mate? Chelsea's POTY and a welcome signing for most at the time. Suddenly he comes to United playing under negative managers, is less effective and it's him at fault according to some

You tend to need 10 other players to win a league title btw. Not sure what you're driving at with that one tbh.
Mata had his best season at Chelsea under Benitez in a counter attacking side that finished 5th or something.

LvG is an ideal manager for someone like Mata. Just like he was for many other intelligent technical players.

In fairness he wasn't terrible under Van Gaal. Maybe with better players around him he'd have really kicked on.

Unread 25-10-2017, 12:20 AM
Shade

Quote:
Maybe with better players around him he'd have really kicked on.
It's amazing how many times this has been said regarding our attacking "number 10 type" midfielders over the last decade or so.

We said the same thing about Kagawa, we said the same thing about Cleverly, and now we are saying the same thing about Mata, Herrera and even Mkhitaryan.

Since Scholes, Keane and Giggs left, we have never really properly fixed the midfield. You wonder if United will ever have a balanced world-class midfield again.

Right now in terms of balance, the team is a complete shambles.
Closed Thread