United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-01-2011, 09:40 AM
PaulParkers

Default I'd Rather the team was built 'round Rooney and Pea but...

Whatevs

Quote:
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson to mould team around Anderson and Rafael in radical revamp

Man for the future: Manchester United manager has pinpointed Anderson as a possible long-term successor to Paul Scholes
Photo: AP
By Mark Ogden
Last Updated: 7:06AM GMT 06/01/2011
Sir Alex Ferguson expects Brazilian duo Anderson and Rafael da Silva to become central figures in Manchester United’s future as he prepares to undertake his biggest squad overhaul at Old Trafford for over a decade.

No fewer than six senior players are expected to leave United at the end of the season, with Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Owen Hargreaves, Tomasz Kuszczak, Michael Owen and Wes Brown all likely to move on, either through retirement or a lack of first-team opportunities.[snip]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...al-revamp.html

Unread 06-01-2011, 09:50 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: I'd Rather the team was built 'round Rooney and Pea but...

the wizard

we'll need to bring in one or two with experience and presence when giggs, scholes and vds go. other than that, we're well set with the squad. important not to bring too many in if we want the kids to develop, expect a few of pogba, tunnicliffe, james, king, corry evans, keane, ajose, morrison etc to start getting the odd first-team games next year.

Unread 06-01-2011, 09:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: I'd Rather the team was built 'round Rooney and Pea but...

That midfield's gonna need strengthening and Gibson needs binning.

Unread 06-01-2011, 09:58 AM
jem

no robbie brady? he's probably a better centre back than jf evans as well.

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Gotta get the 'keeper right and we're gonna need a creative player in midfield to reduce the lessening role of Scholes. Fergie seems to be suggesting that Anderson'll fill this, maybe, I'm slightly sceptical.

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:01 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the wizard

we'll need to bring in one or two with experience and presence when giggs, scholes and vds go. other than that, we're well set with the squad. important not to bring too many in if we want the kids to develop, expect a few of pogba, tunnicliffe, james, king, corry evans, keane, ajose, morrison etc to start getting the odd first-team games next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That midfield's gonna need strengthening and Gibson needs binning.
I agree wholeheartedly with both of you

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Jez Quigley

Interesting stuff - but I still think we should try and maintain a mainly UK and Irish base (which we are in many ways - I know).

My 3 big signings over the next couple of years (finances permitting) would be Bale (natch), Carroll and Shawcross.

As someone said the other day though - we can't really ever replace Giggs and Scholes -they're truly irreplaceable IJQHO.

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:20 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Interesting stuff - but I still think we should try and maintain a mainly UK and Irish base (which we are in many ways - I know).

My 3 big signings over the next couple of years (finances permitting) would be Bale (natch), Carroll and Shawcross.

As someone said the other day though - we can't really ever replace Giggs and Scholes -they're truly irreplaceable IJQHO.
Have said all along, wherever it be Spurs not getting in CL or Redknapp moving to England job, he's a cert for United.

I'd be happy with those chances, just feel we need a extra spark in midfield where the games are won/loss, i understand going with a young keeper, defence etc but there are times this season and since Ronaldo has gone where we just lack something special in the middle of the park.

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no robbie brady? he's probably a better centre back than jf evans as well.
He could do with staying fit.

I'm still patiently awaiting some form of return for Petrucci

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Petrucci, I remember that name, he's like a modern day Giuliano Marujuana
I know

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:32 AM
borsuk

henderson or mccarthy for midfield
neuer or adler in goal
banega to run the show from deep

and older fringe players to move on

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
henderson mccarthy for midfield

Madness borsuk, madness.....You do mean Mccarthy THE mccarthy dont you..?

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Zorg

I hate to ask but where are the club up to with re-animating Hargreaves' corpse?

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:37 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Madness borsuk, madness.....You do mean Mccarthy THE mccarthy dont you..?
yep, another crap player from wigan

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
yep, another crap player from wigan
Ive just been sick in my mouth.....
Value + Doom = Our Level.

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:39 AM
The Return of JC

Great stuff from Fergie. Just a master at 'evolving' sides and making the transition appear as seemeless as possible.

Question: Would anyone be disappointed to see any of the names on the list of the 'overhaul' go? I wouldn't. Neville simply has to finish, as does Hargreaves. VDS is 57 and Wes has served us well. Krusty has had his moments, but it's best for all parties for him to move on.

Yep, new keeper, creative midfielder and another winger and we're looking pretty good. I really hope Cleverly and Welbeck can make the impact we want.

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Great stuff from Fergie. Just a master at 'evolving' sides and making the transition appear as seemeless as possible.

Question: Would anyone be disappointed to see any of the names on the list of the 'overhaul' go? I wouldn't. Neville simply has to finish, as does Hargreaves. VDS is 57 and Wes has served us well. Krusty has had his moments, but it's best for all parties for him to move on.

Yep, new keeper, creative midfielder and another winger and we're looking pretty good. I really hope Cleverly and Welbeck can make the impact we want.
I'd keep Wes tbh, we don't have a backup to Rafael without him.

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:47 AM
believe

Quote:
Midfielders
Out: Paul Scholes (36), Owen Hargreaves (29)
In: Anderson (22), Darron Gibson (23), Tom Cleverley (21)

Forwards
Out: Michael Owen (31)
In: Danny Welbeck (20), Javier Hernández (22), Bebe (20)

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Unread 06-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Oh here he is....Abdul Gray...
Closed Thread