United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2011, 04:44 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Default Re: bad news on the injury front

to me he's always seemed like a decent lad, pretty down to earth even when he was one of the best strikers in world football. his record for us is good enough considering what we paid and how much he earns, he's scored a handful of pretty important goals and has always been realistic about his standing within the squad, never complaining when he has been overlooked. i think he comes across well in interviews and i like him.

oooh sorry i forgot he once did a bad foul on schmeichel boo hoo.

Unread 03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE

That was Ian Wright. You're thinking of Ronny Johnsen. Boo hoo.

Unread 03-01-2011, 04:49 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Red face Re: bad news on the injury front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
i was thinking johnsen at first but then i thought he scored the goal in that game.

back in my box.

Unread 03-01-2011, 04:49 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
£#%&!ed his ankle up by all accounts. Wasn't that Owen's first match at Old Trafford and got sent off? Memory isn't as good as it used too.

Unread 03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
to you, it probably is.

least of my concerns though.
I don't understand why it would bother a Japanese/Chinese guy that doesn't go to games.

Unread 04-01-2011, 12:56 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I don't understand why it would bother a Japanese/Chinese guy that doesn't go to games.
there are some things you will never grasp. don't fight it. just turn on the wrestling and be happy.

(ps. ginners did this first. and was better at it)

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
there are some things you will never grasp. don't fight it. just turn on the wrestling and be happy.

(ps. ginners did this first. and was better at it)
Loads of people did the wrestling thing, but as pointed out, its not offensive to someone who openly acknowledges the fact they watch wrestling. Silly.

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:07 AM
plopborsky

watching wrestling is just as bad as watching eastenders or corrie its all made up.

ps i dont mind wrestling its actually quite funny

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
watching wrestling is just as bad as watching eastenders or corrie its all made up.

ps i dont mind wrestling its actually quite funny
Exactly. Its a show. People still go with this 'You do know its fake don't you?' and the answer is yes, i'm aware its fake. As are millions of others who watch it.

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:12 AM
dinger

In other injury news I think Hargreaves has finally been put down, they dont bother listing him on http://www.physioroom.com/news/engli...jury_table.php anymore.

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:20 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
to me he's always seemed like a decent lad, pretty down to earth even when he was one of the best strikers in world football. his record for us is good enough considering what we paid and how much he earns, he's scored a handful of pretty important goals and has always been realistic about his standing within the squad, never complaining when he has been overlooked. i think he comes across well in interviews and i like him.

I concur entirely....except for the Schmeichel bit.

He isn't worth getting worked up about imo.

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Stickman

Quote:
i was thinking johnsen at first but then i thought he scored the goal in that game.

back in my box.
he did - then got sent off. Burnt passed Pallister and dinked if over Schmeichal. Thought Johnsen scored for us in that game actually but could be wrong. Was 97-98.

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:39 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
he did - then got sent off. Burnt passed Pallister and dinked if over Schmeichal. Thought Johnsen scored for us in that game actually but could be wrong. Was 97-98.
i got the impression we did a good job of winding him up, and inducing the challenge that got him sent off

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
i got the impression we did a good job of winding him up, and inducing the challenge that got him sent off
it was actually a baffling foul at the time iirc.

not nearly as high as some on here like to make out though. Kevin Davies hits one every match more or less. Because hes so small, it looked funny.

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:49 AM
History

Quote:
Exactly. Its a show. People still go with this 'You do know its fake don't you?' and the answer is yes, i'm aware its fake. As are millions of others who watch it.
Everything thats entertainment on tv is fake, even these fly on wall documentaries are fake, putting them in these unrealistic situations with perfect camera angles etc..

The only thing about on tv that's real is the news and sport.

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:00 PM
shenwen

Quote:
i have nothing against things being made up. its the big muscles, oiled bodies and lycra undies that don't work for me.

anyway, I meant ginners did the "chinese" joke first.

Unread 04-01-2011, 01:35 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Everything thats entertainment on tv is fake, even these fly on wall documentaries are fake, putting them in these unrealistic situations with perfect camera angles etc..

The only thing about on tv that's real is the news and sport.
at least as fake as fly-on-the-wall documentaries

Unread 04-01-2011, 02:27 PM
dodger

Quote:
I though it was real when it was on world of sport in the 70's. Didn't twig on for £#%&!in' years. There was some pretence that it was real though wasn't there? Is there still?

Unread 04-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up Re: bad news on the injury front

Quote:
agreed

Unread 04-01-2011, 02:48 PM
The taste of...

Michael Owen is a scouse @#%&!.

However although a scouse @#%&! idol of their highest decoration.

.... he is grateful to sit on our bench and come off it to settle derbies.

As a 70's 80's match going red, I could have once only dreamt of saying that

Thank you SAF and if you think the @#%&! being at the club serves us well then ok.
Closed Thread