United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Yep he's on £25,000 a goal, can't blame him for taking it really.
He can't be on that much.

Unread 10-12-2007, 12:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Seriously, if you try to do that 'I'm stating the obvious, but actually being condescending' routine anymore, I'll slap you.

Yes, the penalty taker should take the penalties - but that's not the point is it?
I'm just stating my opinion, not trying to be condescending./ I believe that the team should have a designated penalty taker and he should take the penalties.

Unread 10-12-2007, 12:37 PM
sharath

no place for emotions in this game. Keane and ferguson typifed this.

Unread 10-12-2007, 12:40 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
He can't be on that much.
Why not?

Think about it, say he gets 20 goals that works out at half a million per season, he's on 100,000 a week, so the bonus is nothing compared to his weekly wage.

Good incentive if you ask me.

Unread 10-12-2007, 01:25 PM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Nobody celebrated with him. Apart from Rooney, who slapped him.
tevez did

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He's also our penalty taker.
i don't care, we were 3-1 up in injury time, he shouldhave let tevez get his hat trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I remember Keane a few years back insisting Ruud took a penalty, despite Forlan wanting to get his first United goal.

Nothing wrong with it imo. Ronnie is the best penalty taker at the club and assigned that responsibility.
as i recall it was offered to forlan and he refused as he'd rather get his first goal from open play

Unread 10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Smeggs

at the time i was chanting argentina like most others but looking back at it i'm glad ronny took it. it is importnat for any team to know who is going to step up each time no matter what the score is or if anybody is on a hat-trick.

Unread 10-12-2007, 01:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
at the time i was chanting argentina like most others but looking back at it i'm glad ronny took it. it is importnat for any team to know who is going to step up each time no matter what the score is or if anybody is on a hat-trick.
I concur. if you want to score penaty's become the penatly taker, it's a responsibility, not a pathway to easy hat-tricks.

Unread 10-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Mr_Ed

Let's not forget he also 'won' the penalty in the first place... Fair £#%&!s to him.

Unread 10-12-2007, 01:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Let's not forget he also 'won' the penalty in the first place... Fair £#%&!s to him.
Yeah, like Saha against Chelsea, if you dive for it, you take it.

Unread 10-12-2007, 04:15 PM
tatty

It would have been nice if they could have shared it.

Or maybe made it a team effort...

Unread 10-12-2007, 04:29 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yeah, like Saha against Chelsea, if you dive for it, you take it.
Ah yes, I rmember Wenger trying to say that when he couldn't find any £#%&!er to score form the spot. Trying to pretend he hadn't relieved Henry of the duties (50% ratio I believe. Who says pens don't count for much?) when some other jerk had been given it and missed.

Unread 10-12-2007, 04:50 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Roxanne
Ronaldo is currently the top scorer in the Premier League. I suspect he has his eye on retaining that position.
thats the way i see it as well......

Unread 10-12-2007, 04:52 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
It would have been nice if they could have shared it.

Or maybe made it a team effort...

you could have at least photoshopped the heads onto the picture though Tatty.....

Unread 10-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Ah yes, I rmember Wenger trying to say that when he couldn't find any £#%&!er to score form the spot. Trying to pretend he hadn't relieved Henry of the duties (50% ratio I believe. Who says pens don't count for much?) when some other jerk had been given it and missed.
I thought with Henry he wouldn't take pens that he'd been fouled for, because he was 'too shaken up' by it?

Unread 10-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Qwertyuiop

Scenarios:-

1) Tevez misses, the league goes down to goal difference and we lose it by one goal = Boring moaning forum all summer. Sharath becomes a mod.

2) Ronaldo scores, the league goes down to goal difference and we win it by one goal = Happiness and much frivolity on the forum. Even Gog Coch smiles.

Unread 10-12-2007, 06:40 PM
notrightnow

So the proposal is:
Ron takes all the pressure penalties, in particular any where we're a goal down or drawing.
Deserving forward of the week (aka anyone who hasn't scored in a while, recent returnees from injury and anyone who has scored two goals) take the low pressure ones.

Nice plan.

Unread 10-12-2007, 06:41 PM
notrightnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
thats the way i see it as well......
6 consecutive scoring games!

Unread 10-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
does he not get a goal bonus? If he does he's a tight arse but with Christmas round the corner he probably could have done with teh extra few quid
Do you think he'll be having a Christmas Day roast?

Unread 10-12-2007, 06:53 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

you could have at least photoshopped the heads onto the picture though Tatty.....
I did.

Take a look inside the helmets.

Unread 10-12-2007, 06:54 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
Do you think he'll be having a Christmas Day roast?
the good kind yes
Closed Thread