United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Coracao

Default Re: I'll be gutted if Beckham lines up against us for Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I'd be more gutted if Ronnie came back with Madrid. He'd be super determined to score a few against us.
Viva Ronaldo.

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:15 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: I'll be gutted if Beckham lines up against us for Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
looking forward to seeing Beckham, Giggs and Scholes in the Olympic team next year btw
Only players eligible for the England national side (and fitting the age criteria) will be called up to the GB team.

Hope Fergie manages ‘Team GB’ and wins the £#%&!er tbh.

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:17 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
bench i would imagine, he's bound to be fit knowing him, but i cant see him starting ahead of lennon considering how hes battered evra in recent games
recent games? Presumably these games are part of the last 21 matches in which Spurs couldn't beat us? Weird that innit, speshly if they've "battered" our fullback

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Only players eligible for the England national side (and fitting the age criteria) will be called up to the GB team.

Hope Fergie manages ‘Team GB’ and wins the £#%&!er tbh.
eh? what? boo. what's the age thingy then cus coe was talking about beckham playing t'other day

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:18 PM
andyroo

No more than three over-23s isn't it? Something like that.

Why only poms? Why no taffs, sweaties or nordies? Apart from them being shit. Apart from Giggs and Fletcher. And Evans. No, not Evans.

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
recent games? Presumably these games are part of the last 21 matches in which Spurs couldn't beat us? Weird that innit, speshly if they've "battered" our fullback
not they, lennon. he has given evra a lot of trouble. not rocket science.

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Redknapp wants him around to set an example to the younger players.

Rather than loan him, why not have him train with the squad to continue his fitness for the MLS season?

He only gives a shit about himself, all this "top red" bullshit is a nice PR exercise, he stopped giving a shit about United the day he £#%&!ed Fergie around the man who helped him after all the WC backlash.

He trained with Arsenal....£#%&!ing Lord Factulroy here....how do you know he only gives a shit about himself, because the evidence i see in front of me, since he left us after winning us the treble FFS, is that he respects United, loves the club and its fans..me and you (I think)...

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:22 PM
FannyBanter

He's Yoo-Knight-Ed Through and Through
Oh David Beck-Ham we luurve youuuu

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:23 PM
koppas

"I couldnt ever play for another English club"

Liar23 is definitely very apt.

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:25 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
not they, lennon. he has given evra a lot of trouble. not rocket science.
You'd think if one of their attacking players "battered" one of our defenders they would have won more games/scored some more goals/at least got a bit closer to winning some games though, no? I think the aggregate score over the last 5 meetings is about 20-5 to us isn't it?

I don't think Lennon has ever "battered" Evra. He's done him a few times and I recognise his pace is dangerous but let's not go overboard eh

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
You'd think if one of their attacking players "battered" one of our defenders they would have won more games/scored some more goals/at least got a bit closer to winning some games though, no? I think the aggregate score over the last 5 meetings is about 20-5 to us isn't it?

I don't think Lennon has ever "battered" Evra. He's done him a few times and I recognise his pace is dangerous but let's not go overboard eh
I can remember one game a couple of seasons back where Lennon tore Evra a new one.

Can't remember what game it was though, but it was painful I remember being shocked at how badly Evra had been made to look

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:37 PM
andyroo

Carling Cup final?

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I can remember one game a couple of seasons back where Lennon tore Evra a new one.

Can't remember what game it was though, but it was painful I remember being shocked at how badly Evra had been made to look
thankyou hari, apology accepted PPP

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:39 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:

Someone tell me which game then? I honestly can't remember any. I recall him booting the ball into acres of space and running past Evra a few times but not much else.

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:40 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:

Which game?

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Ginners

Quote:
its easier to type, consider it a nickname

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Ginners

Quote:

Which game?
theres been several, he definitely ruined him in the first half of the 5-2 game. a dodgy pen and the game changed completely IIRC.

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Someone tell me which game then? I honestly can't remember any. I recall him booting the ball into acres of space and running past Evra a few times but not much else.
I can remember Lee Sharpe "booting the ball into acres of space and running past" loads of people and it was very effective.

I don't think anyone is saying that Lennon is the best right winger ever or anything, but he's done Evra a few times and got into very dangerous positions.

Fortunatly his final ball has let him down, which is obviously an issue with his game but it doesn't mean he is not a tangible risk

Unread 07-01-2011, 04:43 PM
andyroo

For £#%&!'s sake. I know you're still bitter Ginners but we were all over them long before that so-called "dodgy" penalty which actually wasn't all that dodgy.
Closed Thread