United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Of course tackling someone isn't cheating you plank.
blatantly?

Although I see how you have avoided quoting other part, cheekily pulling someones shirt in the box. I know why. because neville, rio et al always do that.

Unread 10-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Crumps

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
blatantly?

Although I see how you have avoided quoting other part, cheekily pulling someones shirt in the box. I know why. because neville, rio et al always do that.
Blatantly tackling someone? You are aware that 'tackling' actually means winning the ball aren't you? I think the word you were looking for was 'foul'

I didn't qoute the other part because it was completely irrelevant to the point I was making you remedial #@&%!.

Unread 10-12-2007, 10:36 AM
sharath

Quote:
Blatantly tackling someone? You are aware that 'tackling' actually means winning the ball aren't you? I think the word you were looking for was 'foul'

I didn't qoute the other part because it was completely irrelevant to the point I was making you remedial #@&%!.
yeah may be foul was the word I should have used. Although many say bad tackle... what does that mean?

And coming to another point, what do you think or rather what is your opinion...

if somebody pulls a strikers shirt when he is jumping for the ball in penalty box and avoids referee seeing it... is he a cheating @#%&!?

Unread 10-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
yeah may be foul was the word I should have used. Although many say bad tackle... what does that mean?

And coming to another point, what do you think or rather what is your opinion...

if somebody pulls a strikers shirt when he is jumping for the ball in penalty box and avoids referee seeing it... is he a cheating @#%&!?
He has broke the rules and if the referee sees it I couldn't moan although I wouldn't class a foul unless it is denying a clear goal scoring chance in the same league as throwing yourself to the ground to win a penalty.

Unread 10-12-2007, 11:19 AM
sharath

Quote:
He has broke the rules and if the referee sees it I couldn't moan although I wouldn't class a foul unless it is denying a clear goal scoring chance in the same league as throwing yourself to the ground to win a penalty.
I believe then neville is a cheating @#%&!. I can give a clear example too...

Against fulham at home, in the season when they beat us 3-1, neville pushed saha in the back when he was about to head the ball into the goal from 8 yards...

Unread 10-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Ed Sullivan

Oh my god he's only gone and compared tackling to diving.

Unread 10-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Zorg

Ronaldo dived.

The End.

Unread 10-12-2007, 11:46 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Oh my god he's only gone and compared tackling to diving.
Ed, how can you call someone a cheat for diving but not for something else like pulling strikers shirt inside the box to prevent him from scoring.

Please explain... And I am not sarcastically asking you. I want to see your opinion on cheating. What all comes under cheating according to you in football. Only diving and simulation? Or blatantly kicking some one, trying to avoid a striker scoring a goal in a illegal way but without referee seeing it...

Unread 10-12-2007, 05:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Agreed. It's like now he thinks the more you score the more bigger awards you get. Last season he was frightening. He was unstoppable. He was a part of all our moves and was a big part of the way we played. Now he just seems obsessed with bleeding scoring. The amount of times he cuts in and trys to shoot is worrying imo. Compare that with Rooney. He's rightly disappointed if he doesn't score but he will always look to be a team player more than score. He always says it himself when he's on a run of not scoring 'playing for the team is more important and the team winning'.
I agree he’s been a little selfish recently, but I don’t necessarily see it as a bad thing. Perhaps his role in the side is changing. He’s possibly the most complete footballer in the world. He’s capable of scoring from virtually any situation, so maybe there’s a case for saying he should focus on that and should be our main source of goals.

When someone can score the variety of goals Ronaldo can and is finding the back of the net with such an effortless regularity, maybe that should be his main role in our side. It’s also worth remembering that he should have had an assist to his name on Saturday when he created that chance for Rooney, much like he should have had a second assist at the Emirates for that great cross that Giggs didn’t convert at the back post.

Ultimately, he was always going to be more than just a winger. I’ve always said I see him ending up as an Henry-type player: he’ll set goals up for teammates, but even though he's not an out and out striker, he’ll find himself scoring even more than he creates because he's such a difficult player for defences to contain.

Unread 10-12-2007, 05:20 PM
dodger

I assume he's thinking "Everyone thinks I dive anyway. I'm not going to get a lot of genuine penalties because of my reputation so £#%&! it, I may as well dive."

Unread 10-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I agree he’s been a little selfish recently, but I don’t necessarily see it as a bad thing. Perhaps his role in the side is changing. He’s possibly the most complete footballer in the world. He’s capable of scoring from virtually any situation, so maybe there’s a case for saying he should focus on that and should be our main source of goals.

When someone can score the variety of goals Ronaldo can and is finding the back of the net with such an effortless regularity, maybe that should be his main role in our side. It’s also worth remembering that he should have had an assist to his name on Saturday when he created that chance for Rooney, much like he should have had a second assist at the Emirates for that great cross that Giggs didn’t convert at the back post.

Ultimately, he was always going to be more than just a winger. I’ve always said I see him ending up as an Henry-type player: he’ll set goals up for teammates, but even though he's not an out and out striker, he’ll find himself scoring even more than he creates because he's such a difficult player for defences to contain.
Agreed. If someone in our team should be greedy it's him, because he's £#%&!ing good at it. I don't see how you can be worried about the amount of times he cuts in and shoots, when you consider how many goals he scores from those situations. He also almost always gets it on target and forces a deflection or save from the keeper, which often leads to a chance for other players.

Unread 10-12-2007, 05:31 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ronaldo dived.

The End.
wish you would have said that on page one

Unread 10-12-2007, 07:54 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ronaldo dived.

The End.
Exactly, cant believe some people are actually contesting this.
Closed Thread