United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: I'd Rather the team was built 'round Rooney and Pea but...

Ferguson has spoken of Anderson as an obvious ready-made replacement for Scholes for a while now...

Should have more than enough in there creatively with another season from the great Giggs and Scholes, plus Anderson, Carrick and hopefully Cleverley. On top of that we have a few players more than useful at the forward point of a midfield 3. Not seen much of this Morrison kid but am expecting big things from him not long from now, meaning that the manager may well be happy to continue for a time with Gibson and Fletcher to 'compliment' the creativity in the centre of the pitch. I'd rather he didn't, but it'll depend on how close he thinks the younger players are imo. The best two goalkeepers United have probably ever had have both been picked up for peanuts in recent times, so that'd probably be the way to go again. We still lack cover at full-back and a quality leftie to balance the attack from wide, particularly at times like now with Park away and Valencia crocked (tying Nani up on the right). It's interesting to see Bruce using Welbeck across the front of his side, almost mirroring the way Ferguson might be expected to bring him on (as he did with Rooney)...

Unread 06-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Mancunian Red

i don't see how you can build a team around a full back, around rooney yes as he is such a special player who changes games and improves those he plays with and you can choose where plays. And you can play him as a lone striker or in a 4-3-3 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 system.

Anderson could be world class but so far his finishing has been terrible and he shouldn't be played as a purely attacking option.

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

I worry about next season. If all these rumours are true, we'd be losing Van Der Sar, Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Hargreaves, potentially Scholes and Giggs considering calling it a day too.

I just worry what effect that would have on the squad overall. It would arguably be the biggest overhaul we've seen in recent years. Hopefully Scholes and Giggs will stay on one more year.
Closed Thread